Does anyone have any YouTube links or can explain simple home exercise?

Options
I am pretty sedentary. I walk the dog 25-30 min. My work requires some walking/standing and some sitting. I have slowly lost 35 lbs total from highest weight, 15 lbs of that in 2021. I am not losing slowly on purpose, 57F overweight.

I don’t know if it is too late, but I would like to add some resistance training to save my muscles. I don’t belong to a gym and want to start with basic exercises at home. We have some small hand weights here. I am looking for a good starter video or directions on what to do.

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Gave a look at Hasfit. It is where I started. The simple beginners programme is great.
    It is 3 sets, I started with one set and worked on being able to do the moves and progressed from there.
    (Yes, some things I had to start very gradually and build to being able to complete the move)

Once I had that programme conquered I found something a little more challenging gradually progressing to a barbell programme.

Don’t worry about age, speed of progression, or what anyone else can do. Do what you can do now and progress at your comfort level.

Cheers, h.

Hereis the one I used many years ago. Now there are plenty on YouTube or the Hasfit site.

https://youtu.be/U0bhE67HuDY
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Thank you, that is perfect
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Seconding the recommendation for Hasfit. There are tons of videos for various levels of experience and the ones I've done always include modifications for beginner fitness.

I normally do conventional barbell lifting but I've been sidelined due to abdominal surgery and then costochondritis so I needed something less intense and Hasfit fit the bill.
  • Viktoria2022
    Viktoria2022 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender!
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    FitOn free app — just create. Free profile. Can also be streamed directly from their website. Have everything from beginner to advanced.
    Prime women — fitness section has some short videos
    Mfp - also has workout plans.

Good luck.
  • I2k4
    I2k4 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I used the free YMCA resistance band intro and still do their longer workout for that, off and on. They have a pretty wide range of solid programs, including for beginners - worth a look: