What did you learn using MyFitnessPal that changed your habits?

Options

Replies

• Whydahdad71
    Whydahdad71 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I have learned quite a bit actually. I have learned my nutrients profile along with the calories to just about everything. I think this app is a wise investment.
  • Caramel_Apple
    Caramel_Apple Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    not only did the carbs keep my blood sugar up they also kept the pounds on
  • CrystalLaurey
    CrystalLaurey Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That I was eating about a thousand calories most days -- in condiments.

Seriously.

It wasn't the junk food, the carbs, or soda (i only do diet) that was the major source of my weight problem.

Condiments.

This! I didn't realize how much "little things" like condiments added up. Once I started measuring portions I was shocked by the numbers and when I adjusted my diet, I found out that I either didn't really want/need it or that I was okay with a lot less than I had been using (1 TBS of mayo becomes 1 tsp, 2 TBS dressing becomes 1 TBS with a splash of vinegar).
  • Kathy_1220
    Kathy_1220 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Right off the bat I found that I was not consuming anywhere near enough calories. Using the macros and having everything there in print really was a wake up call. But I have to admit, it is hard to eat that much! If it will get me to my goal...I will do whatever I have to!
  • jeff_miesemer
    jeff_miesemer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP since 2013. I used it to lose the bulk of my weight and now just jump back on every few months to recalibrate my diet and portion sizes. Initially, I was surprised that my portions were way too big and all the little snacks really add up over the day. More recently, I decided to update to premium and was able to add sodium to my "Nutrients Tracked" in the food diary. Wow! I had no idea I was getting so much sodium in my diet.
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    So, weird one from someone who's at goal and new to maintaining:

When I started, my calorie allotment didn't feel like much.

Then I changed the biggest contributors to my former obesity, new habits became real habits and now it feels like a lot. Probably in part because my high weight calorie allotment to maintain and where I maintain now is about 200 calories different, thanks to my TDEE going up (and I was participating in competitive though not long duration sports before)

I ate out TWICE yesterday and still ended up at home drinking a protein shake to make it up to a reasonable amount of calories (ie: 1500 instead of about 1200). I just do diet soda, no fries/side, and the chicken vs beef/burger now as a matter of course.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!