Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC)

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND an emphasis on life-changing basic healthy habits.

This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.

We enthusiastically welcome our returning veterans and newcomers too!

The accountability part is a daily report of:
1) 20 minutes (minimum) of daily exercise;
2) Tracking everything that you eat and drink;
3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories
4) Reporting of your fulfillment of the above in the group daily..... or at a minimum every couple of days.

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month. It seems simple enough - but it is not easy! :)

Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification!! And those who stick with it even after they've used up their Pass Days - are celebrated as Champions!!

Please join us for January:
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/142048-ultimate-accountability-challenge-january-2022

Replies

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    totally a GREAT challenge. Maybe one of the best on MFP. Give it a try!
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,559 Member
    Options
    This challenge has helped over many months to stay accountable to myself and others give the challenge a try you may surprise yourself
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    This challenge has helped me to remain accountable this last year and to lose 50 lbs. We have such a wide variety of people in this group who are in all stages of their weight loss / healthy living journey, that there's always someone with wisdom and insight about any issues and/or problems that I've encountered. I do hope that you'll give us a try as you work on your goals for 2022!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    Options
    I've been with UAC for almost 3 years. This is such a great motivational space, where you get valuable support from the kind, caring members. It has helped me finally reach my UGW (just before Covid hit the world for six) and stay there for the duration. Posting everyday helps build solid habits which will help you on your quest for better Health and Fitness.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,378 Member
    Options
    The rules of this challenge are set in a way that allow for maximum "find what makes a sustainable eating / activity pattern for YOU / YOUR style - situation - preferences" flexibility.

All we ask is that you show up, and report in. Just doing that much makes you a CHAMPION. It also supports the creation of self-awareness and truly sustainable for YOU habits.

You will always be encouraged. You will never be "eliminated".

Choose your own preferred / required eating plan (be it lifestyle choice, health condition-mandated, or household work-arounds influenced) and your own exercise type & routine.

Hope to see you soon!
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,292 Member
    Options
    Are you thinking of some form or accountability?
    Then this challenge will definitely benefit you.
    Join us, you will surprise yourself. At least I did! :)
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,141 Member
    Options
    Great group of people, welcoming environment, wonderful things to focus on to help you meet your goals.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,068 Member
    Options
    It is really amazing how such a simple accountability model can cause me (and others, and you?) to check in daily, track everything that passes your lips, keep to your calorie goal, and move intentionally for 20+ minutes. Doing these three things every day has helped me lose 40 pounds since August. Join us?
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,559 Member
    Options
    I read through all these wonderful posts I am at a loss for words to describe this group of nonjudgmental awesome folks, give yourself a chance and try us out you won’t be disappointed start 2022 on a new and exciting path we all walk it together here. No one walks alone.
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    I joined UAC in September and it has become one of the pillars of my life. Or rather, it has helped me to organize my life around healthy habits, and the accountability to the group and seeing this group of inspiring people all prioritize their health as well is what has kept me on that path. It's a great group.
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Looking for a supportive and caring community? You've found it here. Try it for a month and see how you like it. After all, what have you got to lose? ;)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND an emphasis on life-changing basic healthy habits.

This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.

We enthusiastically welcome our returning veterans and newcomers too!

The accountability part is a daily report of:
    1) 20 minutes (minimum) of daily exercise;
    2) Tracking everything that you eat and drink;
    3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories
    4) Reporting of your fulfillment of the above in the group daily..... or at a minimum every couple of days.

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month. It seems simple enough - but it is not easy! :)

Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification!! And those who stick with it even after they've used up their Pass Days - are celebrated as Champions!!

It's not too late to join us for January:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/142048-ultimate-accountability-challenge-january-2022
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,729 Member
    Options
    This is not a “New Year quick fix” challenge or a “lose 5kg in 8 weeks” challenge. In fact, it is not a weight loss challenge at all. It is all about your overall health and fitness. It promotes good habits, is encouraging and supportive.

I joined my first UAC in January 2020 after losing 22kg and successfully maintaining for some months. But, as many of us know, losing weight is only the first step – it can be more difficult to keep it off once the motivation of seeing the scales move down is no longer there. So many of us lose weight only to see it creep back again. This is where continuing to log and watching your other nutritional and fitness goals can make a big difference.

Join us wherever you are on your health and fitness journey and see for yourself!