How often do you record your weight?

Options

Replies

• 230137isntmyweight
    230137isntmyweight Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Daily, even if its a gain. I like to track the fluctuations and bounce them off my workouts and sodium intake.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, but only record it every Friday morning
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I keep my own log at home and that's every day, 2x a day, up or down - and then I log only losses here on MFP which is usually about every 2 weeks.
  • mbarber1
    Options
    I usually check everyday Mon-Fri right after I wake up. Sometimes I forget. I also tend to eat worse over the weekend so I'm afraid to check my weight then. I only log it on the website if it is a decrease :)
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I log it when I lose. That's all.

Same here, with the exception of my vacation when I deliberately gained weight to reset my metabolism. I weigh daily out of curiosity - but I also do not obsess about it because I fluctuate a lot. I take the lowest weight of the week and that's what I go with. Normally that occurs on my regular 'weigh day' (Saturday) but sometimes, especially if I have a big meal on Friday night or some drinks it will not shift until Sunday or Monday.
  • doubleohstatus
    Options
    Breakfast for me is 12pm since i'm doing intermittent fasting so I keep my weight-ins first thing in the morning after using the bathroom. I consume a lot of water throughout the day so it wouldn't be too accurate at any other point.
  • sokkache
    sokkache Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale at my home and I think that it would upset me if I did get one because I would probably end up weighing myself several times a day. I weight myself about once or twice a month though when I'm at the gym or wherever.
  • FatOldBat
    FatOldBat Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options

I am pretty obsessive at the moment and weigh myself every day,

Once a week to temper just the sort of obsessiveness you mention.
  • CardiacKev28
    CardiacKev28 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a month, that way I am not chasing the scale. Good Luck!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    me never, its all about, how you, yourself feel , and are you happy with it
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but only record it every Friday.....helps me keep my sanity.
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    I wait until I lose 5 pounds before I check-in on MFP but weigh myself everyday to monitor the trend.
  • shurders
    Options
    I just started a few weeks ago, but, I intend to weigh myself first thing every morning but only record on Friday morning, loss or gain.
  • PinkLotus4
    PinkLotus4 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great answers everyone....I think I will stick with recording once a week..gain or loss..and just keep a journal at home where i can record daily flactuations....
  • Eumoher
    Eumoher Posts: 3
    Options
    I use a Withings Wifi scale. I step on it every morning, when first getting up, after I go potty (TMI). It automatically sends it to Myfitnesspal.
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and put it into weightgrapher.com, but only log here when I have a loss from the last weight I logged here. Mostly because my dad is constantly up and down and it annoys me to see that he "loses" twice a week but his weight stays the same. :tongue: Don't like to junk up my news feed unless its a new lowest weight.
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Some different. I weigh myself maybe once a month, or every 2 months. If I weigh myself every week. It only makes me frustrated.
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I weigh weigh myself first thing in the mornings a couple of times a week. But my "official" MFP weight comes from the scale at the gym, right before I work out on Tuesday nights, because that's the scale and time I was using when I started on MFP. I only record if there's a change in either direction. Don't see any point in logging it in if it's the same. I keep track of my morning weigh ins in a separate notebook just so I can see what's going on.
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Sunday morning.