Women 200lb+, Let's Be Dynamic This December!!!

Replies

• RobynS2814
    RobynS2814 Posts: 6 Member
    Height: 5'8"
    SW: 244.9 (11/2/2021)
    11/30: 232.1
    12/7: 232.1 (+/- 0.0)
    12/14:
    12/21:
    12/28:
    GW for December 2021: 226
    UGW: 175-ish

Kind of a wacky week on the scale for me with lots of fluctuations just to end up exactly where I started. I joined a gym this past week and went 3 times so I'm feeling good despite the scale not co-operating.

Refocusing on drinking lots of water this week as I definitely let that slide recently. Hope everyone has a great week.
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 516 Member
    Height: 5'4"
    SW: 245
    CW: 188 (11/30/2021)
    12/7: 187.4
    12/14:
    12/21:
    12/28:
    GW for December 2021: 180
    UGW: 145 by end of July 2022

Goals:
    - Finish putting up our Christmas tree. ✔
    - Keeping working on decluttering the house
    - Earn extra calories everyday but don't eat them back per my Fitbit Versa 2 ✔
    - Don't over-do on my good day's
    - Stay on track and under calorie budget every day! ✔
    - Post every day in my weight loss challenge group. ✔
    - Enjoy my NS victories. ✔
    - I really need to clean out my closet. I'm no longer an XXL and I'm never going to be again.
    - Eat at least 1000 calories a day.

I've been walking more steps every day, but 4000 is just too much for me. I have the stamina to walk more steps, but my RA does not like it and now I'm in terrible pain and I don't know how long that will last. I did ok at 3000 and did not suffer any consequences. I'm going back to that.

I did have some self-insight, I figured out how I gained a lot of weight, and it was eye opening for me. Whenever I start a new medication, I gain 10 pounds. I always thought it was the medication's fault but now I realize it was all me. I get really scared and worried and I eat more. So, this last time when I got hungry, I drank iced tea, enough to float me down a river. After a week the hunger subsided, and I went back to my routine. Now that I am aware that won't happen anymore. I even told my shrink about it at our monthly talks. I was convinced it was the medication's fault, but now I will have to tell him it was all me. The medications I take can cause cancers and all sorts of nasty things. It's a dammed if you do, dammed if you don't type of situation.

"She believed she could, so she did!" This will be my mantra from now on. I believe I can.
  • danikat15
    danikat15 Posts: 98 Member

I am also proud of you for sticking to it!

Seven days isn't a plateau, though - that's just bodies being how they do. Especially bodies with hormone cycles be how they do sometimes, and especially if you're weighing *daily,* you're absolutely losing and finding a half-pound of water, not fat. (One stupid measly little pint of water weighs a whole pound. Just two little cups! Weigh a pound!) It's frustrating for sure, but you haven't plateaued so much as you're just standing on a big rock on your way down the weight-loss mountain.

Also, if it's been a while (~15lb or so) since you recalculated your calorie budget, maybe it's time to revisit that? Your calorie needs go down about 5 cal/day for every pound you lose, so if you lose 20lb, whatever your maintenance calories was when you started is now reduced by ~100 cal/day - that's ~20% of your deficit, if you're aiming for 1lb per week loss, and nearly half your deficit if you're aiming for half a pound a week.

Lemme rephrase it- I'm hoping it's not the start of one. I was losing 2-3+ lbs consistently and then this is the first week where it's 0. Kind of a bummer, that's all. I feel better after venting LOL

And yes, I've been on top of updating the calorie calculator. Kids' activities (lots of sitting for basketball, in the car, etc) have seriously cramped my ability to be as physically active recently so I'm seeing a further decline in available calories. Boo.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited December 2021
    @tahitig
    Part of my success is the routine meals, being bullheaded (or determined, I am a Taurus!) and I'm tired and ashamed that I gained all the weight I lost years ago back! I want it off and go clothes shopping in my closet! I do get nice comments from co-workers and Nephrologists, that work with us and MFP members which boosts the ego too. I have much more energy too! Other than 15 lbs I lost between 9/14/20-5/3/21, Ive lost the other 68.8 lbs since 5/3, so 6 months. I'm thrilled. Seeing the scale numbers going down is a great motivator for me to stay on track!

I'm sure there is many who disagree with my WOE and exercising but it's working for me and I'm praying I've learned more this time and can maintain it better than the last time! And lab work is all good except the one, which is more genetic heredity.
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 210 Member
    December Challenge Weigh In Day

Age 44
    Height 5'4"
    SW 249 3/2020
    CW 218.8
    GW for December 213
    UGW 145

12/1: 218.8
    12/8: 218.8
    12/15: NA - No Scale week
    12/22:
    12/31:
    Total month loss:

Monthly goals:
    Hitting water goal -8 cups a day
    Gym 3x during the week

Weight has magically stayed the same in the week. Teriyaki sauce last night so it helped to bounce up a bit. I like that my highs aren't has high; mostly seeing 222 as a high instead of 224. My lows right now are getting into 216s. I'm just happy with that.

