I'm such a failure

Options
Last night I had a great workout, ate a healthy dinner and then right before bed I ate not one, but TWO pieces of dark chocolate. Like I do every morning I hopped on the scale and it said I've gained 2 pounds! I've been working so hard and I just couldn't resist the chocolate. I'm blaming it on TOM! Cravings are crazy right now. I just want to give up. :cry:

Replies

• TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Just stay fat.
  • anj1030
    anj1030 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You should definitely give up. It's quite obvious that you can't control yourself. :wink:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Try the Master Cleanse. It will get rid of all the chocolate toxins.
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Last night I had a great workout, ate a healthy dinner and then right before bed I ate not one, but TWO pieces of dark chocolate. Like I do every morning I hopped on the scale and it said I've gained 2 pounds! I've been working so hard and I just couldn't resist the chocolate. I'm blaming it on TOM! Cravings are crazy right now. I just want to give up. :cry:

Are you being serious??
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    You need to control yourself at night, you can't indulge in that type of food right before bed or at any point and expect to loose weight!! You shouldn't eat after 7pm in the first place.
  • IronCakes
    IronCakes Posts: 317 Member
    Options

What is the master cleanse? Will it really get rid of all the chocolate toxins?
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • IronCakes
    Options
    You need to control yourself at night, you can't indulge in that type of food right before bed or at any point and expect to loose weight!! You shouldn't eat after 7pm in the first place.

I ate the chocolate around 9pm, maybe if I eat it right before 7pm I won't gain?
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

What is the master cleanse? Will it really get rid of all the chocolate toxins?

:laugh: You almost had me there!
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    If you are being serious: Eating two pieces of dark chocolate did not make you gain 2 pounds. It might be water retention, or a million other things. This is why I don't weigh myself ever day and only do once a week - our weights fluctuate a bit from day to day. It's normally, don't freak out.

If you are not being serious: :huh:
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    TWO pieces???? :noway: OMG!!! Throw in the towel. You are such a loser!!

Do you think you may be overreacting just a little bit? Seriously, just keep going. Oh, and the 2 lbs is most likely just a normal fluctuation or fluid retention, not actual fat.

ETA: Oh good grief, I'm such a sucker. :laugh:
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    can't tell if this is serious or trolling.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Eat it before your workout
  • IronCakes
    Options
    If you are being serious: Eating two pieces of dark chocolate did not make you gain 2 pounds. It might be water retention, or a million other things. This is why I don't weigh myself ever day and only do once a week - our weights fluctuate a bit from day to day. It's normally, don't freak out.

If you are not being serious: :huh:
    It's so hard to not jump on the scale, how do you manage to only weight once a week?

TWO pieces???? :noway: OMG!!! Throw in the towel. You are such a loser!!

Do you think you may be overreacting just a little bit? Seriously, just keep going. Oh, and the 2 lbs is most likely just a normal fluctuation or fluid retention, not actual fat.
    I guess I might be, thanks for the encouragement!
    I'm serious...what is trolling?
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

I ate the chocolate around 9pm, maybe if I eat it right before 7pm I won't gain?

I would recommend not eating any chocolate, a little self control can do wonders!
  • WranglerMichelle
    WranglerMichelle Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    First of all, you shouldn't feel guilty for indulging yourself every once in a while, especially if the chocolate fit into your remaining daily values. Sounds like you've been careful in other ways. Go ahead and treat yourself sometimes!

Secondly, I try not to let the scale make me feel too bad about myself around that TOM. I personally retain a lot of water and that always adds a couple pounds, no matter how hard I've been working. That's just the way it is for some women. I just step away from the scale until it's passed so I won't beat myself up every morning! There are ways you can help yourself out with that, too. Avoid salty foods - they can pack on the water weight! Eating foods with potassium will help keep some of that water weight off, too. And of course, sweating helps remove excess water from the body. Be sure to keep hydrated! Decreasing sodium intake and increasing water intake will help flush out some of that excess.

Keep up the hard work!
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Is this for real? :laugh:

no, two pieces of chocolate will not make you put on 2lbs (unless they were 7000 calories? No? Safe then)

and people are being sarcastic with the master cleanse advice - and the eating earlier. You did fine, 2 pieces of chocolate, especially dark, is actually a very healthy thing to do. And it was 2 pieces.

have a read around, and the basic facts will come out as:

Eat within your calorie range, not way below it, or way above it, and you will lose weight. Calories in vs calories out. Time has nothing to do with it, neither does 2 bits of chocolate. This does not constitute a fail.

THIS constitutes a food fail:

fail_dogs.jpg
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    green coffee bean extract really helps with my late night cravings!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options

it's trolling, for sure.