Just Give Me 20 Days - Round 167

Options

Replies

• SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,873 Member
    Options
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    SModa61 wrote: »
    @lilylady3k I actually took 5 minutes to try and read some posts. Yours caught my eye as I am currently dealing with 86 year old stubborn father in rehab after his hip broke mid-stride. Meanwhile 84 year old mother is all alone. She does not drive and memory is also becoming and issue. Sister flew out to oversee next steps (she is a doctor) and this week has been a whirlwind trying to make a semblance out of my parents home (sorely neglected and quasi hoarders). So glad your daughter is all right. That must have been an awful scare. Hope all continues to go well!

@Smoda61 - Thank you for the support this week while I jump through mental challenges with my mom and pregnant daughters. It sounds like you too have aging parents issues. Posting something below on advice for aging parents with mental issues that I try to use but fail many times. It is a good reminder. Oh and a broken hip! That is my own worse nightmare ... trying to work on my strength and balance for later in life. ((HUGS)). I pray that he is back on his feet soon.

I'm hoping that I'm being a good example for my own adult kids for when they have to handle us as aging parents. I have the opposite issue regarding driving with my mom. She wants to drive and drive and drive. In fact one of the issues we have been dealing with this week is she wants to go on a road trip after Christmas on her own to visit friends ... stopping along the way. Total mileage is 1975 miles per google maps. My sister & I are trying to talk her out of it. But then when I'm 85 ... will I want to do a roadtrip and have my kids not wanting me to go? Torn if I'm doing the right thing.

a69x3lny3erp.jpg

@lilylady3k Thank you for sharing that guideline, and yes, I think I have been failing in that regard. Today was a good day though. When I arrived, my mother asked me if I would work with her to finish her bathroom (I had spent 5 hours just scrubbing tub, toilet, and floor, two days ago). We went through stuff. We had things expired in 1996 in there. Trying to attach a picture of what I took out under her sink, off the counter and medicine cabinets, but can't figure it out. It was a huge amount of stuff. My father is our driving problem. Before breaking his hip (i broke just while he was walking, he could not feel his feet and could not lift his right leg, but was still driving. Now he has added broken hip, and he is already asking when he can have access to his car........

@nicoles0305 good luck with sorting out what works for you specifically.
  • UnstoppableSandra
    UnstoppableSandra Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Be Safe @UnstoppableSandra . Feel better!

Thanks @starrjulia8
    Im still so paranoid when going out cycling! And not sleeping very well.
    But I still go out and cycle. I don’t want that event to stop me.
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Round 167 (my 4th)
    October 29 - November 7, 2021
    Female, 5’7”
    HW: 181 pounds (Dec 30, 2019)
    RSW: 157.4 pounds (Oct 28, 2021, EO Round 166)
    RGW: 155.4 (-2.0 pounds)

Day/Weight/Comment
    10/29: 157.2 - Did Jazzercise at the in-person location for the first time in 17 months. Sucked wind through my mask the whole time. Will probably go back to virtual class for a while more. Ate a little bit below calories - which I am definitely not trying to do - since we were at a hockey game and didn’t want to eat junk food just to fill calories.
    10/30: 156.5 - Did a 5.46 mile hike. I was a bit hungry yesterday, particularly after dinner, even though my stomach felt full. Powered through with drinking some water and waiting. Will definitely try to up the protein today, but it is a struggle for me.
    10/31: 156.3 - This was our week for sporting events. NHL game on Thursday and college football game last night. Planned the food for the most part and stayed within calories. Worked out in the morning along with a long walk from the car to the stadium.
    11/01: 156.5 - Slept in yesterday until 9am - very unusual for me so ended up not doing my workout until nearly 11am. Planned my eating and included Reese’s Peanut Butter cups as part of the dessert. Wow, after eating dark chocolate almost everyday, the Reese’s really wasn’t worth the calories - way too sweet. I’m glad to know that I won’t tempted by the leftover Halloween candy.
    11/02: 156.5 - Rainy day yesterday, so didn’t go for a walk, but did an hour of Jazzercise in the morning. Ate within calories
    11/03: 155.6 - Jazzercise and a 40 minute walk. Pretty much ate the same thing as yesterday.
    11/04: 155.2 - Did the usual. Had a nice surprise - hubby flew daughter #1 in for my upcoming birthday. The next few days will be a minefield for exercise and eating as he’s surprised me with a weekend in San Francisco. I will enjoy it without guilt though. Second nice surprise is that I now have officially lost the weight I gained since June of 2020. I had lost about 25 pounds between January and June of 2020, only to put 15 of it back on by September 2021. This is the lowest I’ve weighed since 2012. That’s right, the lowest I’ve weighed in almost a decade. Still have another 20 pounds to go to get to pre-kids weight.
    11/05: 155.2 - A little surprised that the scale held steady as I probably ate over calories (hard to account for catered party and cake). Thankfully had done my usual exercise and ate moderately.
    11/06: DNW - Traveling. A little scared for tomorrow’s weigh-in after 3 solid days of birthday celebration.
    11/07: -

Total round weight loss/gain to date from EO last round: -2.2 pounds