Gastritis - From Suffering to Healing

Options
Haven't been on here for awhile, but hoping I can find others who have shared my expeirence and help me get through it!

Diagnosed last week (via endoscopy) with Gastritis and Reactive Gastropathy. It has been an absolute hellish nightmare - constant nausea from mornting to night, constant feeling of fullness, no appetite, lost 21 lbs in two weeks (normally I'd be thrilled about this, but not this way).

I'm on Dexilant to reduce acid and sulcrate to help sooth the stomach. I've completely changed my diet to 100% bland, but 10 days in and I'm still pretty bad. I'm in a bunch of groups on other platforms, but they are mostly people going through the worst of the worst (some of them say they are 10 years into the battle - I cannot imagine) and it doesn't give one a lot of hope.

Basically what I'm looking for here is to hear from people who have experienced Gastritis or Reactive Gastropahy - how did you cope in those early days/weeks? when did things start getting better? Do you truly have to live on a bland diet like this the rest of your life, or were you able to incorporate "normal" foods back into your diet?

Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this and can share. This has truly been the worst experience of my life.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,085 Member
    Options
    I have no useful information - apologies! I do remember your ID, wanted to comment just to sympathize, wish you improvements as time moves on, and send hopes that you find some seasoned strategies.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I have no useful information - apologies! I do remember your ID, wanted to comment just to sympathize, wish you improvements as time moves on, and send hopes that you find some seasoned strategies.

Thank you, Ann.