- Mini meals :smiley:
    - 64oz of water :smiley:
    - Log food :(
    - Stay green :smiley: Probably
    - No junk at the bar :smiley:
    - Home by 10:00 :(
    - Bed by 11:00 :(

Have a great day y'all!

Well my day went really well, but the evening was a bit off. I guess I subliminally knew I was going to drink last night because I didn't put "No Alcohol" in my goals. Had a few drinks, but didn't eat any bar food.

Didn't pack mini-meals today so I'm gonna be hungry... Poor planning lead to poor performance!

I started typing this before my first meeting at 8:30am, now I'm finishing it and it's 2:42pm...

JFT Thursday
    - Weigh :smiley:
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Rebuild detector :smiley:
    - Change inlet :smiley:
    - Run test - yes but didn't work :smiley:
    - Show Phil how to do some things :smiley:
    - Rebuild injector
    - catch up on paper work in B3 (old job)
    - repair moisture analyzers :smiley:
    - Leave by 4:00
    - Vet by 4:45
    - Healthy dinner
    - No alcohol
    - Bed by 10:30

Happy Thursday y'all!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. Park walk?
    2. School; create name cards! 1st and 2nd check emails & finish essay.
    3. Duolingo. Check on journals for NCTE - can we get them through library?
    4. Reading - 30 min. Update Goodreads.
    5. Write S&F!!
    6. Finish writing book list script. Blog post.
    7. Organize office.
    8. Evening: Livestream. Dinner: Soup? Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Lang8?
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Check with KS/JN about presentation - ?? Design voter registration sign. Saturday library volunteering. Sunday podcast, cheese meeting, DSA! Sat Aug 6 Zabby, Livestream.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 209.4

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for GR purchase list.
    2. E2: Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. Look into publishing and literacy doctoral programs.
    6. Medical: Dentist July 11 10 AM. PCP Oct 21 10:30 TEL. Therapy 7/28 8A. Obgyn Oct 14 12:45.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion August 16 7P.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. How to remove cement.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board? Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

WFTY: Focus.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
    [/quote]

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,610 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow except for my dose of metamusal.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    JFT Thurs 4 Aug
    - Log all food!! ✔️
    - Water, get my bottle filled up!❌
    - Exercise ❌(need to stop slacking on this)

The run I did the other day left me with shin splints for about 3 days! Never had it that bad before. There still a bit sore but there's other exercises I can do that don't require the legs today 😂

Logged all my food but had to guess on some of dinner but I reckon it was pretty close. Still had lots of calories left anyway.
    Only filled up my water bottle half way through the day when I bought a new juice. Girls wanted orange this week but I prefer blackcurrant so I bought a blackcurrant aswell to make me more likely to drink. So only got half my waters in.

Didn't do any exercises. I was knackered. I cleaned some of the pots, cleared up the dog mess in the garden, wiped down the whole pool and deflated and folded it away and took the rubbish out. Then I had to pack Saskias bag because she's going away in the caravan with my parents. And then it was bedtime and it was that point I just broke down crying. Kids just don't listen to a word I say and it finally broke me. I was crying, they were crying because I was crying. And I just had to sit and explain to them that although I will do anything for them that I'm just one person and it's 3 on 1. They seemed to understand their behaviour the last few days hasn't been the best. They've not exactly been naughty or anything but they haven't really listened to anything I've said. Told them I loved them all very much but they have to start listening to things I ask.
    Then mum guilt kicked in after that so I just went bed and got some sleep.

JFT Friday 5th
    - Log all food
    - Water water water
    - Exercise even if it's something small.

Losing the motivation a bit tbh. But I don't need motivation, I need discipline. So I'm just gonna keep going. Think it's probably just the stress of the school holidays.
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Goals for 8/5;
    Log all food,
    drink 48oz of water,
    eat some kind of fruit or veggie,
    do yoga

Didn’t eat much yesterday between a 4 hour meeting and just really not feeling good. Gotta do better about that.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Recap - Thursday 8/4
    Balanced meals - Not really
    Hydrate - :)
    Grocery store? - No
    Pool day - :)
    2 chores - :)

JFT Friday 8/5
    Balanced meals
    Hydrate
    Grocery store
    Work on the bedrooms
    Clean out my car
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Rebuild detector :smiley:
    - Change inlet :smiley:
    - Run test - yes but didn't work :smiley:
    - Show Phil how to do some things :smiley:
    - Rebuild injector :smiley:
    - catch up on paper work in B3 (old job) :smiley:
    - repair moisture analyzers :smiley:
    - Leave by 4:00 :smiley:
    - Vet by 4:45 :smiley:
    - Healthy dinner :(
    - No alcohol :smiley:
    - Bed by 10:30 :(

Happy Thursday y'all!

