From 300lbs to 220lbs in 7 months!

Options
Branc93
Branc93 Posts: 14 Member
28/Male/5"8

20th April 2021 I starting cutting on calories and walking here and there (2-3 times a week) and I went down from 300lbs to 220lbs today, after exactly 7 months! I even managed to finally find a girlfriend after 4 years single, and in 3 days it'll be a month together already.

I feel like a changed man... seriously. It's like I removed a big burden in my life, showering is finally normal again, I can shower without getting out of breath, I can go up 16 stairs without going out of breath, I bike 19km without going out of breath (still sweat a lot though, lol). The difference, not only how I look, but also how I feel, is incredible!

Personal goal is to be 170lbs by next summer, fingers crossed!

But I think I can do it... if I lost 80lbs I can lose another 50lbs.

To anyone out there, still struggling : Do not ever give up, do it not just for you, but the people who love you, your close family! No one wants to see their loved ones die young of obesity!

My mother used to look at me and cry at 300lbs, when she'd seen how I struggled to even walk 1km from her house to my grandparents`. I think that was what ultimately changed me and made me decide to change my life around. I can still see her look at me with those watery eyes...

But I intend to make her proud of me, I intend to make my family proud of me and my cousins to see a different man when we meet at the family gathering June 2022.

Thank you for taking the time to read, steadfast!

Replies

• JustRamona
    JustRamona Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    WTG! You will certainly reach your goal with that positive attitude. Thanks for sharing your story with us.
  • bekim123
    bekim123 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Nice job! Keep it up.
  • cymande1961
    cymande1961 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring journey! Congratulations - I just know you will meet your goal.
  • mirianyusm
    mirianyusm Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Thank you for sharing.
  • katheebowen
    katheebowen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I'm proud of losing 25 pounds in 6 months....you are the champ. I wish you continued success.
  • TrueKindaBlue
    TrueKindaBlue Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! This is amazing and such a great inspiration and motivation for me. I just began my journey last week! A word of advice to you from someone who knows. Be careful now that you have a girlfriend! Things get snuggly and cuddly and can lead to making "group" decisions on activities and snacks. You still have to stay focused on your own goals especially now that winter is coming. I'm only saying this because I always gain weight when I'm in a relationship and those are the main reasons why! I'm single right now though so doesn't it figure I can focus on myself more now and am making changes for a better way forward too. Thank you for the inspiration. You got this!
  • oakster69
    oakster69 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Great success... keep it up. That is a lot of weight loss over that time. You are 100% correct in that you can get another 50, just keep doing what your doing.
  • urban287
    urban287 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • robynkyles
    robynkyles Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing - you are keeping me on the path to losing by reading your journey. Thanks again and yes you will succeed just like I will I hope.
  • Red_Trail
    Red_Trail Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nice job !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!