JUST FOR TODAY--One Day at a Time--Daily Commitment Thread for 2022

Options

Replies

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - after the little hard candy I’m currently sucking, I won’t eat again until after 5, dinner with DH
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Sunday
    1. Groceries?
    2. Clean out emailbox. Laundry.
    3. Park walk.
    4. Reading - Libby. Update Goodreads!
    5. Write S&F and Clois.
    6. Podcast.
    7. Organize office.
    8. Evening: Abbott, Disenchanted. Dinner: Soup? Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Create online signups for trunk or treat and farmer's market and backpack blessings. Sat6 Nov 26. Sat take Starbucks card on walk! Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. McKay's with Cora for driving practice? Clear up porch before beginning Christmas projects. How many cratesful of books are in the room; how often do we need to remove a crate in order to be done by May? Nap w Cora. Library volunteering.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 202.8

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s.

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit). ALA conference registration by March.

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Do years of service transfer? Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater / Hawaiian shirt. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark. When is annual checkup? When is next therapy appt? Discuss regressive behaviors & becoming nonverbal when upset.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; Hawaiian shirt. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? Dentist April 19 11a. Therapy Nov 21 11A. How to respond to regressive behavior? Obgyn Mar 15 11a.

WFTY: Focus. Full day, but good day. Lots of work at the Y. Got to go to the art gallery at least for a little!
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Goals for 11/18
    - minimum 1400 calories ❌
    - Minimum 40 oz of water ❌
    - Yoga ❌

Fell short on my goals, but I made some nice profit at my craft show so I’m still counting it as a good day. Going to bed with a headache that will hopefully be gone in the morning so I can chase my dream some more.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,799 Member
    Options
    JFT - Nov 19

JFT - Nov 20

I had a busy day, but yet enjoyed everything so it felt relaxing.

Tomorrow is cleaning day. I need to do that so next week when I decorate for Christmas it is clean.

• more_freggies76
    edited November 2022
    Options
    People talking about not reaching their goals made me think about the Four Day Win book by Martha Beck where she said to choose a goal, make it 1/2 simpler and then 1/2 simpler again. It has to be something that is so easy to do and that you are sure you can do for 4 days. Then have a liitle daily reward and a final reward for yourself when you do it. For me, pretty emoticons usually were good rewards!

The idea is to start rewarding ourselves for all the good things we do. Of course the big goals are important but not as important as letting go of berating ourselves.

Anyway, her method really helped me! .. and over time it has allowed me to reach bigger goals.

Hour commitment - after my coffee stuff and metamusil I won’t eat again until DH wants lunch (might be an early lunch).
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment -shared sandwich & chips & chocolate for early lunch. Now I won’t eat again until after 5 pm. No more dessert today.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,799 Member
    Options
    JFT - Nov 20
    190 Lbs

JFT - Nov 21

@more_freggies76 - I need to start setting some small goals.

• more_freggies76
    Options
  • emgracewrites
    Options
    Goals for 11/21
    - minimum 1400 calories
    - Minimum 40 oz of water
    - Yoga
    - Errands

Back to work today after 10 days off. The break has been wonderful, but now the catch-up phase begins…
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,370 Member
    Options
    The weekend was really good until it wasn't... Got all of my Christmas shopping done except for the in-laws & Sierra who we never know what to get anyway.

The rest of the family we got tickets to events they will enjoy rather than stuff. Pro Hockey tickets for one family, Blake Shelton Tickets for one family, Traveling Broadway Theatre tickets for my daughter, March Madness basketball tickets for my hubby, my niece we're giving cash because she is due with her first baby in January and you know how stuff just creeps up on new parents. Even did our shopping for our Angel Tree kid. I'll think he'll be excited to get his gifts this Christmas in addition to clothes and such, we got him a bike which was his wish item & his need item.

Sierra came home on Saturday and spent the day with us then went to see her sister in a play Saturday evening with her dad. She went to work on Sunday, came home had family dinner, and went to her room. We thought things were good. At about 11:30pm she came out. I could tell she was upset and she said she needed to talk to us. I knew she had been struggling with depression and anxiety since last year, but I guess I didn't realize how bad it was. She talked to us about it, for which I'm grateful, then she said she felt she needed to go back to Pittsburgh and that being home just wasn't good for her right now. I'm not sure why she feels that way, whether she doesn't know, or she just doesn't want to tell us. Either way it scares the heck out of to send her off to stay by her self when she is so down. She said they tested her for bipolar disorder and that she was boarder line, but with her family history that is a real concern. The last thing I want for my baby is to go through the things I went through. She's smarter that I was and is seeking help earlier than I did, but it is a scary disease. At the same time, if being here is bad for her, I don't want her to stay. She is going to come back for Thanksgiving day and spend the night, but that's all. If y'all could pray for us, I'd really appreciate it.

As for today I'm getting a little work done. The pets have a Vet appointment at 5:00pm and then I have nothing to do. Quiet time is hard...
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until dinner with DH.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    @pridesabtch: I wish I could only "say" I understand your concern for you daughter.. but I DO understand. Your daughter sounds so much like our daughter, except our daughter has been diagnosed with bipolar (actually schizoaffective disorder). Many times, our daughter prefers to be alone in her apartment, which worries me all the time.
    You are very fortunate in that your daughter is talking to you, and expressing how she feels. That is the first big step. And it is wonderful that she will still be home for thanksiving, just not the entire time.
    I am realizing with my daughter.. that she needs the quiet time she has alone. I used to worry so much about her being alone, but with someone with depression and anxiety.. sometimes being around too much people is very stressful.
    Hugs to you all!
    And wow .. I'm impressed with all your xmas shopping done already! We have decided to just give grandkids a $100 bill.. which I think they will love, and takes the pressure of of us.

