Any other real ale drinkers?

Options
13»

Replies

• kakiem
    kakiem Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Katie and I am an ale lover. CAMRA was a big part of my life in Leeds but moved to Glasgow at the beginning of the year and finding it hard to fit in to the new branch. Love a good beer. I must admit at the moment I don't log it. But as soon as things stop working I will start logging it!

Also in the world of academia.

Anyone feel free to add me!
  • battybecks
    battybecks Posts: 147 Member
    Options

Good link! I said 'real ale' so UK readers would understand, and 'craft beer' so US readers would understand. It's the closest cross-cultural translation!

Wow, I'm glad there are so many of you - I wondered if the dieting had meant a suppression of ale appetites! I'm in Sheffield, near so many local breweries - Wentworth, Sheffield Brewery, Thornbridge, Abbeydale, etc. I've been in Brighton all weekend for a conference and I've been drinking TEA (Hog'sback Brewer - chosen for its joke potential - 'oh, I've only been drinking tea') and Otter Beer! Also the inevitable London Pride. Got back and had a pint of Ilkey Pale Ale on my way home. Needless to say the day's log didn't look too good.

I'm intrigued that so many of you brew as well - peanut butter beer sounds awesome.
  • battybecks
    battybecks Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My friend is in the Barnsley CAMRA branch, he asked lots of breweries for calories in their beer and worked out from their responses the calorific value by abv and made a graph. It's in one of the copies of their magazine on line, and I used it to add real ale at different abvs into my foods. http://www.barnsleycamra.org.uk/thebar/2012/autumn-2012.pdf page 15

This is brill - I've saved the chart for reference!

B x
  • 1978kell
    1978kell Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My friend is in the Barnsley CAMRA branch, he asked lots of breweries for calories in their beer and worked out from their responses the calorific value by abv and made a graph. It's in one of the copies of their magazine on line, and I used it to add real ale at different abvs into my foods. http://www.barnsleycamra.org.uk/thebar/2012/autumn-2012.pdf page 15

Tried opening the link and it says unavailable. I wish all real ales stated their calories etc on bottles and pump clips. This may help the industry as a whole as more people will realise they can still enjoy a pint when dieting/maintaining weight. I too am a CAMRA member so I think I may bring this up at a meeting
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    theres a good group on here.