"Those people", they just cant shut the **** up !

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    These posts always blow my mind, I work in a big office and noone ever comments when I bring my lunch. I don't know whether I work in a good environment, or I have cultivated a strong F%^K OFF vibe, but I don't even get how this happens.

Seriously, your best defence is to cultivate a blank, slightly disdainful WTF stare and just turn it on them, silently, until they get uncomfortable and go away. If they don't take the hint, go in stronger with a "seriously? this is what we do here? I don't understand how you have so little to do that commenting on my food is a thing..."

The worst thing you can do is to try and justify your food choices or enter into a discussion about them.
    The only comments I have heard in my office about anyone's lunch is something like,' woah, that looks/smells kinda cool. Can I have the recipe?'
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Sweet sunglasses.

Thats what I was thinking. Those are HAWT.

293hk52.jpg

I totally need a pair.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    There ARE no bad carbs. Almost.

Tell that to the '79 Ford Courier I had in high school!
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Sweet sunglasses.

Thats what I was thinking. Those are HAWT.

293hk52.jpg

I totally need a pair.

*totes need a pair
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Ignore them.

Lunch per day if I eat out: $8
    Lunch per day if I buy a stack of microwave meals on Monday for the rest of the week: $2.
    Packing your lunch is even cheaper.

Good for you. Keep it up.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    I do not understand the issue. They asked questions. Just answer them. Some gave unsolicited diet advice. Smile and nod and move on.

-whierd, Adult since Sunday
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Holy cow, it's only day two, stop looking for people that are against you. They are just wondering why the change, just tell them that you are eating healthy, and trying to save money, no big deal, they will eventually stop asking.
  • There ARE no bad carbs. Almost.

Tell that to the '79 Ford Courier I had in high school!

Hah! Took me a minute to get that one :happy:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    My new favorite saying is, "I will success."
  • da1128
    da1128 Posts: 212 Member
    I think I'd retort, "And you want to know this, why?"

Nothing wrong with your food selection...sounds good! Tell the mashed potato nazis to take a hike.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Get a lunchbox like my profile picture. Then they'll have something else to discus instead of the content of your lunch. Or stare a them uncomfortably. Both work.
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Ignore the trolls! I get work place adversity EVERY DAY!

Yesterday one guy even tried to tell me I couldn't burn 300 calories walking during my hr lunch break. I laughed at him and asked when the last time he went to the gym or exercised was because you can EASILY do that if not MORE! (And I did, 327 calories in ~40 minutes, and then another 58 10 minutes of strength training... so that's a total of about 425 in under 60 minutes.)

You will often find that: people don't like seeing others succeed if they are not happy with themselves, ignorant people only like drama, and work place environments are a constant reminder of this.

Just keep doing your thing! You got it girl!~
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    I will success. Watch me !!
    ARGhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Are you a pirate? Do you pack rum?

Arggggghhh.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member

3) DID YOU COOK THIS, HOW, WHY ?
    !@#!@#!@#!#!$!@#@#

Did it offend you that they asked you how you cooked your meal? I'd think that meant they thought it seemed good ?

I'm feeling lucky that no one ever cares much what I eat at work. Other than if they think it smells really good they'll say so :wink:

Also, loooooooooove potatoes.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Get a lunchbox like my profile picture. Then they'll have something else to discus instead of the content of your lunch. Or stare a them uncomfortably. Both work.

hehe my boss's boss made fun of my lunch box a few weeks ago.
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    I do not understand the issue. They asked questions. Just answer them. Some gave unsolicited diet advice. Smile and nod and move on.

-whierd, Adult since Sunday

Hey, just becuase You're an adult doesn't mean that I still can't be juvenille :tongue:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    whats wrong with mashed potatoes? Why are they bad carbs?

High GI and GL. Low fiber, high starch, quick digesting. That's what's generally meant by the term "bad carbs"
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    I think people need to stop letting little things aggravate them and blowing things out of proportion. In the end, it's only you that is suffering because of you. :flowerforyou:
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Mashed potatoes? So what?!

I eat chocolate brownies. I eat corn on the cob. I eat chocolate pudding.

You CAN'T deprive yourself of everything or you'll never make it.

Tell them that you're trying to save up for a car or something... people understand rampant consumerism. They'll back off.

And when they comment about your weight loss later... deal with it when it comes.
  • aNewYear123
    aNewYear123 Posts: 279 Member
    I can see where "Those People" #1 and #2 could be irritating. However I am not sure why someone asking you how to make something that you apparently cooked is problematic (unless there was a tone - and you can't really express tone when you type - even if you use smileys.)