• claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I want cheese now 😳
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,395 Member
    Options
    I want cheese now 😳

There's nothing wrong with that! Cheese is good. It's just... lots of cheese means no other food. And moderating cheese is so not done, right?
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,461 Member
    Options
    I want cheese now 😳

Hahaha exactly what was going through my head!!!!

Hysteria my *kitten*. Don’t even get me started.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,637 Member
    Options
    High protein low fat cheese... OMG! But... I can't buy it here :disappointed:
  • yirara
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    High protein low fat cheese... OMG! But... I can't buy it here :disappointed:

I'm sorry, I'm so sorry! On the other hand Asian food is *kitten* here, and for those lazy days I can't even get a microwave meal that is half palatable. I need to cook everything from scratch! With limited choice of produce :s Wanted to drive to the Netherlands on Saturday to stock up on Asian ingredients, low-fat mayo and a pile of other things. But I surprisingly got a brain scan then. Thus the good food will have to wait.
  • claireychn074
    Options
    Yes there is nothing wrong with eating cheese AS LONG AS YOUR HUSBAND HASN’T EATEN IT ALL 😡

For the UK-ers, reduced fat Cathedral City is a good option: tastes good, high protein and still manages to melt really well for cheese on toast and in sauces. And (don’t shoot me) it goes well with pineapple 🤷‍♂️
  • springlering62
    Options
    @yirara. Yikes. A brain scan? I sincerely hope this is something a dietary or exercise change can correct. Praying there’s an “easy button” for you.
  • springlering62
    Options
    And PS if you’re close enough to drive into the Netherlands, send these folks pictures of the cheese department! I’d love to see their reaction!

My daughter constantly gripes about how expensive cheese is in Germany, when a hundred miles away, it’s cheap.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    We've got cheese?
    o4lkenrukp8s.jpg
    (Note gallon milk jugs at left, for scale.)
    36nsa1zvu3wo.jpg
    Same store: They whack up those big wheels and prepackage rather than doing counter service to cut individual orders customer by customer. All of those fridge cases the whole length of the photo are full of cheese, many dozens and dozens of kinds. (The regular boring supermarket type cheeses are in a whole other area, a couple refrigerated rooms, a tiny sliver of which you can see at right in the first photo.)

Not as much good cheese here as The Netherlands, of course, but about as much as I can handle. Good stuff available from the artisan & farmstead guys at the farmers market, too, but smaller scale.

But I digress. I hope yirara will forgive me. Cheese, yum, cheeeeeeese!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,637 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I had to **disagree** on principle to this gratuitous display of cheese! Oh, fine. I can't hit "that button" on you! I'll leave it for someone else! You can have a hug instead even if you don't hug back! :lol:

Some lame type goat cheese is available around here for people who want to stray past laughing cow... it is actually NOT terrible, far from it. But I don't know about going as far as great! :lol:https://www.presidentschoice.ca/product/pc-blue-menu-goat-cheese/20824850_EA?icid=pc-blue-menu-100%-whole-grain-tortillas&icidlocation=tile2_pdp-related-products-section
  • yirara
    Options
    Oh great. This whole thread has turned a bit cheesy. Not that I mind, mind.
    Nah, everything as ever in that crazy head of mine. Just a check as things can go wrong with the type of muscle disease suspected for me.
  • claireychn074
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    We've got cheese?
    o4lkenrukp8s.jpg
    36nsa1zvu3wo.jpg Cheese, yum, cheeeeeeese!

OMG!!!!😮😮

I live in the wrong country. I need to emigrate to that cheese counter!
  • yirara
    edited January 2022
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    We've got cheese?
    o4lkenrukp8s.jpg
    36nsa1zvu3wo.jpg Cheese, yum, cheeeeeeese!

OMG!!!!😮😮

I live in the wrong country. I need to emigrate to that cheese counter!

Oh yes, I need proper cheese. German cheese overall is rather tasteless and boring. I want to move to the south of Europe. All those lovely goats and other cheeses, and don't get me started on dry meat things!

Btw, as of today I'm down 1.6kg. Of course not far. That would be impossible, but less waste from eating less, less water weight, more movement. Cool.
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Glad you're getting closer to figuring out what's going on!
  • claireychn074
    Options
    We need a cheese thread in the food category - drool. Will start one later on if I can and we need @AnnPT77 to post that awesome cheese picture!
  • yirara
    Options
    Oops! Not sure this is something to celebrate

qymu74dsi4lz.png

And yes, we need a cheese thread!
  • springlering62
    Options
    y09167bkcx0p.jpeg
  • yirara
    Options
    Hahaha!
  • yirara
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Preparing things for an exercise test I have lined up I ran 6km today (50 minutes). Well, that was the stretch goal anyway. I'd hoped to do 5km. 15 minutes in my HR decides to go over what I thought was my anaerobic threshold briefly. Hmpf.. ok, there goes my run. I run on. And on. And on. And then finish after 50 minutes with having run nearly 30 minutes above where I thought that darn threshold was. It just wasn't there at all. Colour me confused. Especially as I seem to be getting lactic acidosis if I'm not careful enough. Makes no sense.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Preparing things for an exercise test I have lined up I ran 6km today (50 minutes). Well, that was the stretch goal anyway. I'd hoped to do 5km. 15 minutes in my HR decides to go over what I thought was my anaerobic threshold briefly. Hmpf.. ok, there goes my run. I run on. And on. And on. And then finish after 50 minutes with having run nearly 30 minutes above where I thought that darn threshold was. It just wasn't there at all. Colour me confused. Especially as I seem to be getting lactic acidosis if I'm not careful enough. Makes no sense.

I hope you're able to get down to some kind of good explanation of this, and treatment if that's needed. I can't imagine how frustrating it is not really knowing . . . but at least it sounds like there's some progress toward better diagnosis. Hoping, on your behalf!