How do you deal with stress?

Options

Replies

• AlyssaP1987
    AlyssaP1987 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I eat! That's why I'm on this damn app ;)
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    And I also listen to music.
    And it’s never music of substance, I don’t want to listen to anything soft, a story line, meaningful ect.

I want noise from 90s freestyle/dance music
    Rap/hip hop

I don’t want to think I just want to vibe out.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Cuddling with my pups. They love me unconditionally and love the extra attention. I talk to them a lot. Sometimes they c0ck their heads, sometimes they fall asleep. It's all good.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options
    Not much stresses me out anymore. Even when I probably should be. But when I do happen to get stressed out I like to distract myself with funny things. Conversations, messages, The Office, podcasts etc.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Mild stress: hang out with the dogs, weed the garden (weeding is incredibly therapeutic if you're angry with someone).

Major stress: I go into hyperactive productivity. I've redecorated entire rooms in a weekend after a breakup. It's like I need to distract my mind so I go way overboard. But I do get a lot accomplished.
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Mild stress: hang out with the dogs, weed the garden (weeding is incredibly therapeutic if you're angry with someone).

Major stress: I go into hyperactive productivity. I've redecorated entire rooms in a weekend after a breakup. It's like I need to distract my mind so I go way overboard. But I do get a lot accomplished.

Same. Except, I don't have dogs & have the blackest of black thumbs. :(

But, I allow myself a couple of days of mourning with major issues, then say, well, this feels awful & go into a hyper mode of movement. Somehow, when I'm organizing, cleaning, fixing things, it feels like I'm putting my mind into the same mode.
  • OleTroubadour
    OleTroubadour Posts: 3,428 Member
    Options
    Stress = Eat ... I've heard there are better ways to deal with it but I can't seem to find them...
  • chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I go for a walk... on the freeway

Jk

For me, I need to attend a social gathering of some sort that will drain me emotionally through all the visual stimulation and side conversations that get interrupted. I know that anything I do alone will only have me stuck in my head while I'm doing it.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    Options
    I have a punching bag in my backyard. It's an amazing Therapist.
  • ROULER39
    ROULER39 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Cycle and weight train
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    Options

Jk

For me, I need to attend a social gathering of some sort that will drain me emotionally through all the visual stimulation and side conversations that get interrupted. I know that anything I do alone will only have me stuck in my head while I'm doing it.

Interesting take. I'm an extreme introvert... being around others just adds stress to my stress. I only do 1-on-1 well & even then, I still can't relinquish all my alone time.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options

Jk

Interesting take. I'm an extreme introvert... being around others just adds stress to my stress. I only do 1-on-1 well & even then, I still can't relinquish all my alone time.

I feel like I'm stalking you lately. :/ But your post resonates so well with me. Plus when I know I've got anything in my near future that involves public places or other people at all, I will stress about it for a couple days beforehand and start coming up with excuses to avoid it. :( Weird glitch in my psyche I'm sure. That's why it's funny to see my sister in action because she loves people and chatting with them. Me? I just want to grab my book and head out to my backyard with my dogs. :/
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    04pqe13043s9.gif
  • capavenger81
    capavenger81 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Fammy04 wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I'm bored and I'm looking for a little conversation. I'm sure some of us know that stress can lead to bad things on this health journey. I'm curious, what do you do to de-stress? :)

I like to either paint, play video games, or play with my dogs outside if weather permits.

I work out at home or hit the gym
  • tinaBawesome
    tinaBawesome Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yell - really, really loud. 🗣
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Ride my bike and swimming.
  • 42stba42
    42stba42 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I pet my horse🐴 and if I have time I go for a ride.