• emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Goals for 11/29
    - yoga ❌
    - 40 oz of water ❌
    - Log all food ✅
    - Nutritionist appointment ✅

Trying to pretend yesterday just didn’t happen. Hopefully my appointment goes okay and I’ve actually managed to hit the goal weight I have in mind. It would be a very small victory but I feel like I haven’t had any victories lately so I’ll take what I can get.

Didn’t hit my goal weight at my nutritionist appointment but at least the scale moved in the right direction. Guess I’ll count that as a win and try to do better tomorrow.

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,768 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,809 Member
    Options
    JFT - Nov 28
    Weight - 195

JFT - Nov 29
    Weight - 192.4

This weight is more reasonable, I need to stay away from the chips. I know that’s my problem . I have been doing fairly well at not buying them for the house, but work is a different matter.
    I had some in the house this weekend because of the sleepover decorating party with Kaitlyn and Michaela. They didn’t get eaten when they were here, but I took care of them now. 😂

@pridesabtch - I just love your Whoville.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,386 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    - Work by 6:20 :smiley:
    - 6:30 meeting :smiley:
    - Other miscellaneous meetings :smiley:
    - Mini meals :smiley:
    - Log food :smiley:
    - Drink water :neutral:
    - Stay green :smiley:
    - Home by 3:30 :smiley:
    - Reasonable low-ish carb dinner :smiley:
    - Bible Study :smiley:
    - Bed by 11:00 :smiley:

Good day yesterday. Need to get more water in, but otherwise I did well. Rocking a headache today and have to do a couple of training sessions for new employees. Maybe decorating the tree tonight depending on how V feels. She's been sick on and off for 3 weeks now. Took her to Med Express yesterday. Not flu or Covid, just sick. They gave her some steroids and antibiotics to try to knock it out.

If we don't get to the tree tonight, and my headache subsides, we may go to trivia.

JFT Wednesday
    - Work by 8:00 :( Close, but not quite
    - Morning meetings
    - Training sessions
    - Mini meals
    - Log food
    - stay green
    - low-ish carb dinner
    - Evening activity (Tree or trivia)
    - Bed by 11:00
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,386 Member
    Options
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options

Not the best evening... by mistake, I went to the grocery store hungry. Came home with peppermint ice cream, choc covered pretzels, and a large cookie. Why do I do this! I won't even say how much I devoured last nite.. only to be mad at myself again. As hubby says. .. it all starts in the grocery store.

Today is a new day.
    hubby is having skin cancer surgery today, so my goals are not much .. we are told we could be there as long as 5-6 hrs. So I am bringing hand sewing to do, and plan to eat very lite today. (Ha.. I think last nite I ate enough calories for all days calorie allotment).

5 pound challenge .. lost 5# by end of year! Weigh-ins
    Trying to weigh every saturday
    November 12: 205.0 ! Yikes. I knew I was up, because my jeans are once again tight. So my goal is to be back in onderland by January 1st!
    Nov 18: 207.2 --- the scale is going the wrong direction.. and when I look back, I know why.Its mindless eating of even "healthy" foods like raisins, banannas, nuts, etc. So, that must stop
    Nov 26: 209. going in the wrong direction... back to starting weight ... but tomorrow is a new day. too much overeating for thanksgiving, so hoping for a loss next week.

• more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 11/29/2022 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No dessert today.(last 11/12) Can have sugarfree or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today & none ice cream that my friend brought.✔️
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 11/16)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until next Monday.✔️
    5) No hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 11/28). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g), but none of Gary's.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (last 10/19) (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)✔️
    10) Sweet potato or pumpkin ok today.✔️Didn't eat today.

JFT for 11/30/2022 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today, unless I have one at friend's company party tonight.(last 11/12) Can have sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash today & none ice cream that my friend brought.
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 11/16)
    4) Don't weigh again until next Monday.
    5) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 11/28). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g), but none of Gary's.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (last 10/19) (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    10) Sweet potato or pumpkin ok today.
    11) Can eat what I want at friend's company party tonight.
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    ================== 4DW started (none for now) =============
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Last day to clean up the nuts and bolts I made. Starting tomorrow need to eat way better. Have about 7 lbs I need to drop 5 of which I’m sure is water weight from all the salt. Heading to Mexico in dec 18 and want to be as close to 160 as possible. This week plan was threadmill walk mwf (having issues with my hip can’t really jog yet) and bod workout Tuesday and Thursday. Instead of sticking to a program just have been picking different workouts to do from various programs.

