How do you deal with stress?

Options
Fammy04
Fammy04 Posts: 69 Member
Hey everyone! I'm bored and I'm looking for a little conversation. I'm sure some of us know that stress can lead to bad things on this health journey. I'm curious, what do you do to de-stress? :)

I like to either paint, play video games, or play with my dogs outside if weather permits.

Replies

• tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I loose my appetite.

On the + side I can loose pounds every day. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Fammy04
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    a shower always calms me down.
    Gets my thoughts together.

That’s my answer to everything
    Sad- shower
    Manic episode- shower
    Wanna feel pretty- shower

I used to run to the shower every time I was about to get in trouble by my parents, and wasn’t ready to deal with them. I took that into my adulthood- saves a lot of arguments with the BF.

I like showers when I want to pamper myself because the products I use smell amazing. For stress, I like soaking in the tub with some bath salts. That's always nice.
  • Fammy04
    Options
    tmanfive wrote: »
    I loose my appetite.

On the + side I can loose pounds every day. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Ah, I'm the opposite. Stress makes me want to eat lots more.
  • Fammy04
    Options
    I just cry lol. And also work on the least taxing things on my to do list because I feel even worse if I’m not productive

You can certainly feel better after a good cry. :smile:
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    Not well.

Mostly just cry
    Any form of escapism really. Food, drink, 🍃, internet.
    Back in the day when I was actively working out, I think that was the best way to deal. Can’t be sad if you’re tired.
    Been trying to find a hobby. Bought a sewing machine but I wasn’t immediately good at it so it’s collecting dust. 😬
  • Plasicage
    Plasicage Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I don't manage well with stress. I should be doing relaxing things like painting but instead I so things like cleaning, organizing, and throwing things out. Plus complaining.

What I find annoying now is that our city is *just* starting to open up, and I'm on a diet! So that means everything is off limits, and I get bored easily too. 🤣😥
    At least the gym is finally reopening next Friday too, after 8 months shut down.
  • Zoomie402
    Zoomie402 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I cuss....like a sailor
    I listen to the F this meditation on youtube
    Wine (not to be confused with whine)
    Nap
  • Fammy04
    Options
    Not well.

Mostly just cry
    Any form of escapism really. Food, drink, 🍃, internet.
    Back in the day when I was actively working out, I think that was the best way to deal. Can’t be sad if you’re tired.
    Been trying to find a hobby. Bought a sewing machine but I wasn’t immediately good at it so it’s collecting dust. 😬

You no longer work out as much? What changed?
    I used to put puzzles together, but it ended up frustrating me. Too much time, not enough progress. I now like to do paint by numbers. :)
  • Fammy04
    Options
    Plasicage wrote: »
    I don't manage well with stress. I should be doing relaxing things like painting but instead I so things like cleaning, organizing, and throwing things out. Plus complaining.

What I find annoying now is that our city is *just* starting to open up, and I'm on a diet! So that means everything is off limits, and I get bored easily too. 🤣😥
    At least the gym is finally reopening next Friday too, after 8 months shut down.

There's nothing wrong with those options. I like to turn on some loud music and clean too.

Ah, that sucks, but YAY to the gym reopening! :)
  • Fammy04
    Options
    Zoomie402 wrote: »
    I cuss....like a sailor
    I listen to the F this meditation on youtube
    Wine (not to be confused with whine)
    Nap

Ha ha, nice!
    I'll have to look that up! :D
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Instead of eating, I'll chew gum and read. Chew gum and work on jigsaw puzzles. Drink coffee and browse the internet. Drink coffee and read. I'm a terrible emotional eater so always have gum on hand. :/ I have adult coloring books I should drag out but I get bored easily with those. Losing myself looking up youtube music videos helps sometimes too. Or finding a good movie on amazon prime.

I wish I was the exerciser or cleaner type person when stressed but nope, eating was always my drug of choice. And unfortunately I still fall back on binge-ing when stressed at times.
  • Fammy04
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Instead of eating, I'll chew gum and read. Chew gum and work on jigsaw puzzles. Drink coffee and browse the internet. Drink coffee and read. I'm a terrible emotional eater so always have gum on hand. :/ I have adult coloring books I should drag out but I get bored easily with those. Losing myself looking up youtube music videos helps sometimes too. Or finding a good movie on amazon prime.

I wish I was the exerciser or cleaner type person when stressed but nope, eating was always my drug of choice. And unfortunately I still fall back on binge-ing when stressed at times.

That's a great idea to have gum on hand!

For years, I've been an emotional eater. It's hard and I completely understand where you're coming from.
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I channel it into working (even just housework), writing, researching something I need to know, taking online classes (usually computer related), watching DIY vids on something I don't want to do but need to (fixing a faucet, lengthening a skirt).

I'm good about channeling it into using my mind to otherwise occupy myself, but do envy those who can channel it into physical exercise. Stress wears me out & makes me sedentary... I don't have the desire to move, just staying busy.

In times of high stress, it's sleep that takes hold. I need to incorporate physical exercise into my life more in times of stress.
  • strangeanimal55
    strangeanimal55 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    @Fammy04 wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I'm bored and I'm looking for a little conversation. I'm sure some of us know that stress can lead to bad things on this health journey. I'm curious, what do you do to de-stress? :)

I like to either paint, play video games, or play with my dogs outside if weather permits.

What games do you play? I like video games as well, going on a walk, taking a bath, I play with horses at my volunteer job
  • Fammy04
    Options
    I channel it into working (even just housework), writing, researching something I need to know, taking online classes (usually computer related), watching DIY vids on something I don't want to do but need to (fixing a faucet, lengthening a skirt).

I'm good about channeling it into using my mind to otherwise occupy myself, but do envy those who can channel it into physical exercise. Stress wears me out & makes me sedentary... I don't have the desire to move, just staying busy.

In times of high stress, it's sleep that takes hold. I need to incorporate physical exercise into my life more in times of stress.

Wow, I wish I could do what you do. Were you always able to channel your stress like that? Or did you have to train your mind to focus?
  • Fammy04
    Options

What games do you play? I like video games as well, going on a walk, taking a bath, I play with horses at my volunteer job

So many games. Mainly RPGs like Final Fantasy. Do you use any salts in your bath? I love them. :)

Horses? Lucky! Do you get to ride them?
  • strangeanimal55
    strangeanimal55 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Fammy04 wrote: »

So many games. Mainly RPGs like Final Fantasy. Do you use any salts in your bath? I love them. :)

Nice! I use epsom salt or sometimes those scented bath bombs but not always.

I don't ride them. It's a therapeutic riding center for kids with special needs so when I'm there either a child is riding them while I lead or I'm feeding/playing with them. It's good exercise!
  • Fammy04
    Options
    Fammy04 wrote: »

Nice! I use epsom salt or sometimes those scented bath bombs but not always.

I don't ride them. It's a therapeutic riding center for kids with special needs so when I'm there either a child is riding them while I lead or I'm feeding/playing with them. It's good exercise!

I use a lavender eucalyptus dead sea salt to relax with. I'm not a fan of bath bombs anymore. They always seemed to leave a ring around the tub.

How sweet. I would love to do something like that. :)