Replies

• etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    East.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Out of everywhere I have been, I think Portland has had some of the best/most quality places to eat and drink I have found.

YES! We have legit bomb food trucks in Portland! :drinker:

And lots of great microbreweries with excellent food.

Don't even get me started on wines of the region. :)

Yep. We also have an amazing growing season (fresh produce = best produce, suckas) and salmon salmon salmon. We also have a thriving artisan cheese thing going on. Food: we do it right on the West Coast.

I'll give East Coast one thing: crab cakes. That's it. That's all you get.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    West Coast. Duh!
    We have it all. LA is a melting pot. Want Ethiopian, Thai, Cambodian, Somalian, you name it it's all here :drinker:
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    West coast has the best produce. I've been to many places on the east coast and nothing compares. Have to say the same for restaurants. Although admittedly I've never eaten in Ny, and I bet there are some great restaurants.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Boston, NYC [/thread]
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Which coast? That covers quite a bit of territory on both sides.

I'll be the PIA who says it depends.

I'll take Low Country BBQ, New York pizza and steak houses, and San Francisco's Chinese food and creative young chefs.

Yea. I picked and chose.

Deal with it.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    West coast, no contest. SoCal has real Mexican food, seafood, great pizza, awesome burger places, and more.
    Just no. I'm a west coaster, but Chicago for pizza and for burgers, 5 Guys>>In and Out.
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    In an attempt to settle this before everyone gets super crazy over their coast... (which i know will not work but worth a try)

i was born and raised in California. but traveled a bit, and i can say east to west, north to south, US to Japan. every area of the world has extremely good food, and certain areas specialize in different things.
    So-cal, best Mexican outside of Mexico.
    Philly, the cheese stake of course!
    Where i am, is some of the best home made bear and deer jerky.
    Japan, i wouldnt eat sushi anywhere else.
    Texas, loved their stakes.

but in reality everywhere specializes in different things, if your state is known for something its probably going to be better then then 5 states away. but everyone has their opinion and they will probably vote for the coast they are in.

just saying
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    West coast, no contest. SoCal has real Mexican food, seafood, great pizza, awesome burger places, and more.
    Just no. I'm a west coaster, but Chicago for pizza and for burgers, 5 Guys>>In and Out.

lol what are you talking about? they have Five Guys in California and the chain started in Virginia. and what they serve in Chicago isnt even real pizza ..its more of a casserole.

back to the kids table with you! :D
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    True, but 5 Guys started in the East and the West coast coverage isn't great.

And haters gonna hate and you can call it what you want, but Chicago is still the superior pie in my eye.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    The West Coast is better in all things.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    West Coast baby!!

You can't really argue with Dre and Tupac lovin the west coast....they loved Cali so much it was a song soooo.......
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Alaska (maybe west coast)

During the winter all we do is eat and drink

have a a pizza place that has topped Chicago and the east coast (had both). Locals will wait 3 hours in negative temps for it.
    Breweries galore with awesome beer battered anythings just about.
    Hard to top the fish, fresh Salmon and halibut.

The one thing great about Alaska, is that we have so many transplants from around the country we have awesome food all over. 2 Fat Guys serves amazing food (dont trust a skinny chef). A few BBQ transplants from nashville have set up shop here. Several authentic mexican restaurants (not TexMex).

We are weak on the steak department but we all have moose steaks in our freezers.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Depends on the food...when it comes to pizza, the East Coast wins, hands down...no question.

West Coast pizza = sh!te on a shingle
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Genuine Italian is the only legitimate cuisine, so it would have to be East Coast. Everywhere else is an infinitely repeating chain of fast food establishments and crappy restaurants full of people that think they know what good food is.

Or not, Its a silly question anyway.
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    East Coast. Buffalo, NY = Birthplace of the chicken wing. C'mon people!
  • NinjadURbacon
    Options
    Depends on the food...when it comes to pizza, the East Coast wins, hands down...no question.

you should come try a pizza place in Anchorage, Alaska. I prefer it over east coast pizza. And i have had both.
  • NinjadURbacon
    Options

yyyyuuuuummmmmmmm
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

for quantity of great pizza places East Coast wins but there are some great pizza places out west. in fact one of, if not the best, pizza places in the country is in Phoenix...Pizzeria Bianco.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

we are thankful that wings started there but just because its the birthplace doesnt mean they still do it the best. Anchor Bar is ok but nothing special.