JUST FOR TODAY--One Day at a Time--Daily Commitment Thread for 2022

Options

Replies

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,610 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - Going hiking! I won’t eat again until dinner with DH.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. YMCA. Park walk.
    2. School; set up for open house. Skype call.
    3. Duolingo. Sign up for GAE, PAGE, NCTE.
    4. Reading - 30 min. Update Goodreads.
    5. Write S&F!!
    6. Finish writing book list script. Blog post.
    7. Organize office.
    8. Evening: Livestream. Dinner: Pizza. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Lang8?
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Check with KS about presentation - ?? Design voter registration sign. Saturday library volunteering. Sunday livestream & movie video. Sat Aug 6 Zabby, Livestream. Wed open house. Thurs Dems.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 210.2

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for GR purchase list.
    2. E2: Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. Look into publishing and literacy doctoral programs.
    6. Medical: Dentist July 11 10 AM. PCP Oct 21 10:30 TEL. Therapy 7/28 8A. Obgyn Oct 14 12:45.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion August 16 7P.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. How to remove cement.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board? Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

WFTY: Focus.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
    [/quote]

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    Options
    🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹
    🌹🪷🌹JULY 2022 🌹🪷🌹
    🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹
    WEEK 5: 30/31 July

Focus for July:
    Eat Heathy!

🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗
    🥗🥗🎂🥗🥗🥗🥗
    🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗
    🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗🍱
    🍤🍤
    Ate normal breakfasts, reasonable healthy options for lunch/main meals. Little snacking between meals, and miles of walking, so well under goal each day. Haven’t weighed yet, so don’t know if I have gained/lost weight.
    Active hours > 6
    💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    Solid Habits:
    😃😃😃😃😃😃😃
    😃😃😃😃😃😃😃
    😃😃😃😃😃😃😃
    😃😃😃😃😃😃😃
    😃😃😃

We had a very hectic time rushing round Oxford after my 3 adult grands, and daughter. Over 17000 steps on Friday 29 July. Visited pageant at Blenheim Palace, and Bletchley Park.

Propic is granddaughter in her robes after graduation on Sat.

I will try and get caught up with everyone today.

🦄 Terri

• emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Goals for today: drink 48 oz of water and log all food. Hormones are making me feel extremely ill so I probably won’t be able to make any progress towards gaining weight, but maybe the deficit won’t be too bad. I don’t want to keep going backwards 😞

Only managed about 1200 calories yesterday. My goal on here to help me gain is a little over 1600 so yeah… not as bad as it could have been but still not as good as I wanted. Will try to do better today.

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options

JFT Tuesday
    - Up by 7:00 :( more like 7:30
    - Weigh :smiley:
    - Work by 8:00 :( 8:15
    - Work on complaints and documents :smiley:
    - Quality meeting :smiley:
    - Fuss at people about incomplete testing :smiley:
    - Write a GLU report :( Didn't have all of the data
    - Home by 5:00 :smiley:
    - Eat something :smiley:
    - Teach spin at 6:00 :smiley:
    - Home by 7:30 :smiley:
    - Cook dinner :neutral: Hubby cooked
    - No alcohol :smiley:
    - Bed by 10:30 :( When I exercise in the evening, I have a hard time going to bed, but I sleep really well.

Happy Tuesday y'all!

Yesterday was a good day. Drank water more than soda. Taught a really good spin class if I do say so myself. Had a healthy dinner, even tried brussel sprouts for the first time. Didn't really care for them, but didn't gag either. I know I'm almost 50 and hadn't tried them, but they just smell so bad...

Weigh in wasn't what I'd hoped for today, but it wasn't bad I lost 1.6# last week and it's TOM so maybe it will go down a tad. Was really hoping for 2#, but that's life. Still a measurable change.

Shrink appt after work, but just a med check nothing long and involved. Meds seem to be pretty on point these days, so no changes needed. Will likely go out to play trivia this evening, so gotta stay diligent about the no drinking bit. They make a nice salad at the bar, so that's good, and since I just drink water it helps me meet my goal for the day of 64oz. I've really been slacking on hydration as of late.

JFT Wednesday
    - Up at 7:00 :smiley:
    - Weigh :smiley:
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Review/revise quality manual
    - Work on GLU
    - Mini meals
    - 64oz of water
    - Log food
    - Stay green
    - No junk at the bar
    - Home by 10:00
    - Bed by 11:00

Have a great day y'all!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @pridesabtch Hubby and I love roasted brussel sprouts! Little olive oil, sea salt, cracked black pepper on sheet pan, roast until getting crispy brown. Yum!

