Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Page layout all wrong in Chrome browser

Options
frankwbrown
frankwbrown Posts: 12,206 Member

@Betty, @Nova, @durden

I use the Google Chrome browser. In the Google Chrome browser, the sidebar content appears not to the right but at the very bottom of the page.

The first image below is an example of what I see in Microsoft Edge browser. The sidebar to the right contains Welcome!, Quick Links, Categories...

This next image is from Google Chrome, and you can see the Quick Links (and other parts of the side bar) appears below the body of the comment, not to the right, as it does in the Edge browser.

This next image is from Google Chrome, and you can see the Quick Links (and other parts of

This next image is also in Google Chrome, and it is the top of the Meet Our Community Team discussion, where you can see the sidebar is not on the side. (it's way below, as the image above shows)

2 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Please Note: If you are experiencing issues with the layout of the main content you might want to try zooming out or clearing cache/cookies and disabling plugins/extensions. If issues still persist please contact support. Please contact support by clicking on this link: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or send an email to support@myfitnesspal.com with your device information, and exact problem and our support team will investigate.

Replies

• frankwbrown
    edited November 2021
    Options

@Betty @Nova @durden

Nesting of Quotes

Different issue, but I don't see where you've created an official discussion for gathering feedback, so I'll post it here.

Previously, when several members quoted each other to several levels deep, the quote box would show the last one or two and hide the previous ones, but you could expand the box and see the series of quotes.

Now, when you quote someone who has quoted someone else, you only see the text of the person you quoted and you see a link to the prior quote(s).

I found under preferences, Quote settings, the following option:

"How many levels deep should we start folding up quote trees?" This preference allows selecting from 1 to 5 levels. I changed my preference from 1 to 5, but it has had no effect.

• frankwbrown
    Options

Regarding Nesting of Quotes:

If you are not already aware, you can see how nested quotes were handled previously at the bottom of this page:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10175258/can-you-keep-it-going-asking-only-questions/p4603

• Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    Options

I use Chrome and everything is on the right as in your first photo.

• Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,817 MFP Staff
    Options
    @Betty @Nova @durden
    Nesting of Quotes
    Different issue, but I don't see where you've created an official discussion for gathering feedback, so I'll post it here.
    Previously, when several members quoted each other to several levels deep, the quote box would show the last one or two and hide the previous ones, but you could expand the box and see the series of quotes.
    Now, when you quote someone who has quoted someone else, you only see the text of the person you quoted and you see a link to the prior quote(s).
    I found under preferences, Quote settings, the following option:
    "How many levels deep should we start folding up quote trees?" This preference allows selecting from 1 to 5 levels. I changed my preference from 1 to 5, but it has had no effect.

Hello! We have switched back to BBCode as our posting editor which will return the old gusting functionality for any new posts going forward. While BBCode will not be supported for forever we made the decision to switch back while our forum provider works to make improvements to their newer posting editor. Hopefully that helps.
  • Betty
    Options
    @frankwbrown as for the Google Chrome issue, would you mind trying to zoom out on that page. Since the new theme works for both web and mobile, if your browser window is too narrow or zoomed in, it will move the sidebar to the bottom of the page.
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    @Betty, zooming out worked. Thanks.
  • Betty
    Options
    @Betty, zooming out worked. Thanks.

Fantastic!
This discussion has been closed.