Well yesterday pretty much sucked. Everything I touched at work fell apart, and I found out my puppy (12yo Golden Retriever - Boomer) has cancer. They are able to give him steroids which should make him feel better, but we don't have much time left with him. After finding out, I just really didn't have much appetite. Tim ordered Chinese, but mine is still in the fridge. I didn't sleep well either. So I'm a bit of a mess today. Plus I look awful with my swollen eyes from crying. I did eat a protein bar this morning so at least I won't pass out or anything.

Taking mom to the doctor today. Hopefully she will let me go in with her to discuss the memory loss/dementia she is experiencing. Who knows.

Other than that, not sure if I'll come back to work after her appoint or just go home and take a nap...

JFT Friday
    - Up at 5:00 :(
    - Work by 6:00 :( actually 7:30
    - Undo what I did yesterday on the GC :smiley:
    - Meetings
    - Audit
    - Mom to doctor
    - work/home
    - work on BIC complaint
    - Log food
    - stay green
    - no alcohol
    - bed by 11:00

Have a great Friday y'all!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    @pridesabtch So sorry about your doggo Boomer. (((hugs)))

Recap 8/4 R
    1) Walked dog 3.3 mi before work, saw the usual, bunnies, cranes & turkeys :sunglasses: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / pace during webinar :mrgreen: 17.3K 41 floors 14/14 boom!
    3) Asian salmon salad (pre-ordered dinner for botanical garden concert) / 1 beer / net calories zero / 96 oz. :) Logged best guess for dinner. Net cals -184, sodium little better, fiber & carbs good, protein & calcium ok, 96 oz. water
    4) T31 audit / Facebook Live video / webinar 2-3 / complete webinar summary form, pdf & digital sign / download W & Th CPEs & print for my files / submit forms & CPEs / print Chat once rec'd / more email catch-up = 2 days in a row productive hahaha
    5) Leave 5:00 to pick-up dinner order & GBBG concert 6:00 / re-read shipping instructions to return monitor & survey, and pack box / any other ta-da? nope
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / pray (aunt's travels) & Calm / alarm? I really want rest day but should take advantage of good weather to walk dog... we'll see = exhaustion won, asleep by 10

JFT 8/5 TGIF!
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    2) Fish from freezer for supper / net calories zero / 96 oz. water
    3) T31 audit / research possible dept retreat choices & draft reply to boss / update Project Status s/s / update & submit weekly PRO, PAR, HW s/s's / keep up w/ emails
    4) Call mom & dad / any ta-da?
    5) Bedtime routine? 7:00 alarm for farmers market

Slept instead of dog walk before work on perfect summer morning. Oh well. Will be too hot after work for 3+ miles. Maybe hubby and I can stroll with dog to park later in evening. Not much exercise, but that's 1 mile round trip.
    About me: Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    64 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    • 3.1.22 (still recovering from flu 2.23-2.25)
    • 3.31.22 maintaining not gaining
    • 4.30.22 barely maintaining
    • 5.31.22 ack
    • 6.30.22 ups & downs in June, but no worse at end of month
    • 8.2.22 up again ~ gah! (lazy in July & ate whatever I wanted)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Started PT (physical therapy) exercises 1.28.22 due to overuse of arthritic knees
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 (first time in person since 2019) ~ 1:41:02 ave. pace 16:27 first half 51:35 second half 50:26 & knees were fine :star: happy me
    • Packers 5K on 7.16.22 ~ 48:48 average pace 15:43 finished 37/81 in my age group (I'm oldest year in range haha)
    • Registered for Bellin Women's 5K on 10/1/22 (Packers 5K discount yay)
    • will register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K on 10/8/22 (price goes up in Sept) ~ reconsidering due to knees on nature trails with rocks & trees roots & finishing up a very steep sledding hill
    • watch for other events to add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement ~ not much progress lately, at least dining room done
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship[/quote]

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹
    🌹🪷🌹AUGUST 2022 🌹🪷🌹
    🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹
    WEEK 1: 1 - 7 August

Focus for August:
    Eat under goal!

🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗
    Active hours > 6
    💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    Solid Habits:
    😃😃😃😃😃
    I weighed yesterday and am delighted that I gained a mere 1.4 lbs when on holiday. My strategies paid off well.

@pridesabtch So sorry to hear about about your pooch, Boomer. (((hugs))) They mean so much to us. Hope your mum’s appointment went well

🦄 Terri

• emgracewrites
    Options
    Goals for 8/5;
    Log all food, ✅
    drink 48oz of water, ❌
    eat some kind of fruit or veggie, ✅
    do yoga ✅

Didn’t eat much yesterday between a 4 hour meeting and just really not feeling good. Gotta do better about that.

Going to bed feeling stuffed but the food logger says I barely managed 1000 calories. Guess I’ll try and do better tomorrow. I did enjoy my salad from Panera though. Topped with chicken, pineapple, blueberries, strawberries, and walnuts. Gotta grab it while I can because they don’t have it year round!

Doing the 30 day yoga challenge on the YWA YouTube channel. I’ve made it every day so far but it’s showing me I really need to build up some upper body strength because those downward facing dogs are hard!

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @Bex953172 - I bet you the girls will take it all to heart and be better for a week or two at least. They’re kids so they’ll forget all about it soon enough and start driving you crazy again. It’s a cycle that just keeps on repeating. I firmly believe though that the honesty of your tears does more help help than you realize. I know when my Daughter is struggling because the Grands will tell us how much they’ve been helping because “Mom needs a break”. It won’t hurt them a bit and you shouldn’t feel guilty about it.

@pridesabtch - sorry about Boomer’s diagnosis.

@TerriRichardson112 - welcome back!

I felt better today and puttered at getting my china cabinet loaded again.

I still need to style the top, but I went blank.

qqnqjphhoofi.jpeg
    h8wx6ude5frz.jpeg
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - after my dinner mint, I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options

JFT Friday
    - Up at 5:00 :(
    - Work by 6:00 :( actually 7:30
    - Undo what I did yesterday on the GC :smiley:
    - Meetings 😀
    - Audit😀
    - Mom to doctor😀
    - work/home😀
    - work on BIC complaint😞
    - Log food😀
    - stay green😀
    - no alcohol😀
    - bed by 11:00😀

Have a great Friday y'all!

Same old goals…. Don’t much feel like writing them down.

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until dinner with DH. Can still have metamusal at the room.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow
  • emgracewrites
    Options
    Goals for 8/7
    - log all food
    - Yoga
    - 48 oz of water
    - Grocery store
    - Write!

The last one isn’t specifically related to physical health, but it’s definitely good for my mental health.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Park walk? Take bag of frozen PBJs.
    2. School; reply to student comments. Read AI novel during planning.
    3. Duolingo. Check on journals for NCTE - can we get them through library?
    4. Reading - 30 min. Update Goodreads.
    5. Write S&F!!
    6. Finish writing book list script. Blog post.
    7. Organize office.
    8. Evening: Livestream. Dinner: Soup? Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Lang8?
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Check with KS/JN about presentation - ?? Design voter registration sign. Thursday postcards at library. Saturday YMCA, writing workshop, library volunteering, massage, get new sneakers.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 210.0

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for GR purchase list.
    2. E2: Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. Look into publishing and literacy doctoral programs.
    6. Medical: Dentist July 11 10 AM. PCP Oct 21 10:30 TEL. Therapy 7/28 8A. Obgyn Oct 14 12:45.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion August 16 7P.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. How to remove cement.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board? Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

WFTY: Focus.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until after 5 pm or when DH wants dinner.
  • emgracewrites
    Options
    Goals for 8/7
    - log all food ✅
    - Yoga ✅
    - 48 oz of water ❌
    - Grocery store ✅
    - Write! ✅

The last one isn’t specifically related to physical health, but it’s definitely good for my mental health.

Went to the grocery store with a couple of different balanced meals in mind to cook this week. Still need to be better about hydration. Writing/editing is so good for my soul.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - August 7
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    10 mins of exercise