West Coast vs. East Coast

Options

Replies

• TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Why make it a contest? I think both coasts, as well as the other regions of America, have their wonderful regional cuisines that can't be found elsewhere. That is part of what makes America unique and special. :drinker:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Oregon.
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    West Coast. Diversity. Something for everyone and more.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    how awesome your food is in the US is indirectly proportional to how far away from New Orleans you are.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    West Coast. Hands down.

And why? Real Mexican food for starters.

lol @ mexican food and west coast. Maybe in deep southern cali close to Mexico. But come here, let's show you what tex mex is all about.

And that's where I live, so? Besides, Texas wasn't one of the options.

The southern states should be in contention for best food. Seriously, BBQ in a lot of the southern states, tex mex, and then cajun/creole in NOLA.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Why make it a contest? I think both coasts, as well as the other regions of America, have their wonderful regional cuisines that can't be found elsewhere. That is part of what makes America unique and special. :drinker:

Lol because I'm trying to win an argument, of course! :tongue:
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    The West Coast....of Lake Michigan. Chicago baby!!! Stuffed pizza, great mexican, Steaks grown right here in the Midwest, and the sausages......
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options

Errr... the coast lines don't stop at the American Border...
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Out of everywhere I have been, I think Portland has had some of the best/most quality places to eat and drink I have found.

YES! We have legit bomb food trucks in Portland! :drinker:
  • pastryari
    Options
    West Coast. Hands down.

lol @ mexican food and west coast. Maybe in deep southern cali close to Mexico. But come here, let's show you what tex mex is all about.

The southern states should be in contention for best food. Seriously, BBQ in a lot of the southern states, tex mex, and then cajun/creole in NOLA.

It was a discussion I was having with someone about the west coast and east coast specifically.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mormqihYaL1rkgtqco1_500.gif
  • pastryari
    Options

Errr... the coast lines don't stop at the American Border...

Sorry, I forgot. Should have clarified, I meant the US.
  • Nathaniel1990
    Options
    West.

tupac.gif
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Out of everywhere I have been, I think Portland has had some of the best/most quality places to eat and drink I have found.

YES! We have legit bomb food trucks in Portland! :drinker:

And lots of great microbreweries with excellent food.

Don't even get me started on wines of the region. :)
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    West Coast. Hands down.

And on top of that, "Tex Mex" is not anywhere NEAR real Mexican food. Flour tortilla enchiladas?? CORN in the salsa? Ppppfffffft! :laugh:

...No.
  • sixout
    Options
    West Coast. Hands down.

And on top of that, "Tex Mex" is not anywhere NEAR real Mexican food. Flour tortilla enchiladas?? CORN in the salsa? Ppppfffffft! :laugh:

...No.

Tex mex is a different style of mexican food. Never tried to be real mexican food, hence the name.

Besides, we have a lot of awesome REAL mexican here too.
  • sixout
    Options
    also, corn in salsa is awesome.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    West Coast. Hands down.

...No.

...there are a LOT of immigrants from Mexico who cook authentic stuff here...just saying.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    The West Coast....of Lake Michigan. Chicago baby!!! Stuffed pizza, great mexican, Steaks grown right here in the Midwest, and the sausages......

Hell yea! Whenever I travel...as much as I love the local foods...it's always great to come home to an amazingly prepared medium rare steak & a baked potato. It seems nobody does rare meat like we do here in Chicago!
  • CantStopWontStop92
    CantStopWontStop92 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    West coast best coast.

It rhymes. We win:) /thread