Glad to Be Here!

Options
Hi everyone! After my annual physical on Monday, I received a bad lab report for the first time in my life (202 cholesterol, 124 LDL, 129/88 bp). I'm 40, 5'7 and weigh 185 pounds. My goal is to lose 20 pounds (my fighting weight is 165!) and to get back to perfect lab work. Any Peloton users in here?! B)

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,293 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome!

Bad labs were part of what brought me here in 2015. Losing back to a healthy weight brought all my numbers back solidly into the normal range: I hope the same will be true for you! I started out at about the same weight you are now (183) but shorter (5'5"), so my healthy weight was a little lower than your goal.

There have been a bunch of Peloton posts in the Fitness and Exercise part of the MFP Community, and there are some things in Challenges for cyclists of all sorts. You can probably find some Peloton enthusiasts in one of those areas. (Me, I'm a rower, not a cyclist (on water when I can, machine when I must). I do cycle outdoors in better weather (I live in the North), and have both a Concept 2 rower and cycle at home for off-season conditioning.)

Wishing you much success with your weight loss/lab results goals!