1200 calories

amfreeman1956
amfreeman1956 Posts: 1 Member
Does anybody have a 1200 calorie per day menu they can share? Thx

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Where did you get the 1200-calorie figure from?
  • LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 449 Member
    I'm new to this as of just a few weeks ago, but I am also doing 1200 calories / day. You're welcome to look at my diary. Nothing too spectacular. I eat peanut butter a couple times a day for the ease of it and protein. I think I need to increase my fruit and veggie intake.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,950 Member
    The advice you have been given is good.

But I would like to know if you have stats that might support a lower calorie budget.

For example: Are you especially short?
    Is your activity level affected by disability, such that you have an extremely low (or non existent) number of steps per day?

Those are legitimate reasons for an ultra low calorie budget.

However, if you are like me - 600 or fewer steps per day due to disability, but relatively tall for an AFAB person - then 1300 is a better goal. And that’s a goal that is quite ambitious.
    If I didn’t have a medical need to get this weight down as quickly as possible I’d bump my calorie budget up to 1500 or so.
  • AnnMeyers52
    AnnMeyers52 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm a veteran dieter, almost 60 years at it. One thing I've learned is that dropping calories too low is a sure-fire way to mess up your metabolism. In my case it fed resentment, too. I started here on 1500 calories but wasn't able to eat that much! I dropped it to 1400 and rarely get that much down, especially since I've begun raising my activity level. A few times early on I got that warning that I'd not eaten enough to meet my nutritional needs. What a shocker! Most days I end up somewhere around 1300. I'm 69 so it's going slowly, but I'm satisfied with my progress. Except for being more than a little irked that MFP won't recognize my Samsung Galaxy Drive watch and record its steps, etc. (MAJOR inconvenience, really), I like this app a lot.
  • mimilosesit247
    mimilosesit247 Posts: 4 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Try https://www.eatthismuch.com/. It will give you full-day menus for any calorie goal, for various eating styles, with recipes.

But if MFP doesn't give you a goal that low, or it only gives you a goal that low when you say you want to lose more than 1% of your bodyweight per week, then I'd recommend that you reconsider the goal (unless under close medical supervision because fast loss is essential to your health despite the risk). Also, remember that MFP expects you to set your activity level based on life pre-exercise, then log and eat back calories from intentional exercise.

I know you didn't ask that, but as someone for whom MFP estimated 1200 based on reasonable settings, and it turned out to be punitively low (I got weak and fatigued, took weeks to recover), I feel obligated to encourage others to avoid ultra fast weight loss.

Best wishes!
    Thanks AnnPT77! Sometimes I need to stay within 400-500 calories for lunch and need ideas. This is a very helpful site. Thanks for sharing
  • issymissydaemon
    issymissydaemon Posts: 8 Member
    Please feel free to add me as a friend and look at my diary. I am a consistent tracker that TRIES to stay in the 1200-1500 calorie range. This will shift depending on what is going on in my life 😀

As a runner, if I am ramping up miles or my training calorie, and carb, intake will adjust. Also, if I am at family functions or activities with friends.

I look at this as a journey and try to balance a life well lived with my food choices.