I need a good mid-afternoon snack

Options
13»

Replies

• helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options

Whatever you do don't choose an apple...I did that last week and almot knawed off my husbands arm when I walked through the door at 5pm cause I couldn't wait to eat.

Thank you! I thought it was just me. Apples make me hungrier!!

They make me hungry too! I rarely have them now! lol
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Apples
    Oranges
    Dried figs
    Dates
    nuts
  • goddesscalee
    Options
    Depends on what type of weight loss plan you're on. Protein is always a great choice! String cheese, beef jerky, nut butters, Greek yogurt, low-carb whey protein powder, deviled eggs. I also find if I'm eating regularly, high quality protein and I'm feeling sluggish...I may not be hydrated. I try increasing my water. I carry a frozen 64 oz jug that melts through-out the day. There are new zero carb packs of lime or lemon flavoring, that are great! I also find that having herbal teabags in my purse are nice.
    Best Wishes!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I try to have a protein snack in the afternoon.
    Something like a boiled egg, some ham, protein shake, chicken sausage or meatballs. Keeps me going until dinner time!
    And drink green tea or water too.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been eating sugar snap peas with hummus in the afternoon, they are really satisfying and get me through until supper.
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I try to have a protein snack in the afternoon.
    Something like a boiled egg, some ham, protein shake, chicken sausage or meatballs. Keeps me going until dinner time!
    And drink green tea or water too.

I'm all about the protein as well. Seems to keep me satisfied for longer. I try to pair my protein with fiber as well for extra fullness; apple/cheese, yoghurt/fruit, ham/brown rice, boiled egg/wholegrain very thin toast.

Ditto on plenty of water, and hot tea must be drunk slowly so keeps the hands and mouth busy while still consuming something!
  • MoochieRama
    MoochieRama Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bake an apple, sprinkle w cinnamon & stevia & 1 tablespoon of nuts or granola.
  • Mita19
    Mita19 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    baby carrots with a wedge of laughing cow cheese 70 cals :smile: