Gym Eye Contact

Options

Replies

• internationalplayboy
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Arc2Arc wrote: »
    Tell ya...I'm here to support and be supported. But I'm struggling to feel for someone offended by being looked at or making eye contact who's out in public unless it prolonged or repetitive. Sheesh...

Eye contact isn’t offensive. Taking it as a sign to initiate further contact might be.

You're not allowed to tell people what is and isn't offensive. Only the media can do that.

thems fightin woyds. 😍😍😍
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    Glances and eye contact don’t equal staring and ogling do they? I think eye contact is something that lots of people do throughout their days. Imo, being “stared at” by someone (unless you’re getting ready to get it on or something) is always uncomfortable.

4grfrbzp4vct.gif
    For the record if I’m “catching a glance” in a gym setting I’m gonna 100% think they are thinking “WTF is she doing?!”
  • Sofiapilla
    Sofiapilla Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Tell ya...I'm here to support and be supported. But I'm struggling to feel for someone offended by being looked at or making eye contact who's out in public unless it prolonged or repetitive. Sheesh...

Eye contact isn’t offensive. Taking it as a sign to initiate further contact might be.

You're not allowed to tell people what is and isn't offensive. Only the media can do that.

thems fightin woyds. 😍😍😍

See its dumb things like this that make me love you
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,558 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Glances and eye contact don’t equal staring and ogling do they? I think eye contact is something that lots of people do throughout their days. Imo, being “stared at” by someone (unless you’re getting ready to get it on or something) is always uncomfortable.

4grfrbzp4vct.gif
    For the record if I’m “catching a glance” in a gym setting I’m gonna 100% think they are thinking “WTF is she doing?!”

This is more the point I was getting at, that and excepting a glance as an invitation
  • MelG7777
    Options

thems fightin woyds. 😍😍😍

As a bad speller I’m SLIGHTLY offended. But only slightly.
  • MelG7777
    Options

4grfrbzp4vct.gif

This is more the point I was getting at, that and excepting a glance as an invitation

Omg. Yes.
  • Sofiapilla
    Options

4grfrbzp4vct.gif

The obvious exception here is that when you get a burger and fries and your date orders a pile of weeds, any eye contact at all means an invitation to share the fries
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options

4grfrbzp4vct.gif

The obvious exception here is that when you get a burger and fries and your date orders a pile of weeds, any eye contact at all means an invitation to share the fries

I’m a sharer but I’m never happy about it
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options

4grfrbzp4vct.gif

OMG... "pile of weeds" -- I'm totally stealing that!
  • internationalplayboy
    Options

thems fightin woyds. 😍😍😍

She likes when I talk like bugs bunny
  • Sofiapilla
    Options

thems fightin woyds. 😍😍😍

No you don’t get to be offended because i mean it as a compliment 😌
  • Sophisticatted_Gentlemanz
    Options

4grfrbzp4vct.gif

100% this
  • MelG7777
    Options

thems fightin woyds. 😍😍😍

Well I prefer Elmer Fudd.😡
  • Sofiapilla
    Options

4grfrbzp4vct.gif

4grfrbzp4vct.gif

100% this

Oh how the turnips have tabled
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options

thems fightin woyds. 😍😍😍

7bsov7akn8u3.jpeg
    (I’m just saying)
    Veeeeeewy kwiet
  • Sofiapilla
    Options

4grfrbzp4vct.gif

OMG... "pile of weeds" -- I'm totally stealing that!

Oh it’s not mine. My friend’s husband goes through fast food drive-thrus and orders his burgers without weeds and it makes me laugh every time
  • bellababy9031
    bellababy9031 Posts: 287 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Here we go again...

I see what you mean now

Blink, Blink, Blink....

Them that don't know me won't like me and them that do
    Sometimes won't know how to take me
    I ain't wrong, I'm just different but my pride won't let me
    Do things to make you think I'm right

I reckon OleTrobadour will get this, but most of you metrosexuals won't have a clue.

It's ok, I love all y'all anyway.
  • MelG7777
    Options

thems fightin woyds. 😍😍😍

No you don’t get to be offended because i mean it as a compliment 😌

Ok. I won’t be 😁I actually prefer being told what to do. (It’s why I go to a gym that orders me around and everyone is dying and not even able to look anyone else in the eye.)
  • internationalplayboy
    Options

thems fightin woyds. 😍😍😍

I own a mansion and a yacht. Wanna come over?
  • internationalplayboy
    Options
    Here we go again...

I see what you mean now

Blink, Blink, Blink....

Them that don't know me won't like me and them that do
    Sometimes won't know how to take me
    I ain't wrong, I'm just different but my pride won't let me
    Do things to make you think I'm right

I reckon OleTrobadour will get this, but most of you metrosexuals won't have a clue.

It's ok, I love all y'all anyway.

aww shucks. Thank you