Calories in a spider??

Options
I read online that a person swallows an average of 8 spiders per year while they're sleeping. How do I log that??

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It's ok, you burn them off jumping around like a crazy person the times when you walk into a web. It all evens out.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    It's ok, you burn them off jumping around like a crazy person the times when you walk into a web. It all evens out.

this lol
  • MsMimidoll
    MsMimidoll Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    lol no doubt....then I guess I can't be a vegetarian :-/
  • mkphotogirl
    mkphotogirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    finally, a post related to spiders that makes me laugh instead of shudder! oh wait, 8 spiders swallowed in a lifetime. *shudder*
  • Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    That means i'm not a vegetarian either haha
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    finally, a post related to spiders that makes me laugh instead of shudder! oh wait, 8 spiders swallowed in a lifetime. *shudder*
    wait! is it per year or per lifetime?!? I need to know if I simply need to bug bomb my entire house or take a flamethrower to it.
  • RBurnham90
    RBurnham90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    shyt I didn't think about that, strong point op. I could be losing out on gains.

In4 answer
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Lolith
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Try estimating the same number of calories as for a prawn... should be minimal lol
  • madtownjeremy
    Options
    I think a few spiders a year will fit into my macros.
  • bingefreeaubree
    bingefreeaubree Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Bahahaha! And ewww 8 per year?! I need to put saran wrap over my mouth nightly or something like that so I break the trend :P
  • mkphotogirl
    mkphotogirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    wait! is it per year or per lifetime?!? I need to know if I simply need to bug bomb my entire house or take a flamethrower to it.

holy crap, you're right! per year. i am not going to sleep tonight.
  • bingefreeaubree
    bingefreeaubree Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    8 per year means you're going to have swallowed somewhere near 800 spiders by the end of your life... and that we've all swallowed at least 144 spiders already in our lifetimes. :sick: Excuse me while I go gag myself.
  • JMann191
    JMann191 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I read online that a person swallows an average of 8 spiders per year while they're sleeping. How do I log that??
    I really hope that's not true LOL, that's pretty scary!...
  • MsMimidoll
    Options
    That means i'm not a vegetarian either haha
    lol idk how i should feel about this....o wait, I'm grossed out lol
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    maybe that's why I'm fat. damn spiders. sneaking in my belly.
  • MsMimidoll
    Options
    maybe that's why I'm fat. damn spiders. sneaking in my belly.
    lmao
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    So that's why I'm not loosing like I should!
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I know this is a joke thread, but just in case anyone is grossed out by this statistic, some reassurance:

http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/spiders.asp
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Good morning FunkySpunky,

I'm sorry that all of these people are not taking your question seriously.

The sort of spiders that you would be likely to inadvertently swallow will contain a truly negligible number of calories - in most instances less than one. Considering that there are about 3500 calories in a pound of fat, you would need to sleep for 500 years to gain a pound!

Other arachnids might contain higher caloric content, such as the solifugae or so-called camel spider.

However, a spider on the order of eight inches long is not something that you would be likely to inadvertently swallow in your sleep.

Sincerely,
    DC