Today goal is treadmill which I have already done and to drink my 72oz water
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,103 Member
    Options
    Goals for 11/29
    - yoga ❌
    - 40 oz of water ❌
    - Log all food ✅

Trying to pretend yesterday just didn’t happen. Hopefully my appointment goes okay and I’ve actually managed to hit the goal weight I have in mind. It would be a very small victory but I feel like I haven’t had any victories lately so I’ll take what I can get.

Didn’t hit my goal weight at my nutritionist appointment but at least the scale moved in the right direction. Guess I’ll count that as a win and try to do better tomorrow.

That is definitely a win! Congrats!
  • Bex953172
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I have a bit of a weird challenge....

Context: Ive been trying to trim up for years now. I had an easy time going from a 27.9 BMI to 22.7. All i did was cut out starches and ate as much as i want. Now that's stopped working, but i still have ten pounds left. I had success with calorie counting but it killed my energy and i gained the ten pounds back. I tried every diet, but all gave me some sort of trouble.

But then something weird happened. I quit my caffeine teatotaling ways. On days i drink, my appetite is completely different. Instead of being hungry constantly, im only hungry three times a day. And i never overeat; even the slightest bit of overeating makes me feel terrible. Im also calmer and have an easier time saying no to food. I think i found my secret weapon. Maybe not, but im eager to give it a chance.

There's a caveat tho: Im not used to consuming caffeine regularly. Its very easy for me to forget to and eat like how i used to. I have the opposite problem of the average joe!

So this is my goal for today and for tomorrow: Drink as much caffeine as i want, as long as i have at least one cup of coffee (or equivalent) before noon, and one after but before the sun sets.

If i can make this a habit, then i have a feeling it will serve as a great base going on for weightloss and fitness.

I'll report back Thursday morning.

I'm quite interested in this! I'm a coffee drinker anyway. But the caffeine does the reverse for me, makes me more tired 🤷

Do you normally drink other hot drinks? I'm from the UK so cups of tea generally runs in our veins!!
    Was just thinking is it the caffeine or is it just that it's a hot drink making you feel fuller for longer (it also counts towards your water intake too so win-win) because if it is the fact it's a hot drink you could also switch your evening drink to a decaff coffee so it doesn't keep you awake. I can literally have a coffee or even an energy drink and fall asleep 😂

So yeah, do let us know how you get on!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,519 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    @mytime6630 My rule is never go to the grocery store hungry. Prayers for your hubby's surgery.
    @clicketykeys Yay for improvement with the ears / hearing!
    @emgracewrites Slow progress is good... more likely to stick.
    @cgottschlich Interesting about the caffeine. I recently replaced my addiction to Diet Mountain Dew with coffee, 2 cups, usually morning only. I'll have to see if that makes any difference. At least my nurse practitioner is very pleased, she's been on my case about diet soda forever.

JFT 11/30 W
    1) Month end weight & measurements taken & logged on MFP :neutral: Thanksgiving foods lol
    2) PT exercises :smiley: happy me
    3) Move hourly
    4) Make root veggie beef stew for supper / net calories zero / >64 oz. water
    5) SW calling 2pm ~ we were college roommates, really looking forward to talking first time in months / finish declutter in family room / dust / start setting up nativities (I collect them, have lots) / batteries in wreath & hang / make grocery list for tomorrow / another ta-da?
    6) Floss / retainers / pray

Very winter-like weather today with temp 27F (-3C), with blustery winds & a few snow flakes falling, wind chill 12F. No dog walk today, did PT instead.

I walked dog 81.24 miles in November, my longest monthly distance this year. Very happy dog. Only 82.65km (51.37 mi) to reach 800km for the yearly challenge. That should be no problem, although weather-dependent for dog walks. Eventually, if roads become snow covered or icy, I will be forced to use basement treadmill (sad me and sad dog).

While I won't reach the ultimate goal of 1022km this year, I'm proud of what I've accomplished, with arthritis in both knees, overuse diagnosed early in the year, and physical therapy exercises.

