Hi!

Options
Hi. I’m Wendy and I will be 60 on Christmas Eve. I will be retiring in the next few months and am expecting my first grandchild in April! I am ready for the next adventure in my life but my body is not. I am realizing that an active lifestyle is extremely important to me as I age. My husband is an avid exerciser and loves to travel and be active. I have lost weight before so I know I can do it. I just have developed bad habits during Covid as many ppl have. I am looking forward to getting healthier. Have a wonderful holiday everyone!

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,703 Member
    Options
    Hi, Jamie. Welcome to MFP!

We are similar ages, and our first is duque I. Mid January!

The lovely thing about retirement for me was, “Me” became my job. I’ve had the time to sit down and really learn about food and calorie counting, but also to exercise.

I’m doing things I would have laughed my *kitten* off if you’d suggested I do them three or four years ago: weightlifting, running, and more.

Btw, MFP converts cuss words into kittens. That’s how darn friendly they are here.

Welcome and holler if you need help. People on the forums here will respond pretty quickly.

Much success to you!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,558 Member
    Options
    Hi, Wendy, and welcome to MFP!

It's great that you have an active husband: That may be a good way to get fitness tips, though I know from past experience that sometimes we're on a little different fitness wavelength than our spouse, and that can be fine, too.

I'm 66 now, have been retired for . . . whew, quite a while! I'm loving retirement, but I have to admit there was a bit of an adjustment period at first - in my case, several months, at least. (I'm maybe a slow learner.😆)

IME, it's fine to let yourself explore (even flounder a bit?) at first: It's so different from a working routine. But if you're patient with yourself, and try different things, I'm placing a strong bet that you'll settle into a healthy, rewarding new routine, over time.

Wishing you much success here on MFP!