Just Give Me 20 Days - Round 167

Options

Replies

• Nicoles0305
    Nicoles0305 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    @starrjulia8 YOU ARE AWESOME! Taking care of life’s issues is tough but you are working at it and we’re all here for you!

@Nicoles0305 I know there are naysayers but I learned a long time ago that I am insulin resistant. I have to work to keep my TOTAL carb intake quite low because even those fiber grams DO affect me. You can look at my spoiler to see how it worked for me. It’s not EASY but anything worth doing isn’t. My sis-in-law said she couldn’t do it because she “would die without bread” and my DH refuses to give up corn and Dr. Pepper but other things that we no longer have in the house have helped him lose 20#.

I actually have been watching my carbs on my doctor’s recommendation. I have a family history of T2D and she said my body shape is indicative of it as well. Fortunately my numbers were good when I had blood work done over the summer.

I’ve followed some form of IF since 2014, save for about 10 months while I was pregnant and right after. I currently do somewhere between 16:8 and 20:4 these days. I’ve read a lot about insulin resistance, and honestly think I may be IR as well. I just feel like when I go lower carb than about 60-75 net carbs in a day, it seems to have the opposite effect on me than you’d think. As in, the scale stops or goes in the wrong direction. I don’t know… 7 years into this weight loss journey and my body still keeps me guessing sometimes!
  • playhardkf2017
    playhardkf2017 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    @SheilaBoneham for breakfast I’ve been on a smoothie kick but I can sense I’ll be shifting to toast and some sort of protein and healthy fat again with a piece of fruit. At the moment I’m trying to eat 120 g of protein a day which is tough to do for me without supplementing with a couple scoops of protein powder, so that’s why I’ve been having the protein smoothies in the morning.

I also enjoy greek yogurt with fruit and something crunchy on top.

I tend to go through phases where I’ll eat the same thing and then move on to something different and cycle through different options. If you need a variety of breakfast ideas the cookbook “Rise and Run” is fantastic!
  • starrjulia8
    starrjulia8 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    @fmfdfa2020

You came back that is what is important!

• starrjulia8
    starrjulia8 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the support!