These also help immensely! 😉

🍷💃❤️‍🔥
  • ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member
    Disassociation.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    edited July 2021
    Working out, especially running, biking or hiking.
    Music also helps me
    And one more that can be a stress relief depending on the situation is house cleaning and yard work. Especially gardening.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    Music also helps me
    And one more that can be a stress relief depending on the situation is house cleaning and yard work. Especially gardening.

Yep if that plant gives me trouble I just rip it out and plant another 😅
  • SilverJem77
    SilverJem77 Posts: 46 Member
    Walks, riding a bike, hot baths, grounding exercises, sitting outside in the sun, and the occasional marijuana edible (which is legal in my state)
  • Fammy04
    Fammy04 Posts: 69 Member
    Handkerchief origami...

giphy.gif

Awesome! Love this! :)
  • Fammy04
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    Music also helps me

I'm such a lazy person sometimes, but I really need to start exercising more. I wish I could do it to relieve stress.
  • Fammy04
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    If I'm being totally honest, one of the biggest things that reduced the stress in my life was giving up religion. I was pretty much a non believer even as a kid. But once I left it for good, I've never stressed if I'm "sinning" at anything I'm doing.
    Second best thing to relieve stress in your life is to have minimum debt. I owe on nothing but my house. So even if I lost my job, I wouldn't freak out because I've got a lot of emergency money to carry me out for awhile even without work.
    And last....................exercise. Especially kickboxing. Nothing like striking something legally and releasing some tension.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

This really speaks to me. Thank you for sharing!
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    p24lw949pcfk.jpg
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    PAWGliacci wrote: »
    i bury it all
    deep down inside where itll never come up again and i don't have to talk about it

As much as I've tried that, it doesn't work well for me. I end up simmering until it all boils over.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited July 2021
    Beer, tequila or scotch -- depends how bad the the stress is.

Oh, you said "deal with", not "avoid"...
    Um, I'm not sure. I guess I don't.
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    giphy.gif
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,013 Member
    I run distances most humans wouldnt think possible.
  • janet41283
    janet41283 Posts: 217 Member
    I just found this post and I'm glad! I relieve stress by walking. Slow and nice walks around the neighborhood. With this heat, that isn't so easy. I also cook. Yes, I know that leads to eating, but I try to find healthy recipes to try. I put some silly old tv show on or whatever and have some "mindless" time. If a friend is available, I will talk to someone. Sometimes, that just annoys me! So, if anyone here feels the need to get it out, I am a good listener (or reader, as it would be here).
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Sometimes I drink cheap wine while I drown my soul in music.
  • Fammy04
    janet41283 wrote: »
    I just found this post and I'm glad! I relieve stress by walking. Slow and nice walks around the neighborhood. With this heat, that isn't so easy. I also cook. Yes, I know that leads to eating, but I try to find healthy recipes to try. I put some silly old tv show on or whatever and have some "mindless" time. If a friend is available, I will talk to someone. Sometimes, that just annoys me! So, if anyone here feels the need to get it out, I am a good listener (or reader, as it would be here).

This sounds like my nightly routine after work. Making dinner with the tv on for background noise. :)
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    Tell stress it's irrelevant. Stress hates that...

2ixybrkhxe7y.png