Healthy snacks for the movies

Options
13»

Replies

• HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Why is eating at the movies such a big deal for some people? Even at home I like to eat something when I watch a movie.
    and we wonder why there is an obesity problem out there..
    Yeah... I'm sure it's from snacking at the movies a few times a year. Give me a break. It's a treat.

OP I like Blue Diamond Wasabi Soy Sauce Almonds while I watch movies.

its the attitude that says its a movie I am going to have a "treat" because its "movie time" ..a treat for the average person is going to be a bucket of buttered up popcorn, super sized drink, and a box of candy ...so movie time just turned into calorie blow out time...

Even so, calorie blow out time as a part of an overall calorie conscious diet isn't a problem. Plus, OP and others in here are looking for more nutrition conscious options. What's wrong with happening to have a snack during a movie?

my obesity comment was directed at the prevalent attitude that BC it is movie time it is ok to eat, which adversely affects those of us who are not health conscious ...

as for eating at the movies, I really could care less...just find it curious why one has to have a "snack" just because of going to the movies...what is difference between that and snacking while watching tv at home...why do we always have to be eating?

Please get off your high horse.
  • Beastmode454
    Beastmode454 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is actually a pretty healthy snack... just with NO butter. lol
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Why is eating at the movies such a big deal for some people? Even at home I like to eat something when I watch a movie.
    Yeah... I'm sure it's from snacking at the movies a few times a year. Give me a break. It's a treat.

its the attitude that says its a movie I am going to have a "treat" because its "movie time" ..a treat for the average person is going to be a bucket of buttered up popcorn, super sized drink, and a box of candy ...so movie time just turned into calorie blow out time...

Even so, calorie blow out time as a part of an overall calorie conscious diet isn't a problem. Plus, OP and others in here are looking for more nutrition conscious options. What's wrong with happening to have a snack during a movie?

my obesity comment was directed at the prevalent attitude that BC it is movie time it is ok to eat, which adversely affects those of us who are not health conscious ...

as for eating at the movies, I really could care less...just find it curious why one has to have a "snack" just because of going to the movies...what is difference between that and snacking while watching tv at home...why do we always have to be eating?

it is a high horse to ask a rhetorical question?
  • Beastmode454
    Beastmode454 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    IDk but i love to eat and drive at the same time... idk.... lol
  • smaihlee
    smaihlee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    OMFG only on MFP could a simple question about snacks turn into a catfight.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options

I like to eat several times throughout the day. Do I need to? No, but I like to, and it has no affect on my weight loss. That's why people eat during movies. Because they like to.
  • lipuchimo
    Options
    I usually bring a snacksize bag of those flavoured mini rice cakes. I'm not sure about brands/bag sizes in other countries than the netherlands but packages here are under 150 kcals and I feel like they're more than enough to get through the movie
  • serendip58
    serendip58 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    whoa! A snack sized bag of Chocolate cheerios and sliced fruit!
    PERFECT noshers for the flicks! Great idea!
  • serendip58
    serendip58 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I also grab a snack sized bag of HOT peanuts for nibbling - awesome for treats!
    I haven't had the nerve to show up with my own popcorn yet, so I always buy the small sized, unbuttered.
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options

it is a high horse to ask a rhetorical question?

If your horse were high, it would understand the importance of snacking at the movies.....