Women 200lb+, Let's Be Unafraid This August!!!

Replies

• girlinkaz
    girlinkaz Posts: 90 Member
    @JNettie73 I totally get what you mean about feeling more comfortable in your own body! I was at a dinner with friends on Saturday night and one of my friends has the same body type I used to have before starting this journey. I watched him all night constantly have to adjust how he was sitting, adjust his clothes so they wouldn’t stick to his body, be more quickly winded, etc. Of course, I have absolutely no judgement for him at all because for so long that was me too - it just struck me that I don’t have those habits anymore! I am much more comfortable sitting on any type of chair (because I can comfortably CROSS MY LEGS, what!) I don’t feel the need to pluck my shirt off my fat rolls when I sit down because my bulge is so much smaller, etc. So many good changes!
  • JuneyCleaves
    JuneyCleaves Posts: 92 Member
    @JuneyCleaves - One of my faves to prep is a taco salad from skinnytaste.com. Minimal effort, lunch all week! Is a little high in sodium, so I work in a lot fo extra water when I make this. https://www.skinnytaste.com/taco-salad-meal-prep/

Congrats on meal prepping for the week! It makes things so much easier.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll definitely check it out.
  • JuneyCleaves
    JuneyCleaves Posts: 92 Member
    @JuneyCleaves that looks tasty!

This week for lunch I have a pasta salad (390 cal), accompanied by a hard-boiled egg (70 cal) and one of those mini bananas (about 100 cal). The pasta salad is tricolor rotini, red onion, yellow bell pepper, cremini mushrooms, black olives, feta cheese, Polish sausage, and some zesty Italian salad dressing. Very flavorful and a nice cold lunch for these hot hot days. Next week it'll be chicken salad with crackers - I sub most of the mayo in my chicken salad out for plain Greek yogurt, and use just enough to coat the other ingredients. I'm not a fan of gloppy chicken/egg/tuna/etc salad, LOL.

Sounds great!

Man, I wish I liked hard boiled eggs but I cannot get a hard yolk down.
    They're something I try every so often to try to acquire the taste but it hasn't stuck yet!
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 210 Member
    August Challenge Weigh In Day

Age 44
    Height 5'4"
    SW 249 3/2020
    CW 218.2
    GW for August 214
    UGW 145

8/1: 217.2
    8/8: 217.4
    8/15: 218.2
    8/22:
    8/31:
    Total month loss:

Weekly goals:
    -Continue logging on MFP
    -Work out 5x per week – 3 cardio & 2 strength
    -64 oz of water each day

Up this week. Many reasons. Food was okay but probably had some high sodium items Saturday. With logging it doesn't seem such but still holding. Might have to experiment a bit on that.
    My trending app I'm not liking at the moment. As reality is for it's predictions the next goal may not hit until next year. That may be about right for what happened the last year though. If I could speed up my cycles so they don't wreck things more that might help - HA.

Vet visits surrounding the weekend. Since it's in a nearby city I went to Mom's house as that's less travel. Nerve wracking for 2 of the pets. Well my oldest cat is the most concerning. She's being diagnosed as hyperthyroid. She was slightly high last year (and I thought she gained weight) and this year really confirmed (she lost weight now). The other vet had always been concerned with her weight (chunky) but now it's the opposite trouble. Had to survey friends and found a fb group to determine the best path to go with as my vet, while giving the options, wasn't giving any recommendations either way. The dog yesterday, I at least knew the troubles. Now it's following up with other vets to find who can accommodate her tumors she has.

Gym last night for strength training after picking up cat's meds and before leaving Mom's house to come back home.
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    edited August 2021
    It's hard to love something that has never been celebrated or affirmed
    You sound exactly like my God-daughter who has struggled with severe anorexia since she was 13 yo she is 29 now. You do know that you are more than your body right? Because all this severe hating seems as if your body is you. Your body is a gift given to you for physical expression, however it works or looks. If your body was a pet, would you hate it so much? What if it was a child in your care? Your body is a thing to care for as you have decided. So MFP is a physical training manual, but losing weight will NEVER address your self-loathing or hatred, just as my God-daughter every time she gains a pound never likes herself a bit more. Your size will not change your attitude, you are going to need to do that.

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited August 2021
    I was really looking forward to buying a cute dress I found on Amazon as a reward for reaching the -40lb mark, which I should have been on track to hit this month, but I don't know if that's going to happen. :( I mean, I'm still going to buy the dress when I do reach 40lbs lost, but it's just going to take longer than I want it to, LMAO.

I am absolutely loving how my legs look these days. I'm not even specifically trying to build muscle right now, still eating at a deficit for weight loss and not prioritizing protein, but I've developed some amazing definition in my calves and quads. I also came across a post on the xxfitness subreddit today of someone asking for tips and advice for how to crush a watermelon with her thighs and damn, if that wasn't a goal before it sure heckin' is now! Now I gotta look up best ways to train hip adductors...

edit to add: one more NSV, my collarbones are back! I mean, they never went anywhere, but now I can see them at the top of my chest again. CW for parents having opinions about teenage daughter's bodies, but at one point in high school I dropped about 30 lbs and my mom commented--in an approving way--that my collarbones were prominent and looked nice.