Weightloss apps reviews please??

amb000
amb000 Posts: 12 Member
Recently i have downloaded 3 best weightloss apps on my phone
1. Loose weight app for women
2. 30 days fitness challange
3. 30 days workout.
Please share ur experiences with these apps .

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I just use this one tbh. I've never heard of those three apps. The second two look like exercise apps, though, right? Exercise is not for weight loss, it's for fitness, which is different. Weight loss comes down to a calorie deficit (eating less than you burn, calories in < calories out), which can be achieved through dietary changes alone.

What are your actual goals?
  • amb000
    this is the only app i have.

well, thats not true.

i have the fitbit app. That really, I rarely look at.
    i have happy scale (a weight trend app). I log my weight in that daily.

I've seen several of your posts this morning, and I think you are making this out to be way more complicated than it is.

learn how to weigh (on a food scale) your food properly and find ACCURATE database entries now. I don't know what your starting weight is, but at first you may have a lot of room for error (if you have a LOT of weight to lose). but as you have less to lose, you don't. If you learn how to do things properly from the beginning, it means you don' have to RE-LEARN how to do it later.

Find an activity you ENJOY. You don't have to be a runner (ew). You don't have to work out at all to lose weight (weight loss happens in the kitchen). BUT... physical activity does have a LOT of benefits. Both mental and physical. It can be as simple as a leisurely stroll a few times a week. And as you lose weight, you may find (I did), that you WANT to do more. Simple, little things like parking a bit further out in parking lots. Taking stairs instead of elevators. walking to your mailbox instead of pulling up to it in your car as you are pulling in your driveway. Small things. Every bit counts.

Understand that you do not have to give up your favorite foods or any food groups to lose weight. You DO need to learn how MUCH you can eat. Portion control. This goes back to my first point. For the most part, I eat the same things I always have. Just less of them. I eat burgers and pizza and chips and cookies. Just ... not all in the same day ;) well, I might could get away with it if I planned it out REALLY well. And stuck to the plan with NO deviation. Maybe. LOL

Don't try to do everything all at once. Don't try to make 1000 changes all at once. Most people who burn out, do so because they try to do too much, too soon. start small. build from there. You did not gain the weight quickly. You will not lose it quickly. Better to lose it slowly, and KEEP IT OFF, then lose it quick, and gain it all back and more!

I've been at this a long time. It becomes a part of your life, and like any other habit, you don't think about it much, really. Your eating habits slowly change. You weigh and log your food. Your activity levels (usually) change, at least to some degree. You become more mindful of what you are putting in your shopping cart and body. My one (or two) words of caution is to make these changes slowly. Most people who go 'All in' head first and full steam, burn out quick. Your first couple of weeks, maybe even first month, most people will lose a fair amount fairly quickly, but most of it is water weight (usually from a reduction in carbs). It does slow down, as your body adjusts. It's normal, and is SUPPOSED to happen, so don't get discouraged. Also, don't set your calories too low. The fastest rate of loss (1200 for women and 1500 for men) is not the best rate of loss. Although very tempting to set it to lose faster, it will make it harder for you to maintain and stick to your calorie goals because you will be ... well, hungry. Be kind to yourself, give yourself a few more calories, and you will still lose weight and be less likely to deviate from your plan and therefore more likely to succeed. :)

Useful Links
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1

and basically ... all of these :)

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-health-fitness-and-diet-must-reads#latest

Thanx alot for clarifying so many things . I was really confused in my mind abt how to start and loose weight quickly ..but now i will be more patient and loose weight gradually and slow ..currently i am 77 kgs ..need to reduce 10 kgs cux i am pretty tall ..
  • amb000
    I just use this one tbh. I've never heard of those three apps. The second two look like exercise apps, though, right? Exercise is not for weight loss, it's for fitness, which is different. Weight loss comes down to a calorie deficit (eating less than you burn, calories in < calories out), which can be achieved through dietary changes alone.

I want to reduce 10 kgs in next 3-4 months
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    amb000 wrote: »

I want to reduce 10 kgs in next 3-4 months

10kg in 4 months is...well, it's a little bit aggressive but not insane, but it will probably be harder to maintain that momentum as the weeks go by. What if you aimed for closer to 6 months, that's about half a kilogram per week, which is very doable for most folks. Even if you start out losing closer to 1kg/week, you'll want to slow down a bit as you get closer to your goal, to make the transition into maintenance mode easier.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,403 Member
    edited September 2021
    Agree with @goal06082021

You don’t state your height, but 77kg is 169 pounds, which is a comparatively low starting point.

The closer you are to mid-range normal BMI, the slower loss becomes. It’s just mathematical. You’ve got to eat, right?

10kg is 22 pounds. That would be a lot to lose in 3-4 months without punishing yourself, leading to cyclical low cal/binge issues, or over-exercise issues.

Is there a particular reason it needs to be off in that period, or did you (like the rest of us) just come up with an arbitrary goal and think “oh that sounds good”?
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,403 Member
    And btw, it kinda sounds like you’re fixing to throw yourself into an unfamiliar exercise regimen.

No guilt. Been there done that.

But you can actually expect some temporary weight gain with new workouts. Sudden exercise can cause water retention, especially if it involves sore muscles.

A lot of us- me included- didn’t expect that when we began our weight loss efforts.

I would have been so grateful to have known that up front!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,886 Member
    And btw, it kinda sounds like you’re fixing to throw yourself into an unfamiliar exercise regimen.

No guilt. Been there done that.

But you can actually expect some temporary weight gain with new workouts. Sudden exercise can cause water retention, especially if it involves sore muscles.

A lot of us- me included- didn’t expect that when we began our weight loss efforts.

I would have been so grateful to have known that up front!

Oh, yes, I GAINED seven pounds of water weight when I started weight lifting again. It came back off in a few weeks. Glad for these forums so I knew it was just new exercise water retention.
  • AKTipsyCat
    AKTipsyCat Posts: 240 Member
    I use 4 Apps - This one, the one for my Fitbit (which I love, because I'm in challenges to meet my steps with friends, and because I can track my walks), my 5x5 Stronglifts app for lifting, and an Intervals app I use rarely, for tracking intervals when I'm doing a boxing work out, or when I wax optimistic and think I'm going to start running again, LOL...