"Those people", they just cant shut the **** up !

Options
I packed my breakfast and lunch for multiple reason
1) To save money and restrict my sodium intake, as you know hows food out there
2) To keep myself healthy. => I dont need massive carbs and oil for just 1 meal

Today is my day-2 and I will keep it up...

"THOSE PEOPLE" in my office, they are like
1) OHHH, SO YOU ARE TRYING TO ON DIET ??
2) OMG, YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE THIS FOOD, IT WILL MAKE YOU FATTTTTT
3) DID YOU COOK THIS, HOW, WHY ?
!@#!@#!@#!#!$!@#@#

I know I am doing the RIGHT thing! I watch out my macros !
I have steam fish dorry, green peas and corns and homemade mash potato with super low sodium (Okay you can say its bad carbs, but so what ? Its not like I am having the freaking pot!)

I will success. Watch me !!
ARGhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

And thank you those for reading, I am done LOL

Replies

• Namita_Kh
    Options
    Stick to your plan n ignore their comments... Make them jealous with your success :-)
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about what they say... it's none of their concern & as for the mashed potatoes, U gotta eat things u like... You'll be a lot more likely 2 stick with it if u don't cut out everything u like... I like my diet 2 be something I can easily stick 2 so I don't deprive myself of things I really like... Much luck!
  • mavis2014
    Options
    I think you are doing excellent . The way I see other ppl's comments- when they start paying my bills they can tell me how to live, til then they can stfu. :) Hang in there~
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    These posts always blow my mind, I work in a big office and noone ever comments when I bring my lunch. I don't know whether I work in a good environment, or I have cultivated a strong F%^K OFF vibe, but I don't even get how this happens.

Seriously, your best defence is to cultivate a blank, slightly disdainful WTF stare and just turn it on them, silently, until they get uncomfortable and go away. If they don't take the hint, go in stronger with a "seriously? this is what we do here? I don't understand how you have so little to do that commenting on my food is a thing..."

The worst thing you can do is to try and justify your food choices or enter into a discussion about them.
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I think you are doing excellent . The way I see other ppl's comments- when they start paying my bills they can tell me how to live, til then they can stfu. :) Hang in there~

Awesome advice!!! ;-)
  • what_lola_wants
    what_lola_wants Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Seriously, your best defence is to cultivate a blank, slightly disdainful WTF stare and just turn it on them, silently, until they get uncomfortable and go away.

LOL, I will be spending sometimes tonight starring at my mirror to do this ! :D

Thank you so much ppl ... I hope as day gone by they will get tired...
  • what_lola_wants
    Options
    The way I see other ppl's comments- when they start paying my bills they can tell me how to live, til then they can stfu. :) Hang in there~

Indeed !
  • what_lola_wants
    Options
    Seriously, your best defence is to cultivate a blank, slightly disdainful WTF stare and just turn it on them, silently, until they get uncomfortable and go away. If they don't take the hint, go in stronger with a "seriously? this is what we do here? I don't understand how you have so little to do that commenting on my food is a thing..."

This is a very good piece of advice. If they are gonna ask me again... Hmmm... We will see whats gonna happen ! :D
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the culture. Here, whenever anyone brings their pack lunch, colleagues around usually compliment them on how much healthier home cooked packed lunches are compared to eating out, and how much money they can save.
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    often people's comments are more about themselves and their insecurities than you. Do what you are doing and know to be right for you and you WILL succeed. Go girl!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I have gotten lots of comments like that!

"Aren't you supposed to be on a diet?" I answer, NO.
    "Should you be eating that?" I answer, YES. I can and do eat whatever I want.
    "That isn't good for you." I answer, Oh right... clearly I have no clue what to do and the almost 70 lbs. I have lost just dropped off by itself :-)

I definitely don't get as many comments as I used to!
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    i never understood that either
    personally i hate packing food from home
    which is why i dont do it , i cant stand leftovers
    because i never want them the next day, the WTF smile cultivation is primary though....
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I would just smile at them and keep right on eating.

They're just jealous of your cooking

it will stop

or smile and ask them if they are offering to buy you lunch. lol
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Aaaaaaaand why should you give a rats rear end what anyone else thinks?
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options

or smile and ask them if they are offering to buy you lunch. lol

good one!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    whats wrong with mashed potatoes? Why are they bad carbs?
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Sweet sunglasses.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    whats wrong with mashed potatoes? Why are they bad carbs?

This^^

I got mashed potatoes for my tea yum yum.
  • Sassyallday
    Sassyallday Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    People are funny. They just don't know how to take someone doing something different than they are. It makes them question themselves. I used to work with a woman who asked me detailed questions about my lunch every day. It drove me crazy!

I finally realized that she just wanted to talk to me AND she was all lusful of my food because she was not a good cook. I started bring her a food treat now and then and she calmed down.

Of course, you don't have to indulge people if they are being mean-spirited but a childlike curiousity can usually be satisfied by stuffing something tasty in the questioner's mouth. :)
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    There ARE no bad carbs. Almost.