5# Challenge ~ using my Sat. w-i
    Nov. 12 = 175.5
    Nov. 19 = 175
    Nov. 26 = 176 Thanksgiving foods

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    • 3.1.22 (still recovering from flu 2.23-2.25)
    • 3.31.22 maintaining not gaining
    • 4.30.22 barely maintaining
    • 5.31.22 ack
    • 6.30.22 ups & downs in June, but no worse at end of month
    • 8.2.22 up again ~ gah! (lazy in July & ate whatever I wanted)
    • 9.1.22 not doing so great eating-wise
    • 9.30.22 leveling off, starting downwards again :)
    • 10.31.22 not pretty... I can't stand being this heavy again!
    • 11.30.22 Thanksgiving foods put me up
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Started PT (physical therapy) exercises 1.28.22 due to overuse of arthritic knees
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 (first time in person since 2019) ~ 1:41:02 ave. pace 16:27 first half 51:35 second half 50:26 & knees were fine :star: happy me
    • Packers 5K on 7.16.22 ~ 48:48 average pace 15:43 finished 37/81 in my age group (I'm oldest year in range haha)
    • Bellin Women's 5K on 10/1/22 (Packers 5K discount yay) ~ 48:56 ave. pace 15:45 overall 202 of 296 :star: not too shabby 9 days before I turned 65yo
    • register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K on 10/8/22 (price goes up in Sept) ~ reconsidered due to knees on nature trails with rocks, tree roots & finishing up a very steep sledding hill... have decided not doing this year (maybe ever again = sad me b/c I love trail events)
    • watch for other events to add
    • maybe Jingle Bell 5K in person this year? need to watch for
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement ~ not much progress lately, at least dining room done
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm. Just put a big pot of vegetables on the stove!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @mytime6630 My rule is never go to the grocery store hungry. Prayers for your hubby's surgery.
    @clicketykeys Yay for improvement with the ears / hearing!
    @emgracewrites Slow progress is good... more likely to stick.
    @cgottschlich Interesting about the caffeine. I recently replaced my addiction to Diet Mountain Dew with coffee, 2 cups, usually morning only. I'll have to see if that makes any difference. At least my nurse practitioner is very pleased, she's been on my case about diet soda forever.

JFT 11/30 W
    1) Month end weight & measurements taken & logged on MFP :neutral: Thanksgiving foods lol
    2) PT exercises :smiley: happy me
    3) Move hourly
    4) Make root veggie beef stew for supper / net calories zero / >64 oz. water
    5) SW calling 2pm ~ we were college roommates, really looking forward to talking first time in months / finish declutter in family room / dust / start setting up nativities (I collect them, have lots) / batteries in wreath & hang / make grocery list for tomorrow / another ta-da?
    6) Floss / retainers / pray

Very winter-like weather today with temp 27F (-3C), with blustery winds & a few snow flakes falling, wind chill 12F. No dog walk today, did PT instead.

I walked dog 81.24 miles in November, my longest monthly distance this year. Very happy dog. Only 82.65km (51.37 mi) to reach 800km for the yearly challenge. That should be no problem, although weather-dependent for dog walks. Eventually, if roads become snow covered or icy, I will be forced to use basement treadmill (sad me and sad dog).

While I won't reach the ultimate goal of 1022km this year, I'm proud of what I've accomplished, with arthritis in both knees, overuse diagnosed early in the year, and physical therapy exercises.

5# Challenge ~ using my Sat. w-i
    Nov. 12 = 175.5
    Nov. 19 = 175
    Nov. 26 = 176 Thanksgiving foods

