Revisiting after years away

Options
Hi, I am revisiting after years away. I signed up for Noom but didn't like it at all,then remembered tracking my carbs years ago when I was a bodybuilder. Things have changed since then. I am now 66 years old and spend time swimming, doing aquafit and walking the Highlands since I moved to Scotland.
I am a widow and the last six years have been a struggle. But I have fought my way through to a new life that I love. I am back on my fitness journey again. I prefer carb cycling to lose weight so that is what I am doing now. Thanks for listening.

Replies

• Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,828 MFP Staff
    Options
    Welcome back! Wishing you success with your fitness journey.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,418 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome!

We have some things in common: I'm also 66, and also a widow (since 1998). I like being active in fun ways. Not having highlands to roam (and with cranky knees), I mostly row (rowing shells, on water, when I can) and sometimes cycle (actual outdoor bike, when I can). Right now, it's deep Winter here, so I'm machine rowing, stationary biking, strength training and doing some floor exercises, and yearning for Spring when I can row boats again. 😉

I'm not a carb-cycler, though: Just a balanced nutrition, long-term ovo-lacto vegetarian. I cheer on anyone who's found an eating approach that suits them, leads to healthy weight and overall good nutrition. I know carb cycling is compatible with that, so I wish you well.

Hoping MFP will help you achieve whatever goals you may have now!