Happy Scale doesn't like me as I'm right at the milestone for the next so it keeps having to toggle back to the first one. When it gives the new one the prediction dates can be a bit funny; it's given up hope on me a bit. If I'm just losing the 10lbs a year instead of the statically gaining I'm fine with that. I'm not doing this for a goal or anything. At first I was doing so in case DH and I tried for a child but with my cycles just not working well I don't think that's a concern anymore so just enjoying the new lows as they come anyway.

With not getting back to the gym for much strength training I might have to pull out mom's Body Gym I got her to do at home.
    Along with more water. I'm always slacking on my water right now. I'll have to start the other tricks I've been telling my friend as well - before meals, wake up, bed, etc. Already got a fancy bottle that tells me and just got new batteries so it'll keep doing so.

Leaving for Disney Saturday. Should be good. Most days are low key with 2 park days. Not limiting myself to anything so will expect the sodium gain. Last year's wasn't bad so expecting the same now. Enjoying all the food and will deal with the consequences when I get back.
  • kenziestabes
    kenziestabes Posts: 338 Member
    Height: 5'10"
    SW: 246.9 (07/13/2021)
    CW: 212.4 (12/01/2021)
    12/1: 212.4
    12/8: 212.5 (+0.1)
    12/15:
    12/22:
    12/29:
    GW for December/2021: 205-208.5
    UGW: 172 by 06/01/2022 OR 160 by 10/01/2021 (The first gets me into the healthy BMI range but depending on how that goes, I may aim for 160).

Non-scale goals:
    1. Consistently cook on Thursdays and Sundays so I can bring leftovers to work.
    2. Walk the pup 30 minutes every day, weather permitting.
    3. Transition to the next step down for inclined pushups
    4. Get to 40 sit ups in a row
    5. While visiting parents, walk with Dad every morning.

TOTM shot my weight up by 2 pounds, and I'm back to where I was before. Although I'm going to keep the programmed calorie counter set at 2000, I'm going to aim for around 1800 until I get to the parents' house for Christmas and can no longer track as well.

Also not doing great on the "walking 30 minutes a day" thing. Pup has a scratch on her eye, so no trekking through the woods until that's better. Did go on a 20 minute walk today, so I'd say that's close enough.
  • sargemarcori
    sargemarcori Posts: 301 Member
    I'm here!

Height: 5'
    SW: 266.6 (1/4/21)
    SW November: 233.5
    SW for December: 234.7
    GW for December: 229
    GW for October 2022 because that's my focus: 165

12/3: 233.5
    12/10
    12/17
    12/24
    12/31

@justanotherloser007 thank you. you're right. The rails are there, and I know where they are. Been having a really hard time with anything at all lately, but I already have healthy food on hand, and I love soup, so I can fill an 8-quart crockpot with good things and not have to worry about cooking while all else goes to...wherever the bleep it's going.

@Ladybug8882021 thank you too. :)

i've barely been logging, not making it to the gym or my step goal, haven't been around here at all--but all the food in the house is fairly healthy, so all I can do is eat too much of it. Fighting that by eating entire packages of frozen vegetables along with whatever else I'm eating.

I'm hanging in, till I can stumble my way back to the rails.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Venting here because y'all Get It: I love my in-laws, I really do, but I cannot with the multiple-times-per-week dinner invitations. I'm probably reading too much into it (I hope I am and wish I could not), but after a year plus of Pointedly Not Talking About weight loss in general/my body in particular, I've started bringing it up obliquely in conversation (e.g., MIL asks what I want for Christmas, I tell her gift cards because I need new clothes but idk what sizes), and suddenly this week there's 3 separate invitations to dinner out with them, at restaurants that pretty much exclusively serve butter and some food to go with it. I accepted the first time because truth be told I didn't really want to cook and that was the plan that night (and I still think the scallops I got had more to do with my food poisoning than the cabbage rolls, but I concede the cabbage rolls are more likely just based on timing - I'm doing much better now, thank you @justanotherloser007). Last night they offer to take Hubs and I out to the same restaurant we ended up at for dinner on Wednesday because reasons, I turned that down gracefully. Tonight SIL is in town to come with me to a show and they're working on dinner plans for that as well. Again, probably it has nothing to do with me ("invite out to dinner" is like their default move upon being confronted with any of their children, it has been the entire time I've known this family) and they aren't trying to ~sabotage~ me or anything so dramatic, but this whole week has basically gone off the rails dietwise* and my brain is an a-hole and sometimes tells me crap like that and I wish it wouldn't.