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    • 3.1.22 (still recovering from flu 2.23-2.25)
    • 3.31.22 maintaining not gaining
    • 4.30.22 barely maintaining
    • 5.31.22 ack
    • 6.30.22 ups & downs in June, but no worse at end of month
    • 8.2.22 up again ~ gah! (lazy in July & ate whatever I wanted)
    • 9.1.22 not doing so great eating-wise
    • 9.30.22 leveling off, starting downwards again :)
    • 10.31.22 not pretty... I can't stand being this heavy again!
    • 11.30.22 Thanksgiving foods put me up
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Started PT (physical therapy) exercises 1.28.22 due to overuse of arthritic knees
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 (first time in person since 2019) ~ 1:41:02 ave. pace 16:27 first half 51:35 second half 50:26 & knees were fine :star: happy me
    • Packers 5K on 7.16.22 ~ 48:48 average pace 15:43 finished 37/81 in my age group (I'm oldest year in range haha)
    • Bellin Women's 5K on 10/1/22 (Packers 5K discount yay) ~ 48:56 ave. pace 15:45 overall 202 of 296 :star: not too shabby 9 days before I turned 65yo
    • register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K on 10/8/22 (price goes up in Sept) ~ reconsidered due to knees on nature trails with rocks, tree roots & finishing up a very steep sledding hill... have decided not doing this year (maybe ever again = sad me b/c I love trail events)
    • watch for other events to add
    • maybe Jingle Bell 5K in person this year? need to watch for
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement ~ not much progress lately, at least dining room done
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship

This is an insane question but do you put the dog on the treadmill so he still gets a walk?
    If you do I still think that's great he gets a walk!
    I have to be careful with my dog because he's a whippet he has very short fur and not much body fat. So I need to buy him a coat really to go out in the cold weather. I was going to make him one but I can't sit and crochet for that long. It'd be summer by the time I finished it 😂
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - after my walnuts, I won't eat again until company dinner with my friend. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • cgottschlich
    cgottschlich Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Early update. I felt awful last night. I think ive been either having too much caffeine, or not enough rest. I do remember making myself have some black tea just to perk myself up, but i wasnt "hungry" for it and it didnt even perk me up much. But regardless the fact is that, if im consuming caffeine, i am disconnected with my tiredness feedback system and have to take care, giving myself regular break. Otherwise i'm doomed to burn myself out accidentaly!

So this morning i skipped the caffeine. Let myself be sleepy and lazy. Its noon sharp as i type this. Thirsting for some caffeine. Might keep it light, like some green tea or hot chocolate. I will also probably keep it light tomorrow, since that night im going to a rager. My first caffeine habit post-teatotaling was drinking coke at clubs, to stay awake, ease anxiety, and really sink into music and dancing, so im unsure how effective pop will be now that im acclimated to caffeine (I know tolerance can develop very quickly, both on the longterm and daily scales). But if coke doesnt end up working, even after taking it easy, i can always order a red bull instead.

Just had a big lunch. Im not gonna worry about how big it is, since its a rest day, and since if my hunches are correct, it will all even out in the grander scheme of things.
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Do you normally drink other hot drinks? I'm from the UK so cups of tea generally runs in our veins!!
    Was just thinking is it the caffeine or is it just that it's a hot drink making you feel fuller for longer (it also counts towards your water intake too so win-win) because if it is the fact it's a hot drink you could also switch your evening drink to a decaff coffee so it doesn't keep you awake.

I'm a big hot drink fan. I have probably ten different tisanes in my pantry right now. :) I also really like soup and have been drinking decaf coffee for a long time. I find that, for me, theyre nice to quench thirst and keep warm with, but do little for hunger. I used them a lot calorie counting because it kept me from eating, but i think that was more me distracting myself with calorie-free beverages than anything. :D

@emgracewrites I see that youre using a nutritionist. Im going to try to get one at my next GP appt. How is the experience so far? Were you trying to diet before you got a nutritionist? If so, whats the difference?

----

That's it for now! My next update will probably be Friday or Saturday.
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 460 Member
    Options

@emgracewrites I see that youre using a nutritionist. Im going to try to get one at my next GP appt. How is the experience so far? Were you trying to diet before you got a nutritionist? If so, whats the difference?

----

That's it for now! My next update will probably be Friday or Saturday.

@cgottschlich I’m liking the experience with the nutritionist so far. Only been going to see her for a few months. That said, my goal is actually to gain weight. I got a referral from a gastroenterologist. I was having a lot of digestive issues from undiagnosed IBS. It got so bad that I dropped a bunch of weight and then had a hard time gaining any of it back. Basically the nutritionist is helping me to figure out what foods do and don’t agree with my system, and holding me accountable for eating larger amounts of the stuff that I can tolerate. She’s also encouraging me to add more balanced snacks in terms of macros and stuff. The push and the accountability I think are the most helpful things for me.