Recap T 8/2 ~ Day 6 of activity monitor
    1) Took measurements / log on MFP :)
    2) Walked dog 3.5 mi before work, saw bunny, turkeys & sandhill cranes :sunglasses: happy dog & happy me
    3) Move hourly / stairs breaks :smiley: 13.6K 29 floors 12/14
    4) Net calories zero / 96 oz. water :neutral: net cals -191, sodium RED (again), fiber & carbs good, calcium low, protein ok but could be better, 96 oz. water
    5) T31 audit / email request for Q2-Q4 docs / Facebook Live video / more email catch-up / 1 assigned online course no time
    6) Call Carol at church / research ADRC Medicare class / taxes in Retirement online workshop 6:30 ~ waste of time :( / review retirement finance docs / wash dishes / another ta-da! TA-DA!
    7) Unplug 9:00 / complete CPS survey for end of day / FLOSS / RETAINERS / pray & Calm / 6:00 alarm (PT exercises before work)

JFT W 8/3 ~ (Final) day 7 of activity monitor
    1) PT exercises before work :smiley: not as bad as I feared after skipping most of July
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / pace during webinar
    3) Net calories zero / 96 oz. water
    4) T31 audit / webinar 10-12 / complete webinar summary form, pdf & digital sign / email requests for manual survey & Chat to John (both blocked by workplace network) / email request for Q2-Q4 docs / more email catch-up
    5) Noon go to church to sign check (that I forgot last weekend) / call in dinner pre-order for Th concert / complete hours per day section of activity monitor survey / re-read shipping instructions to return monitor & survey / organize Medicare paperwork / wash dishes / city band concert in park 7:30 / another ta-da?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / complete CPS survey for end of day / FLOSS / RETAINERS / pray (including aunt's travels 1/2 around the world) & Calm / 6:00 alarm (walk dog before work)

Surprised on my daily weigh-in this morning to see a decent drop. I have been reducing processed sugar & trying to eliminate evening munching. I'm not a regular evening snacker, but when I do, it's not good. Weight has been bouncing a lot lately, not in a good way. We'll see.
    About me: Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    64 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    • 3.1.22 (still recovering from flu 2.23-2.25)
    • 3.31.22 maintaining not gaining
    • 4.30.22 barely maintaining
    • 5.31.22 ack
    • 6.30.22 ups & downs in June, but no worse at end of month
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Started PT (physical therapy) exercises 1.28.22 due to overuse of arthritic knees
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 (first time in person since 2019) ~ 1:41:02 ave. pace 16:27 first half 51:35 second half 50:26 & knees were fine :star: happy me
    • Packers 5K on 7.16.22 ~ 48:48 average pace 15:43 finished 37/81 in my age group (I'm oldest year in range haha)
    • Registered for Bellin Women's 5K on 10/1/22 (Packers 5K discount yay)
    • will register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K on 10/8/22 (price goes up in Sept) ~ reconsidering due to knees on nature trails with rocks & trees roots & finishing up a very steep sledding hill
    • watch for other events to add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement ~ not much progress lately, at least dining room done
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Recap - Tuesday, 8/2
    Balanced meals - Pretty good choices at meals but too many snacks
    Hydrate - :)
    Recycling - :)
    Tackle one of the bedrooms - :) Made a good start
    2 other chores - :)

JFT Wednesday 8/3
    Balanced meals
    Hydrate
    Call to check on Mom
    Nature center with the boys
    Outdoor trail walk
    2 chores
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until dinner with DH.
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Healthy eating and logging both went out the window today. I did okay for the first part of the day and then my coworker took 45 minutes to explain why she didn’t have time to help me when she gave me her word that she would. Lately it seems like every time I think I can’t take any more stress, more stress gets heaped on my plate. So I add junk food to my plate. Not a healthy response but I guess I have a chance to do better tomorrow.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Park walk?
    2. School; podcast! 1st and 2nd write emails on paper!
    3. Duolingo. Check on journals for NCTE.
    4. Reading - 30 min. Update Goodreads.
    5. Write S&F!!
    6. Finish writing book list script. Blog post.
    7. Organize office.
    8. Evening: Dems meeting. Dinner: Salad (PACK). Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Lang8?
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Check with KS/JN about presentation - ?? Design voter registration sign. Saturday library volunteering. Sunday podcast. Sat Aug 6 Zabby, Livestream.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 208.6

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for GR purchase list.
    2. E2: Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. Look into publishing and literacy doctoral programs.
    6. Medical: Dentist July 11 10 AM. PCP Oct 21 10:30 TEL. Therapy 7/28 8A. Obgyn Oct 14 12:45.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion August 16 7P.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. How to remove cement.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board? Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

WFTY: Focus.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow. Can still have my dose of metamusal
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    @pridesabtch - I’m a month away from 54 (that hurts to type) and haven’t tried Brussels sprouts either.

I tested positive for Covid last night. So I didn’t update or post goals, but I did log in and read along.
    The fatigue part of this is insane. I’ve heard about it, but didn’t realize just how much it was.

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    JFT Tues 2 Aug

- Cancel hair appointments for kids, did it for the wrong day ✔️
    - Ring disability✔️
    - Log all Food❌
    - Water✔️
    - Rest day so no exercise ✔️

Didn't log all the food. Most of it. Ash made the Bolognese and put that many ingredients in I really couldn't be bothered calculating what it could have been 😂

Forgot to post goals yesterday. Was supposed to be going to a museum and the day just went t!ts up!

