Cos Play

Options
Maidofmer
Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
How many have done it and how many want to do it? I've always wanted to go to comic con and dress up. my husband went when he was my age, and now, after watching heroes of cos play, I am amped up! I want to go so bad, to be able to walk around in a hot or skimpy costume, but these thunder thighs and wanna be baby belly aren't upping my chances. back to the gym!

oh, and those that have, post pics please :)

Replies

• vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Long time ago me and some friends did this.

74557179510_401636249883571_572784222_n.jpg
  • Maidofmer
    Options
    awesome. did you just march around or compete? seriously, that's frickin cool
  • pluckylass
    Options
    I don't cosplay but I larp, which is also running around dressed in costume. I find it a lot of fun.
  • LeakieChan
    LeakieChan Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Once I lose enough weight, I want to Cosplay as Poison Ivy, Rogue, Star Fire, maybe Sailor Jupiter or maybe as Jean gray too... I think it looks super fun!
  • Maidofmer
    Options
    Once I lose enough weight, I want to Cosplay as Poison Ivy, Rogue, Star Fire, maybe Sailor Jupiter or maybe as Jean gray too... I think it looks super fun!

oooohhhh I thought about ivy and mars! also, because some of my tats are hard to cover, unless there's a make up for it, commander shepard.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I do it - it's one of my motivations for losing weight actually and it's a lot better than not having a goal. I am part of the Resident Evil UK (RE:UK on facebook) group and we have a few events each year where we all get together at cons and have a photoshoot in costume. It's awesome, since then I have branched out a bit into making other franchise costumes so working on a Space Marine Scout from the Warhammer 40k games and a Resident Evil Chris Redfield costume for the convention coming up here in the UK in October and November.

What are you thinking of cosplaying? I'll throw some pictures up later if you're interested in seeing my stuff?
  • Maidofmer
    Options
    that's so cool! So many things I want to dress up as. Poison Ivy, the great fairy, sailor mars, commander shepard, a nurse from silent hill, a mermaid. So many possibilities. and, yes, of course I want to see pics. :D
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I enjoy laughing at the Cos Play fails on Google images... :smile:
  • TheRealOrson
    TheRealOrson Posts: 1,415 Member
    Options
    Clicked on this thread because I saw Lexivegan posted.....and I'm not ashamed to admit it ;)

/creeper-spec
  • VeganLexi
    Options
    Clicked on this thread because I saw Lexivegan posted.....and I'm not ashamed to admit it ;)

/creeper-spec

0_O :laugh:
  • TheRealOrson
    Options
    LOL couldn't even get your username right........
  • Maidofmer
    Options

/creeper-spec
    awe cute
  • VeganLexi
    Options
    LOL couldn't even get your username right........

LexiVegan works :tongue:
  • TheRealOrson
    Options
    Cool....I'll be sure to delibeately get it wrong all the time now.

It can be "our little joke" ;)
  • Mythril
    Mythril Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted to cosplay Tifa Lockhart. Boy was I relieved when they redid her look for the movie. I will be cosplaying as her as soon as I'm fit, and it will be glorious. And then if I keep going I'll cosplay her from the game. That will be a weird and cool day for me.

Sailor Jupiter is another I'd cosplay. I've always looked up to her and tried to be like her.

Terra from final fantasy 6 (which is 3 in my heart because I played it on SNES when I was a kid.) Marle from Chrono Trigger.

Then if I can get my sister to join me Garnet and Eiko.

SO, yeah.
  • Hollabauler
    Hollabauler Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Haha, this is awesome. Of course, I would want to be Princess Lei, in her slave outfit. Might have to wait a while for that one.

I love that you'd be Sailor Moon. That's frickin awesome.

Also, men that dress up as their favorite comic heroes are super hot.
  • Hollabauler
    Options
    I do it - it's one of my motivations for losing weight actually and it's a lot better than not having a goal. I am part of the Resident Evil UK (RE:UK on facebook) group and we have a few events each year where we all get together at cons and have a photoshoot in costume. It's awesome, since then I have branched out a bit into making other franchise costumes so working on a Space Marine Scout from the Warhammer 40k games and a Resident Evil Chris Redfield costume for the convention coming up here in the UK in October and November.

What are you thinking of cosplaying? I'll throw some pictures up later if you're interested in seeing my stuff?

God, that's sexy. I want to see pics!
  • TheRealOrson
    Options
    Haha, this is awesome. Of course, I would want to be Princess Lei, in her slave outfit. Might have to wait a while for that one.

I love that you'd be Sailor Moon. That's frickin awesome.

Also, men that dress up as their favorite comic heroes are super hot.

Brb getting Bane costume.....
  • Hollabauler
    Options

You would make a terrific Rogue!
  • VeganLexi
    Options
    Cool....I'll be sure to delibeately get it wrong all the time now.

It can be "our little joke" ;)

Ok :tongue: