Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Lost 37lbs

JRugg1980JRugg1980 Member Posts: 11 Member Member Posts: 11 Member
vlh5knh9kw2n.jpg

6bk9igwcb9si.jpg

I have lost 37lbs since May. Started eating the recommended calories, and logging with the app.
I also have been doing intermittent fasting 8/16. Took out sugary and doing a 40-40-20 for protein, fat and then carbs. I started out at 273lbs.
No excercise, yet. I have a physical job.
6'3" and 240Lbs.
It says im still obese on the BMI, but im not sure i see that. Last time i checked it said i was 30% BF.
I think im less than that, hoping by now mid 20s
My goal is low 20s, and 215-220.
im happy with the progress so far.

Replies

• JRugg1980JRugg1980 Member Posts: 11 Member Member Posts: 11 Member
    Top is 277lbs
    Bottom is 240lbs
  • JustJ2014JustJ2014 Member Posts: 274 Member Member Posts: 274 Member
    Great Job. Your hard work is paying off.
  • stuntin666stuntin666 Member Posts: 13 Member Member Posts: 13 Member
    looking good, nice work!!
  • crazyhorse8crazyhorse8 Member Posts: 8 Member Member Posts: 8 Member
    I can really tell a difference! Keep going, your doing great!
  • DeipneusDeipneus Member Posts: 1,863 Member Member Posts: 1,863 Member
    Good work. My food is also about 40-40-20. It's a sustainable level of reduced carbs but not what is usually called "low carb" which for me is not sustainable. As far as BMI, I find it useful, but not to determine if I'm fat. I look in the mirror and if I see a fat person, then I'm fat. If so, the BMI will tell me how fat I am. By itself, BMI is not that helpful.
  • rmorgan37rmorgan37 Member, Premium Posts: 5 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5 Member
    You look great! Good job and getting it off so fast.
  • YaaaahJoliYaaaahJoli Member Posts: 30 Member Member Posts: 30 Member
    Great progress!
    Thanks, for the encouragement. Ill try and keep up with progress pics, when i hit mile markers.
    Im at some point going to start sliding in some kind of weight and excercise training.
  • KevHexKevHex Member, Premium Posts: 253 Member Member, Premium Posts: 253 Member
    Great work, keep going and you will hit your goal.
    KevHex wrote: »
    Great work, keep going and you will hit your goal.

Thats the plan!
    Thank you
    YaaaahJoli wrote: »
    Great progress!

Thank you, very much
    JustJ2014 wrote: »
    Great Job. Your hard work is paying off.

Thank you
  • yweight2020yweight2020 Member Posts: 438 Member Member Posts: 438 Member
    Great inspiring progress 👏🤸‍♀️
    I'm wondering, if Keto is something I should consider.
    I just started on trt 120mg weekly, and 3 days into my shot, i have already went from 240 to 247lbs. Im guessing its water retention.
    Im in a caloric deficit at 1943 calories, using the MFP recommended intake for losing 2lbs a week.
    I do have a physical job as a pipefitter/welder, and im turning wrenches, climbing ladders, stairs land usually walking on average around 6000 steps per day. So i just have lightly active checked, also on weekends, i pretty much am sedentary, i go to church, grocery shop, and will walk with the dogs or throw a ball with them.
    My goal is getting my BF% in a acceptable level and healthy. Ofcourse I'd like to get nicer body composition as well. So im wondering is doing a keto would be beneficial over just a low carb. I read that it may help with water retention from the TRT.
    Looking for insight and suggestions, the 7lbs of weight gain over a weekend has me wondering.
    Up a little on scale at 250lbs.
    This week i kinda let go on the eating healthy. I ate junk and alot of sodium, as well as started TRT.
    Im am really hoping to get rid of the flubber in the lower and side chest, as well as the belly. Feel like i may have hit a stall on the weight loss in fat. Hit 240 and them back up to 250 in a week! Im hoping its just the water retention. From shot and the junk food i ate on Sunday and Wednesday.
  • MargaretYakodaMargaretYakoda Member, Premium Posts: 558 Member Member, Premium Posts: 558 Member
    JRugg1980 wrote: »
    Up a little on scale at 250lbs.
    This week i kinda let go on the eating healthy. I ate junk and alot of sodium, as well as started TRT.
    Im am really hoping to get rid of the flubber in the lower and side chest, as well as the belly. Feel like i may have hit a stall on the weight loss in fat. Hit 240 and them back up to 250 in a week! Im hoping its just the water retention. From shot and the junk food i ate on Sunday and Wednesday.

Stay the course. You got this.
  • BendableButMendableBendableButMendable Member Posts: 35 Member Member Posts: 35 Member
    Great job on the transformation so far, that's awesome progress.

Don't let the weight gain this last week get you down too much. It is almost impossible to gain 10lbs of fat (or muscle) in that short of time. It is likely almost all water weight.

You didn't say why you started taking TRT. If you started it for medical reasons your doctor should have given you a heads up about water retention issues but maybe they lapsed on that. I would recommend talking to your doctor about it now though, they will probably talk to you about dietary changes (less sodium) and increasing your water intake. They may even prescribe a diuretic for you to help offset the TRT. If you started it as a supplement for strength training or muscle building and maybe didn't go through the normal medical avenues, I would still recommend talking to your doctor about it. They will probably start by recommending that you stop taking it but that should be followed up by the same advice as if you were taking it for medical reasons.
    Great job on the transformation so far, that's awesome progress.

Don't let the weight gain this last week get you down too much. It is almost impossible to gain 10lbs of fat (or muscle) in that short of time. It is likely almost all water weight.

You didn't say why you started taking TRT. If you started it for medical reasons your doctor should have given you a heads up about water retention issues but maybe they lapsed on that. I would recommend talking to your doctor about it now though, they will probably talk to you about dietary changes (less sodium) and increasing your water intake. They may even prescribe a diuretic for you to help offset the TRT. If you started it as a supplement for strength training or muscle building and maybe didn't go through the normal medical avenues, I would still recommend talking to your doctor about it. They will probably start by recommending that you stop taking it but that should be followed up by the same advice as if you were taking it for medical reasons.

It is for Low T, my endocrinologist has prescribed it to me. I have been on TRT since 2013, but i stopped 3 years ago, after a motorcycle accident.
    As far as diet, he told me everything he would suggest I do, i have already, done. I myself need to take better steps to eliminate foods high in sodium maybe. I don't add salt to any or my food.
    Thank you for your words of encouragement i appreciate them.