Lets do this again

Options
13»

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    @AnnPT77 I think the answer to everything is just: bodies are weird. Yeah, mine is certainly weird. I currently seem to be losing weight like crazy. 12 days in and I'm down 2kg. Which begs some questions: Lots of this is likely water. I've never held so badly onto water before despite a high carb diet that I can't change as my body needs it. I'm eating 1400 calories plus all exercise (mostly short runs 3-4x per week). With my TDEE around 1700 on non-exercise days this is by no means a huge deficit, though of course could be smaller. Hmm...
  • yirara
    Options
    Aaand... tomorrow will be waterweight day! I made teriyaki with salt instead of sugar. Which I only noticed when I put the marinated tofu into the pan. Yiha. :D Oh well, it was tasty after all (after adding some emergency sugar and some lemon)
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,463 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I fried chicken one time I dredged in powdered sugar by mistake.

That was exciting. It foamed over as soon as it hit the hot grease.
  • yirara
    Options
    I fried chicken one time I dredged in powdered sugar by mistake.

That was exciting. It foamed over as soon as it hit the hot grease.

Ouch! I think I know why I don't have a fryer. :D did you in the end get something edible out of it?
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Deep fried powdered sugar chicken? Ummm…..as much as I love sweet things…..NO.
  • yirara
    Options
    Haha, yes, I can imagine. Next attempt at tofu teriyaki tonight. I did use sugar this time instead of salt.
  • yirara
    Options
    Trying to run a bit further again. At least get to 10km without wrecking myself. Today I managed 6.7km (yeah, I know... just 300m more to 7km. Sigh) in 54 minutes. Next goal will be 7km or 60 minutes, whatever comes first. I mean... wow, running for nearly an hour without stopping. For me, that is huge!

Have to think of what I want to cook for the next two days. I have so much food in the fridge and don't want to buy more veggies.. maybe an aubergine curry of sorts.