Less Alcohol ~ JANUARY 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    @looneycatblue @lmlmrn
    Sock idea and description is priceless!!!
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    Xellercin wrote: »

I try not to drink when stressed :) I've been pretty successful with that aspect since I retired in Jan 2019!
    Usually mine now is a couple of glasses of wine in the evening and not a whole bottle or 2 of wine.
    But then I enjoy the wine ... and really don't feel guilty about drinking it so long as I want it and not "need" it like I did back in 2016-2018 when I was mindlessly drinking. Now it is more mindful, I'm not sluggish, I don't have trouble sleeping, etc etc. I'm okay with my plan.

Happy for you that you quit and that you feel no need to drink and that it tastes like ethanol to you. But that is not me.

We each are on our own journey with various goals that we individually set.

Yep, everyone needs to find their own healthy relationship with alcohol. I was sharing my personal experience. The previous person quoted talked about needing to not drink as a response to stress, and I shared my experience with how drinking for stress made the stress worse.

It's great that you've been able to not drink in response to stress, I think that's really the key to managing alcohol. It's the stress drinking as self-medication that usually ends up being difficult to manage.