@more_freggies76:
    Thank you for your comment about setting simple goals. This is what I am trying today ... just one goal, and that is to eat just one healthy snack in the evenings.
    I do great all day.. its the evenings where I seem to go on a eating frenzy!
  • mytime6630
    edited November 2022
    Options
    alujyqlzfr5i.jpg

• mytime6630
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I missed 2 days again in posting goals... but I am telling myself again the 20/80 plan.. that if I am not perfect everyday... keep going. If I can get on here 20% of the time.. that is still better than giving up.
    All day yesterday I could not reach my daughter. She gets even more depressed during the holidays, and her doctor has been adjusting her meds.. so it has been a concern. Saturday she came out, and was just sobbing in the bedroom. When I ask her what is wrong, she just tells me nothing. So when I could not reach her all day, I worry. Her car was gone.. and we didn't know where she is. As a mom.. I tend to think the worse... so by evening, I was all worked up and worried. She came out about 8 pm, and said she was ok... and she did seem better. (as my hubby says.. I worry way too much!) For her, each day is different. But when she left, again.. I mindlessly grabbed cashews and raisins. I tell myself this is a healthy snack.. but these kinds of mindless snacks are what is causing me to gain weight. I don't even know why I grabbed them.. just did.
    So while laying in bed... I decided I was going to join Weight Watchers again today. I had lost 38 pounds in 2018 .. and reached my goal weight of 175 .. kept it off until 2020 when the pandemic was worse, and have been gaining again. I now have 25 pounds to lose. But.. I got online, saw it was $30 a month .. and that is online only.. no meetings. I could use that money for so many other things .. and I know what to do! I know why I am gaining weight .. its the mindless eating. I have MFP to log my food online! I have friends here.. so I decided to NOT join, use this platform, and vow to do better.
    I like what @morefreegies said .. to set small goals.
    So I got out a "new" 3 ring notebook... and will record what I eat in writing (in addition to here). And hoping this sets my brain into starting something new and different and I will be more committed. Its like @Bex said .. when I first started these threads in 2017 we were all so excited.. and motivation was easy. For some reason, it seems harder. So I needed something totally different .. ha.. as if writing it with a pen will help.. but I'm hoping it will. In fact, I WILL make it work.
    My AIC is getting close to prediabetic, so my goal is to lose weight before May, when we have our yearly physical. So why not start now, instead of waiting until January like I always do.
    So, my goals for the rest of today are just one thing
    ONLY 1Snack tonite (If I need a snack), and that snack will be a apple, protein shake, or frozen grapes.
    No nuts .. no cheese .. no raisins
    Goals for Tomorrow, 11/22
    1. log all my food .. both here and in my notebook
    2. go to the gym
    3. concentrate on water
    4. pin xmas quilt
    5. evening snack .. ONLY a apple, protein shake OR frozen grapes. NO nuts, cheese, or raisins!
    5 pound challenge .. lost 5# by end of year! Weigh-ins
    Trying to weigh every saturday
    November 12: 205.0 ! Yikes. I knew I was up, because my jeans are once again tight. So my goal is to be back in onderland by January 1st!
    Nov 18: 207.2 --- the scale is going the wrong direction.. and when I look back, I know why.Its mindless eating of even "healthy" foods like raisins, banannas, nuts, etc. So, that must stop
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Duolingo, reading.
    2. Laundry.
    3. 9:30 RPM; 4:30 Barre, BP.
    4. Reading - Libby. Update Goodreads!
    5. Write S&F and Clois.
    6. Library volunteering. PC2V?
    7. Organize office.
    8. Evening: Tweetchat. Dinner: Soup? Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Create online signups for trunk or treat and farmer's market and backpack blessings. Sat6 Nov 26. Sat take Starbucks card on walk! Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. McKay's with Cora for driving practice? Clear up porch before beginning Christmas projects. How many cratesful of books are in the room; how often do we need to remove a crate in order to be done by May? Nap w Cora. Library volunteering.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 205.3

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s.

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit). ALA conference registration by March.

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Do years of service transfer? Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater / Hawaiian shirt. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark. When is annual checkup? When is next therapy appt? Discuss regressive behaviors & becoming nonverbal when upset.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; Hawaiian shirt. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? Dentist April 19 11a. Therapy Nov 21 11A. How to respond to regressive behavior? Obgyn Mar 15 11a.

WFTY: Focus. Today was nice. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one. :smiley:
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,370 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 thank you for your comments. I was hoping you would chime in as I know you understand. I appreciate you!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    @mytime6630 thank you for your comments. I was hoping you would chime in as I know you understand. I appreciate you!

And .. I am so very proud of YOU! You give me hope for my daughter.. I am so inspired by you.
  • emgracewrites
    Options
    Goals for 11/21
    - minimum 1400 calories ✅
    - Minimum 40 oz of water ❌
    - Yoga ❌
    - Errands ✅

Back to work today after 10 days off. The break has been wonderful, but now the catch-up phase begins…

Work went okay, didn’t make as much progress as I wanted. Tonight hormones are kicking my butt mentally (feeling down/anxious) and physically (stomach pain/weird cravings). Hoping the worst of it is over by Thanksgiving. Why do these things always happen at the worst possible time?

Talked to my mom last week and the plan was to do something low-key on Thursday - like just the three of us, and then having dessert over at my grandma’s house. Found out a few days ago that the plan has completely changed and now there’s going to be at least 15 of us getting together (11 adults, 4 kids/preteens), with a potential for 3 more adults. So much for low key 🫤

Looking forward to seeing all my cousins/extended family… but I also really just want this holiday to be over so I can have a few days of peace and quiet. I’ve been pushing myself out of my comfort zone a lot lately and I just need a break.

Sorry for venting again. Hormones really suck.
  • more_freggies76
    Options