Please explain this to me. So frustrated!!!!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• sarah_lou22
    Options
    Ok, so last week I ate very well, limiting my calories to 1400 a day roughly. I worked out m-f doing weights and cardio, and went for a 3 mile run on Sunday morning. I also kept my carbs around 50-75g a day depending on the day. I was doing fabulous so on Satuday night I had a few drinks. I even had these worked in my caloric budget. I got on the scale Monday morning and found out I weighed 6lbs MORE than I did Sat. morning!:noway: :explode: :grumble:

My husband on the other hand can drink margaritas every night and eat junk all the time. He went for ONE bike ride the entire week and lost 3lbs! I don't get it and I'm extremely frustrated. I feel like I'm STUCK at losing weight. I have another 30lbs to lose and whenever I lose weight it comes right back from just a few drinks even if I budget for them in my calories. Why is this? How can my husband eat crap and drink margaritas and still lose??? What am I doing wrong? I'm going to go and do my workout now. I'm not giving up but can someone explain to me why I can still cut my calories and gain weight from just a few drinks? The drinks are diet coke and jack, nothing with tons of sugar. Any advice would help greatly. I am still up 4lbs as of today. Thanks guys and have a great day!

Lisa

how much sodium are you eating?? how much water are you drinking? are you eating back your exercise calories?

while weightloss is a science, you have to find what works for you -- not every person is going to be able to lose weight the same way.

however, I will admit -- when I started paying attention to how much sodium I was ingesting, I noticed a HUGE difference. don't just look at calories, pay attention to all of your macronutrients
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Alcohol makes you retain water, drink more water and get a good sweat on, you'll drop that six pounds like a hot rock. Seriously, it's no big deal.

Rigger

This was me over the weekend. I ate fairly well over the week, but when the weekend hit, we had a wedding to attend. I did tear it up on the dance floor, and ate fairly moderately the next day, but it still had a pretty high sodium content, and I had another alcoholic beverage. The wedding had alcohol and catered food. I had 'gained' a pound and a half when I hit the scale on Monday. Cue Tuesday morning after drinking water and exercising Monday, I'm back down that pound and a half.