I tried to gain the weight back myself before I got diagnosed / started seeing her, but I wasn’t picking very nutrient-dense or balanced things to eat, so that’s why I wasn’t having much success. Hopefully things will continue to change for the better and I can stop being so impatient with wanting immediate results.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Goals for 11/29
    - yoga ❌
    - 40 oz of water ❌
    - Log all food ✅

[/quote]

You SHOULD count that as a win, because it IS a win! Good for you! Any improvement over the day before is a win! Good job!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

Just for Today
    • Drink 64 oz water [FOCUS FOR THIS MONTH] :smile:
    • Eat for hunger, NOT entertainment. :naughty:
    • Pay attention to ENOUGH vs FULL. Stop at ENOUGH. :smile:
    • 24H Plan and Assess. Send to AG. :smile:
    • Close Activity Rings on watch :smile:
    • 15 minutes sewing room declutter :naughty: / 15 minutes digital declutter :smile:
    • Self-Dev (15 min) :smile: WFPB podcast and research
    • Self-Care (15 min) :smile: Podcasts, rested, fingernails.
    • FIFA World Cup - watch US vs Iran match :smile:
    • Evening Routine: Clean kitchen, set up coffeemaker, brush & floss teeth, remove makeup, readings, gratitude journal, iPad time, lights out on time. Set alarm for morning and NO HITTING SNOOZE!

THIS WEEK:
    • December budget
    • Gather Christmas card addresses
    • Start Christmas gift list
    • Begin Christmas baking. Make one batch of cookies or bread.
    • Go to PF one time!!! Just DO IT!
    • Make at least one new WFPB recipe. Research ideas. :smile: Wed, made large pot of veggie bean soup.

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Just for Today Wednesday / 11/30/2022
    • Drink 64 oz water [FOCUS FOR THIS MONTH] :smile:
    • Eat for hunger, NOT entertainment. :smile: YAY!!! Waited for hunger. Didn't grabass out of boredom. Happy Dance!
    • Pay attention to ENOUGH vs FULL. Stop at ENOUGH. :smile: YAY! Left bites in my morning oatmeal. Stopped when I felt my stomach pushing out and noticed I was looking for "best bites".
    • 24H Plan and Assess. Send to AG. :smile:
    • Close Activity Rings on watch :smile:
    • 15 minutes declutter :smile: / 15 minutes digital declutter :smile: (email declutter)
    • Self-Dev (15 min) :smile: Started 21-Day Vegan Day #1.
    • Self-Care (15 min) :smile: Started 21-Day Vegan Day #1.
    • Start 21-Day Vegan challenge :smile:
    • Evening Routine: Clean kitchen, set up coffeemaker, brush & floss teeth, remove makeup, readings, gratitude journal, iPad time, lights out on time.

THIS WEEK:
    • December budget
    • Gather Christmas card addresses
    • Start Christmas gift list :wink: Started on Wednesday, 11/30.
    • Begin Christmas baking. Make one batch of cookies or bread.
    • Go to PF one time!!! Just DO IT!
    • Make at least one new WFPB recipe. Research ideas. :smile: Wed, made veggie bean soup.

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. THINK PINK. Duolingo. Mail check!
    2. Write "How Do Taxes Work?" script.
    3. Shoot Countee Cullen video. Shoot "Incident" analysis video. Shoot Book I Love antho video.
    4. Reading - Libby. Update Goodreads! Continue drafting unit plans.
    5. Write S&F and Clois. VITAL: check bingo worksheets; students enter course requests!
    6. Check in w KB about tutoring. Call Z.
    7. YMCA classes. Dems meeting.
    8. Evening: Podcast! Dinner: Salad. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Create online signups for trunk or treat and farmer's market and backpack blessings. Sat take Starbucks card on walk! Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Thu Dems mtg / podcast. Fri thrifting for angel tree/ secret Santa. Sat crafty @ library 2P w mom, then massage! Sun EGL 4-close. Can work NYE/Day.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 202.6

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s.

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit). ALA conference registration by March.

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Do years of service transfer? Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater / Hawaiian shirt. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark. When is annual checkup? When is next therapy appt? Discuss regressive behaviors & becoming nonverbal when upset.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; Hawaiian shirt. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? Dentist April 19 11a. Therapy Nov 21 11A. How to respond to regressive behavior? Obgyn Mar 15 11a.

WFTY: Focus.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.