Cos Play

Options

Replies

• TheRealOrson
    TheRealOrson Posts: 1,415 Member
    Options
    Neat.......then what I'll do is progressively morph it into something entirely different.

Question....I have an early Halloween party coming up. Bane or Thor?

Go.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    CosPlay is what motivated me to get back in the gym...My brother and his friends were going to a con in NY in October as the Avengers, but the girl going as Black Widow had to drop out. So they invited me! I'm excited, but that costume is so body conscious that I have had to really work hard to get into it and feel confident/comfortable in it. I have to give the seamstress my measurements by Sept 20, so I have less than a month to get where I need to be. #fingerscrossed
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    that's so cool! So many things I want to dress up as. Poison Ivy, the great fairy, sailor mars, commander shepard, a nurse from silent hill, a mermaid. So many possibilities. and, yes, of course I want to see pics. :D

Awesome, I will upload them when I get home then i'll try not to spam the thread with pictures :D
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    God, that's sexy. I want to see pics!

Haha dare I ask which part?
  • Power_Man77
    Options
    Dragoncon is this weekend in the Atlanta, wanted to go and see Yaya. I was going to go as a Green Lantern.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    Long time ago me and some friends did this.

74557179510_401636249883571_572784222_n.jpg

that's super awesome. i definitely want to get my feet wet in cosplay. superhero stuff. we'll see.
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I have! I went as Death from the Sandman comics to PAX last year just for fun-- not strictly relevant to the con, but then again, neither were all the awesome Doctor Who cosplayers there.

Husband and I have been considering League of Legends characters or Infinite Crisis characters for next spring.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I made cosplay costumes for my kids last Halloween.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/785160-our-bleach-cosplay-hollow-ween-pic-heavy?hl=bleach+cosplay&page=3#posts-11702317

They want to do Dr Who cosplay this year, but I haven't really strategized it yet.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Double post.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Here's my Princess Celestia from last year.
    cosplay__princess_celestia_by_sailorknightwing-d5i0x0k.jpg
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I would love to cosplay eventually. I dressed up as Fionna from Adventure Time for Halloween last year, but I would love to actually craft my own costume for a convention. Especially Ultimate Madoka from Madoka Magica or Saha Braus from SnK (already overdone, though).

Belle Chere is my favorite cosplayer as I'm so envious of her curves... gawd.
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Neat.......then what I'll do is progressively morph it into something entirely different.

Question....I have an early Halloween party coming up. Bane or Thor?

Go.

Bane. I think that's hotter
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I never heard of "cos play" before MFP.

I was kinda disappointed to learn what it was, it sounded a lot dirtier at first.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    I never heard of "cos play" before MFP.

I was kinda disappointed to learn what it was, it sounded a lot dirtier at first.

Well... we could make it dirty... if you wanted to. :bigsmile:
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    shirtswiththumbholes Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I haven't technically cosplayed, but I've dressed up multiple times. I usually go to Harry Potter conventions every year.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Question, is CosPlay just about wearing a cool costume? Or do you actually "play," as in use a script or ad lib the role of whatever character's costume you are wearing?
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    BUMP! THis was my first year at ComicCon and I'm definitely dressing up next year!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Question, is CosPlay just about wearing a cool costume? Or do you actually "play," as in use a script or ad lib the role of whatever character's costume you are wearing?

I always assumed it was both, but based on some responses here, I'm beginning to wonder.
  • ThorneDust
    ThorneDust Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    It's my goal to feel un-self conscious enough to cosplay. I'm getting there. :D
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    awesome. did you just march around or compete? seriously, that's frickin cool

We did both, got second place for group. The best part though was we would find a spot and stand still next to other convention props and when people would get close to take pictures, we would scare the hell out of them.