January 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all, feeling tired and weary today. First week back to work has taken its toll! Dragged myself on to the treadmill for a short run, as there are errands and chores galore for today.

Wishing you all a restful Sunday x

1/1: 2.1m
    2/1: 2m
    3/1: 2.5m
    4/1: 2m
    5/1: 1m
    6/1: 2m
    7/1: 2.05m
    8/1: 2.7m
    9/1: 1.8m

Jan total: 18.1m
    Jan target: 30m
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,800 Member
    Options
    @shanaber when you say
    I ran yesterday and it was low 50's, cloudy, foggy, drizzly with a cold wind. I had a pretty good run until around mile 4 or so then I started hurting all over
    hurting all over that is so strange. Do you think you have an electrolyte imbalance going on which is seizing up all your muscles? Is it more one location than another or does it happen all at once? I certainly hope you can figure this out with your doc and test results!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    @shanaber when you say
    I ran yesterday and it was low 50's, cloudy, foggy, drizzly with a cold wind. I had a pretty good run until around mile 4 or so then I started hurting all over
    hurting all over that is so strange. Do you think you have an electrolyte imbalance going on which is seizing up all your muscles? Is it more one location than another or does it happen all at once? I certainly hope you can figure this out with your doc and test results!
    Thanks @SummerSkier - it is hard to describe. Kind of like inflammation all over I guess. I used to get it after long or hard runs and after a couple of days it went away. This came on and hasn't gone away. My PCP is having a bunch of tests run and thinks it is likely an autoimmune reaction and now we just have to figure out what it is if we can. She really doesn't want me running but I am not good at that if I feel ok. So I think I mostly need to keep my runs shorter and walk when needed especially if it hurts.

@globalhiker - No worries on ranting! That is what we are here for. I was going suggest something like Altra's since they are nice and wide, until I saw that you need a 12mm drop. I too have pretty wide feet and a bunion on my right foot and looked and looked for wide women's running shoes and they are so hard to find. I have tried Altra's and they are ok but I mostly run in Topo's but they too don't have a high drop, most are 0 and maybe up to 3 or 4mm.

@martaindale - enjoy your taper week!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    If anyone has been looking to order a RoadId bracelet or tags I have a $10 off coupon code - 104FRIEND85
    I used to wear a separate bracelet, have had tags for my shoes, etc. but when I got the pacemaker it was recommended I have some sort of notification info with me all the time. So I got a tag for my watch band that is on all the time and shows as a medical alert in addition to having the contact info for my husband.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo I think it was cement blocks and bricks. Similar shacks in the area were filled with wood.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    1/9: 3 miles -hill with one sprint at the end.
    month-to-date: 16.5 miles
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @globalhiker I thought adrenaline was 12mm? I need a high drop due to Achilles problems. I have found saucony guide at 10mm isn’t a bad option. But you may need more arch support - separate insole may be your best bet.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    If anyone has been looking to order a RoadId bracelet or tags I have a $10 off coupon code - 104FRIEND85
    I used to wear a separate bracelet, have had tags for my shoes, etc. but when I got the pacemaker it was recommended I have some sort of notification info with me all the time. So I got a tag for my watch band that is on all the time and shows as a medical alert in addition to having the contact info for my husband.

I have the tag on my watch also.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,441 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Was able to get 10 miles in this afternoon. Temp was good (50F) but north 20mph wind gusting to 40 was tough. Felt pretty good though.

exercise.png