What did you learn using MyFitnessPal that changed your habits?

Options

Replies

• ninasuejones
    ninasuejones Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The most helpful thing I learned was how to monitor macros in addition to calories. I also love how MFP imports steps and allows me to track weight. The app has been invaluable to me, especially in the last two years.
  • deadnet007
    deadnet007 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i learn that through tracking i can be more acurate
  • Carni8991
    Carni8991 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    First and most important: low carb diet reduces cravings and makes self discipline easier. 2: Don't drink your calories. 3: Try intermittent fasting. I do 18 hour fast and 6 hour eating window. It becomes easier with time. I started with just skipping breakfast. Easy when you don't load up on carbs and have a sugar crash.
  • hlhudgins055
    hlhudgins055 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    sodium seems to be in everything. I definately need to lower sodium.
  • LoveIsTheKey253
    LoveIsTheKey253 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When I realized that maintaining a nice physique after 30 was easy with discipline and that anyone that tells you it is harder at a certain age is a MYTH.

Thank you for saying this! It has encouraged me so much.🙂❤
  • TrueSourceHealth
    Options
    For me it was just the act of logging diet. Motivated me to hit my calories for the day and make em clean
  • NancyItalia
    NancyItalia Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspirational words. I put on twenty pounds during the pandemic. I'm writing down what I eat and that's helping me lose weight or keep from gaining weight.

• underwaterbride
    underwaterbride Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The amount of sneaky sodium in foods is stunning and at times, counterintuitive. Milk... has sodium. Raw chicken has sodium. Matcha has sodium. Makes no sense to me. Even if I omit every instance of added salt to anything I cook, including only no salt added canned goods and low sodium broth/stocks, I still blast through my goal, which is frustrating.

Also, being brand specific when logging food and recipes really helps with more accurate calorie counting. I like that I can import potential recipes and edit them to my tastes, needs, and brands. Is it worth it to invest in a subscription? I already have a subscription for Mealime, which is fantastic, honestly, and I'm not willing to give those recipes up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!