Date format

Options
PatrickO2
PatrickO2 Posts: 12 Member
Hi My fitness pal team,

Why is there no option to have the date in the format dd/mm/yyyy instead of mm/dd/yyyy

Only the USA puts the month first. Here in the UK, and in the rest of the world, the day is put first.

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    There is! I’m in the UK too and my date format is as you’d wish to see it.

I think it’s in Settings - I’m not sure which change does it, but change both ‘Location’ & ‘Date and Time Format’ and it should give you what you want. 😊
  • jrharker
    jrharker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    As far as I can tell there is no place in settings to change the date format to dd/mm/yyyy which is a bit annoying for anyone not living in the USA!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,022 Member
    Options
    jrharker wrote: »
    As far as I can tell there is no place in settings to change the date format to dd/mm/yyyy which is a bit annoying for anyone not living in the USA!

I guess that would be annoying if there were places where the mm/dd/yyyy format were being used, but all the dates I see in MFP seem to have the month spelled out, rather than represented by numerals. Where are you seeing numerals?
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    Options
    jrharker wrote: »

I guess that would be annoying if there were places where the mm/dd/yyyy format were being used, but all the dates I see in MFP seem to have the month spelled out, rather than represented by numerals. Where are you seeing numerals?

Certainly, the iOS app seems to be using the month/day/year format in the home feed in the message shown when a friend closes out their diary. Maybe other places too. I swear that’s a recent change, because it jumps out at me as looking odd now.

Mildly annoying, since it definitely used to be possible to have the date format in non-US style.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,354 Member
    Options
    In the progress chart, it's also mm/dd (without the year) which is confusing too.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    In the progress chart, it's also mm/dd (without the year) which is confusing too.

Oddly, my progress chart is still showing in day/month format. 😂

Hoorah for consistency! 🙄

Luckily the date on my progress chart is 27/12 which is obviously day/month but if it were something like 4/7 I’d really have no clue which way round it was! 😂
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,022 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »

Oddly, my progress chart is still showing in day/month format. 😂

Hoorah for consistency! 🙄

Luckily the date on my progress chart is 27/12 which is obviously day/month but if it were something like 4/7 I’d really have no clue which way round it was! 😂

My progress chart shows MonthName, dd, yyyy. Do you mean the numbers under the X axis in the actual chart? Mine always has mm/dd, with no yy, but since it only shows it for the yearly anniversary, it's repeating the same set of numbers over and over, which is pretty useless.