1 slice of bread a day?

Options
Will eating 1 slice of burgen soya linseed bread a day affect weight loss? I've heard that carbs like bread, potatoes and pasta prevents weight loss...but surely wouldn't moderation be the key? I don't really want to give up bread... I usually have it with cottage cheese for breakfast anyways!

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    there are no bad foods.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    there are no bad foods.

Amen.
  • Mouseanonymous802
    Options
    If you ate 1200 calories of bread every day and nothing else you would still lose weight :) Please do not worry about things like this unless you have a medical reason too.
  • belinus
    belinus Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    there are no bad foods.

Anything high fat/high sugar that isn't that way naturally is a bad food. And even then you shouldn't be eating much of it.
  • emienne
    emienne Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have a slice of Burgen SoyLin bread with breakfast each morning and it's not slowing down my weight loss :) I'm also not ready to quit bread just yet!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Will eating 1 slice of burgen soya linseed bread a day affect weight loss? I've heard that carbs like bread, potatoes and pasta prevents weight loss...but surely wouldn't moderation be the key? I don't really want to give up bread... I usually have it with cottage cheese for breakfast anyways!
    overeating prevents weight loss. eating more than you should (based on MFP or TDEE or whatever system you use) prevents weight loss. a calorie is a calorie.

for some people it seems to be easier to lose weight when they stay off bread (specifically) or flour-based carbs (pasta etc). I know that when i find myself stuck, i go easy on bread for a few days and get unstuck, but i don't cut out bread/carbs completely.

i have no idea what "burgen soya linseed bread" is, sounds ... delicious :noway: . i say, get the bread you like, and enjoy it. don't have 4 slices, have one or two slices, but enjoy it.
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    there are no bad foods.

Anything high fat/high sugar that isn't that way naturally is a bad food. And even then you shouldn't be eating much of it.

No it isn't. It's only bad if you eat excessive amounts of it.
  • jonsey_s
    jonsey_s Posts: 222
    Options
    there are no bad foods.

WRONG......damn cheeseburger took my waist years ago! :sad:

:smile:
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    there are no bad foods.

There are no bad foods!
  • kototo
    kototo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Agree!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

no, no, and no ..

over eating prevents weight loss, not eating carbs...

carbs are not the devil! You can eat bread, rice, pasta etc, just make sure you are under on calories and fit the carbs into your daily macro goal...
  • jocanlose
    jocanlose Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I eat bread every single day of my life sometimes I have four slices a day. Sometimes white sometimes wholemeal and I've lost 60lbs. Some people like to eat low carbs for increased energy levels.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    there are no bad foods.

Maybe not the first cheeseburger. ..but the 3 one might have!!!

OP.....eat the bread. You don't need to avoid carbs. And yes you can lose weight while still enjoying carbs.

In before diabetics come preaching about insulin resistance. ....remember OP did not mention diabetes.

sorry brah you have to assume that EVERYONE has insulin and gluten sensitivities because carbs are evil and we all know they make you gain weight and body fat, while at the same time eating away at lean muscle mass...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    there are no bad foods.

Maybe not the first cheeseburger. ..but the 3 one might have!!!

OP.....eat the bread. You don't need to avoid carbs. And yes you can lose weight while still enjoying carbs.

In before diabetics come preaching about insulin resistance. ....remember OP did not mention diabetes.

sorry brah you have to assume that EVERYONE has insulin and gluten sensitivities because carbs are evil and we all know they make you gain weight and body fat, while at the same time eating away at lean muscle mass...

Yea sorry bro, I was eating some bread when I was typing that and became hyperglycemic and got confused.

see?? bread is the cause of all of our shortcomings....
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    im vegi and most of my diet consists of white pasta, white rice, and vegies of various sorts. ive lost 2st so far, usually do 2oz portions of rice and pasta to a meal and 2 slices of mega thick white from roberts, makes no difference to me.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    eat the bread.
  • WalkingMermaid_
    WalkingMermaid_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and a lot of my meals are clean carb based. I eat potatoes, rice, heaps of fruit, etc etc and have had no problem losing weight. I'm at about 200 -250 grams of clean carbs a day.

Go eat your bread!!
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    eat the bread.
    the end

people seem to be ignorant on this board.....and I'm new here.