How much weight can you gain eating 10k calories 1 time

Options
2»

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Kind of the opposite of my experiment when I got my last colonoscopy. The morning of the procedure, I had lost 7 lb. over the day before. I ate my normal weight loss target calories after getting home and the days following. The next morning I had regained 4 of those pounds and by 3 days after, I regained all but 1 lb.(which was my normal weekly loss goal). Been there, done that but I get to repeat every 5 years.

OP, glad you satisfied your curiosity and sorry it wasn't as fun as you had hoped. Hope you had a good birthday otherwise.
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    That's a crazy yo-yo weight change in such a short time. Amazing that a few K calories change from normal can do that.
  • Reonnn
    Reonnn Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That's a crazy yo-yo weight change in such a short time. Amazing that a few K calories change from normal can do that.

it just shows how much carbs and sodium do to the body in excesss i had like 1000g of carbs and 10k mg of sodium. however what ive learned from this is all thos times i used to worry when i had a binge day when i was overweigh on my journey every time i panicked when i was 1 to 2 pounds just from sodium intake this goes to show how much water can be held from just a high sodium intake and how quick its gone when you go back onto track
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Reonnn wrote: »
    Are you sure you can eat that much? I'd have to tap out at about 4000 calories - but then I'm an older lady.

Good luck! Whatever weight shows up will be gone again in less than a week. Let us know how you do.

Ok the results i managed to get down 8k calories my god it was not as fun as i thought it would be going to gym with 3k calories worth in your stomach wasnt fun iver completely destroyed my friend who only got down 5k now the Weight at start of the day was 187 at the end of the day 205 LMAO! obviously food and water but my god LMAO

Dang!!!! Did you weigh yourself another day or two later? If so, did your weight come right back down again once you went back to your normal eating ?

Edited to add: Whoops ignore my question, I have just seen that the day after that you were down to 191.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    __Di__ wrote: »
    Are you sure you can eat that much? I'd have to tap out at about 4000 calories - but then I'm an older lady.

Good luck! Whatever weight shows up will be gone again in less than a week. Let us know how you do.

Ok the results i managed to get down 8k calories my god it was not as fun as i thought it would be going to gym with 3k calories worth in your stomach wasnt fun iver completely destroyed my friend who only got down 5k now the Weight at start of the day was 187 at the end of the day 205 LMAO! obviously food and water but my god LMAO

Dang!!!! Did you weigh yourself another day or two later? If so, did your weight come right back down again once you went back to your normal eating ?

Edited to add: Whoops ignore my question, I have just seen that the day after that you were down to 191.

yeah im 190 now so there was a bit of a gain but not enough to be scared about. i did find that after that day tho i started having cravings to have thos foods more often tho but that went away after a couple of days

LOL. You are just like my cats. They get kibble as their regular food but once it a while I treat them to some wet food. They beg for more of it for about 3 days afterwards.
  • Reonnn
    Reonnn Posts: 21 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    __Di__ wrote: »

yeah im 190 now so there was a bit of a gain but not enough to be scared about. i did find that after that day tho i started having cravings to have thos foods more often tho but that went away after a couple of days

LOL. You are just like my cats. They get kibble as their regular food but once it a while I treat them to some wet food. They beg for more of it for about 3 days afterwards.

LMAO SO TRUE