Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Comment section in My Recipes

In My Recipes, there is only an option for servings. But what is a serving size? Cups? Grams? So either adding additional measurements for “serving” or adding a comment section would be helpful.
Tagged:
5 votes

Open for Voting · Last Updated

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,093 Member
    In absence of a section to specify the unit, a serving can be whatever you want it to be. I would personally suggest using the weight of the finished dish in grams as the serving size. That way, when you eat from the dish, you can log the weight of what you eat as the number of servings.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    @jerrymcgowan I agree it would be great to have a place in the recipe builder to enter this. For the mean time, as a work around, I add-in my serving size to the name of the recipe to remind me, usually something simple and consistent like 100g, or 14oz if it’s a mason jar of soup. So my recipe is “side dish Per100g” or “soup per14oz”. Then, for number of servings, try to weigh the cooking pot empty beforehand, so you can weigh it full and subtract the weight of the pot to calculate the weight of the food and figure out the number of servings.