Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Carb goals per meal

Options
As far as I can tell, there's no way to set and track carb goals per meal (though please let me know how to do it if I'm wrong about that).

I have to start controlling and tracking my carbs per meal due to gestational diabetes and it would be very helpful to have this feature.

Or, if someone knows of a different app that does a good job on this, please let me know. I'd rather do this with an app instead of trying to track everything manually.

Thanks!
Tagged:
2 votes

Open for Voting · Last Updated

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,115 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can set a goal per meal, but you can monitor your intake per meal.

Via the food diary on the website:
    qb0ymjcz4cfe.jpg

Or on the Android app also in the food diary, if you turn the screen in landscape mode:
    7r9ozj3678ev.jpg
  • freedomlass
    freedomlass Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    No you can't set it per meal but as Lietchi has said you can see the breakdown per meal eaten, but you can set the daily total which is what I have done as I have recently been diagnosed as pre-diabetic so also watching my carbs/sugars/saturated fats/salts, although I have to convert the salts as it's listed as sodium on here which in itself is a pain.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    You may be able to do that in Premium MFP. I know you can set calorie goals by meal there, but I don't have premium now, so I can't check that for you (apologies!).
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    You may be able to do that in Premium MFP. I know you can set calorie goals by meal there, but I don't have premium now, so I can't check that for you (apologies!).

I checked and it is just a calorie goal per meal, no macro goals per meal.

In premium there is also an option to see macros (grams and percentage split) per meal:
    bsehl2jbdhu2.jpg