But my usual goals of water, logging and exercise were all a ❌
    Again I forgot to weigh the food for dinner
    I mean I can guess but won't be accurate
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    JFT Thurs 4 Aug
    - Log all food!!
    - Water, get my bottle filled up!
    - Exercise (need to stop slacking on this)

The run I did the other day left me with shin splints for about 3 days! Never had it that bad before. There still a bit sore but there's other exercises I can do that don't require the legs today 😂

• beachwalker99
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 - Sorry to hear you're dealing with covid. Even a mild case can leave you fatigued for a while. Keep an eye on your symptoms, get plenty of rest, and take it easy until you really feel better.
  • beachwalker99
    Options
    Not getting as much done as I'd planned. My daughter is going through a really rough time and needs a lot of support, so I've been spending a lot of time with her and her boys. I'm trying to get an early start on indoor chores before they come over for a swim. The heat and humidity have returned with a vengeance, so I don't expect I'll get much done outdoors.

Meals have been pretty healthy, but I really need to cut down on the snacks, especially since I haven't been exercising. I keep too many goodies around the house in the summer :/

Recap - Wednesday 8/3
    Balanced meals - Started out well, but too much junk after dinner.
    Hydrate - :)
    Call to check on Mom - :)
    Nature center with the boys - :)
    Outdoor trail walk - :)
    2 chores - No.

JFT - Thursday 8/4
    Balanced meals
    Hydrate
    Grocery store?
    Pool day
    2 chores
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    Recap W 8/3 ~ (Final) day 7 of activity monitor
    1) PT exercises before work :smiley: not as bad as I feared after skipping most of July
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / pace during webinar :) 8K 28 floors 14/14 boom!
    3) Net calories zero / 96 oz. water :# Made parsleyed red potatoes, caprese & strawberry banana smoothies to go with leftover hamburgers for dinner. Evening snack of ginger snap cookies. Net cals -450, sodium green YAY, fiber & protein excellent, carbs & calcium not bad, 96 oz. water
    4) T31 audit / webinar 10-12 / complete webinar summary form, pdf & digital sign / email requests for manual survey & Chat to John (both blocked by workplace network) / email request for Q2-Q4 docs & training program / more email catch-up = good day in office
    5) Noon go to church to sign check (that I forgot last weekend) / call in dinner pre-order for Th concert / complete hours per day section of activity monitor survey / re-read shipping instructions to return monitor & survey forgot / organize Medicare paperwork ~ read some but did not organize / wash dishes / city band concert in park 7:30 too muggy & hot even to sit in park so hubby & I stayed home / another ta-da? yes de-cluttering TA-DA!
    6) Unplug 9:00 / complete CPS survey for end of day / FLOSS sheesh / RETAINERS / pray (including aunt's travels 1/2 around the world) & Calm / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

JFT 8/4
    1) Walked dog 3.3 mi before work, saw the usual, bunnies, cranes & turkeys :sunglasses: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / pace during webinar
    3) Asian salmon salad (pre-ordered dinner for botanical garden concert) / 1 beer / net calories zero / 96 oz.
    4) T31 audit / Facebook Live video / webinar 2-3 / complete webinar summary form, pdf & digital sign / download W & Th CPEs & print for my files / submit forms & CPEs / print Chat once rec'd / more email catch-up
    5) Leave 5:00 to pick-up dinner order & GBBG concert 6:00 / re-read shipping instructions to return monitor & survey, and pack box / any other ta-da?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / pray (aunt's travels) & Calm / alarm? I really want rest day but should take advantage of good weather to walk dog... we'll see
    About me: Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    64 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    • 3.1.22 (still recovering from flu 2.23-2.25)
    • 3.31.22 maintaining not gaining
    • 4.30.22 barely maintaining
    • 5.31.22 ack
    • 6.30.22 ups & downs in June, but no worse at end of month
    • 8.2.22 up again ~ gah! (lazy in July & ate whatever I wanted)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Started PT (physical therapy) exercises 1.28.22 due to overuse of arthritic knees
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 (first time in person since 2019) ~ 1:41:02 ave. pace 16:27 first half 51:35 second half 50:26 & knees were fine :star: happy me
    • Packers 5K on 7.16.22 ~ 48:48 average pace 15:43 finished 37/81 in my age group (I'm oldest year in range haha)
    • Registered for Bellin Women's 5K on 10/1/22 (Packers 5K discount yay)
    • will register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K on 10/8/22 (price goes up in Sept) ~ reconsidering due to knees on nature trails with rocks & trees roots & finishing up a very steep sledding hill
    • watch for other events to add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement ~ not much progress lately, at least dining room done
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

JFT for Tuesday, 8-2
    1. eat breakfast/take morning pills
    2. no grains or sugar
    3. no caffeine after noon
    4. 10,000 steps
    5. Do a power walk
    6. Swim at least ¾ mile
    7. 8 C water
    8. 5 freggies…big salad!
    9. SLEEP!

Didn't get around to posting goals on Wednesday.

JFT for Thursday, 8-4
    1. eat breakfast/take morning pills
    2. no grains or sugar
    3. no caffeine after noon
    4. 10,000 steps
    5. Do a power walk at lunch
    6. Swim at least ¾ mile
    7. 8 C water
    8. 5 freggies…big salad!
    9. SLEEP!

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’tveat again until dinner with DH.