(*To my credit, I've stayed more or less on-budget - having an iffy stomach for a couple of days will do that I suppose - but it's absolutely not the plan I pre-logged on Sunday night, and my activity has been lower than typical this week as well. One downside of using a TDEE method and not logging exercise separately, I suppose. I did come in about 500 under on Wednesday, and I definitely did not glean all available energy from Tuesday night's dinner. I haven't done anything wrong and I'm still on track, but I'm Very Bad at handling sudden changes of plan and that is what's mostly causing all these bad brain feelings. Especially sudden changes that aren't my choice to plans that were my choice. Even really minor stuff like going into the kitchen to cook something and being derailed by a sink full of dishes gives me a negative moodlet, in The Sims terms, for a disproportionately long time in comparison to the magnitude of the actual problem.)
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited December 2021
    Age 61 / height 5' 4.5"

Aug 13/2021 - 298.8 (SW & ATH)
    November  - 272.2 (Down 26.6)

Dec 1 - 271 4
    Dec 3 - 270.4
    Dec 10 - 269.8 (Down 29)
    Dec 17
    Dec 24
    Dec 31

Weight goal for December - 30 lbs down and keep that loss into the New Year!

I usually weigh in daily when at home, but will record weekly, trying for Fridays (if I slept at home Thursday night to weigh in next morning - been staying over at my daughter's a lot lately and she has no scale - Santa might bring her one 😁)

*I ordered a WW portable bathroom scale to bring to her house, and possibly for vacations too!

Other goals:
    [  ] Go for minimum 15 minute walk each day, indoors or out - 7 of 9 - plan to do today!
    [  ] Get my water in, minimum 6 cups - ✔
    [  ] Focus on adequate protein in my diet, especially seafood - added keeping carbs below 150 grams
    [  ] Get Christmas stuff done!!! (finish my Spotify playlist ✔, decorating outside ✔, decorating inside, cleaning, shopping,  planning outings - I love Christmas but it's a lot) Xmas pantomime booked for grandkids!

Sounds like many of us have our struggles at this time, ((HUGS)) to all! Hang in there, don't get in your own heads too much - do your best in that moment or circumstance and move on, this too shall pass and we want to get maximum enjoyment from the season 😉 🎄 ❤

@justanotherloser007 - will pray for Sondra and your family, and your increased duties. That's a lot. Glad to hear of your walking success!

@sarah12277 - are you going to Disneyworld? I was there in 2016, lucky you to be able to go frequently! I am hoping to go the Disneyland in Spring with son & family, Walking the parks will certainly give you a great calorie burn - have a wonderful time - pretty much guaranteed at the happiest place on earth! 😍
  • danikat15
    danikat15 Posts: 98 Member
    Even really minor stuff like going into the kitchen to cook something and being derailed by a sink full of dishes gives me a negative moodlet, in The Sims terms, for a disproportionately long time in comparison to the magnitude of the actual problem.)

Um, fellow Sims player here and that was an awesome analogy. And I totally get like that too!
  • lmgoff232
    lmgoff232 Posts: 277 Member
    Height: 5'10"
    HW: 290.6 (4/19/2021)
    SW: 287.4 (7/16/2021)
    CW: 237.6 (12/1/2021)

12/4: 238.6
    12/11: 235.0
    12/18:
    12/26:

GW for December: 232
    GW for 2021: 232 *revised
    UGW: 180

Not feeling particularly great today. Got my booster yesterday so my arm is pretty sore. Plus my cycle started a few days early (which explains the drop because I seem to usually have a bigger drop right at the start). I am glad it should be done and dusted before I travel now, but man, my cycles are getting more and more irregular.

Happily I was able to find some boots & raincoat that fit well last weekend (hooray!). Unfortunately I have no idea how well they will hold up to the PNW rain, haha. We have have been dry with mild temps so no way to test drive before next weekend. I am so excited 😊

Goals for December:
    - Min 15 min cardio 5x per week: ❌ 4 out if 5
    - At least 8 glasses water daily: ✔
    - Meet my Fiber goals at least 3x per week: ✔
    - Meet my Protein goals at least 3x per week: ❌ 2 out of 3
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    Hi I’m 53 and 5’6”.
    Starting Weight: 257.8 (1/14/21)

Dec Start Weight: 216.6 (12/1/21)
    Dec Goal Weight: 216.6
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 170

Dec 4: 214.6 (-2.0)
    Dec 11: 215.0 (+0.4)
    Dec 18:
    Dec 25:
    Dec 31:

I’m not too upset with this gain as my goal for the month is to maintain.