The Vanity Thread / Body Types

Unsafespace
Unsafespace Posts: 88 Member
edited February 2022 in Chit-Chat
Which body type do you prefer / find the most attractive?

Lean and wiry swimmer's physique:
hugkl0exj97f.jpg

Lean (with size) sprinter's physique. Like the swimmer, but a bit more defined, more size in the chest, etc.:
drglnx7b1d2k.jpg

Bodybuilder:
og6pmka1dubn.jpg

Average:
ydheikkb6rom.jpg

Mick Jagger (skinny):
edxku9c0esx0.jpg

Replies

• Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Not pictured: Bulky: lifts weights regularly (and not just focusing on the upper body--I love a nice butt), but also likes to eat. Not body builder though. Does that make sense?
  • Unsafespace
    Not pictured: Bulky: lifts weights regularly (and not just focusing on the upper body--I love a nice butt), but also likes to eat. Not body builder though. Does that make sense?

It does make sense. You prefer a strongman physique:

69wzeqz40pez.jpg
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member

It does make sense. You prefer a strongman physique:

69wzeqz40pez.jpg

Not that big 😄
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    For me it's more about what the body can do rather than what it looks like. I tend to be attracted to certain types of movement: exquisite small muscle control, balance, flexibility, and wicked posture. So it could be a lean male ballet dancer like Baryshnikov, or a martial artist like Bruce Lee, or a big running back who has unbelievable footwork control while running full tilt and smashing into giants.

That kind of fine control tends to show up as a lot of emphasis on the smaller stabilizer muscles. I love the way they are so active and ripple with movement. That's what really makes a man look "ripped" to me. I notice serratus muscles before I notice pecs and abs.

The muscles tell a story of the way the person moves, so I'm more attracted to the types of musculature that comes with very precise power and control of movement. I dated a few body builders back in the day who really weren't athletic at all, like AT ALL, and it was a turnoff for me. All I could see when I looked at them was gym movements. I respected it, but I wasn't *attracted* to it. Meanwhile I was recently watching the Netflix show Cheer and daaaaaaaaaaamn, my jaw dropped seeing what some of those young men could do in terms of movement, it was utterly mesmerizing.

So yeah, I'm all about movement and the muscles that come with that type of movement.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Unfortunately my "ideal" type is the Mick Jaggeresque rock star heroin addict skinny body. Without the drug addiction of course.

I say unfortunately because, although there were an abundance of skinny guys when I was in my 20s, they've become more and more rare with age (again, without the drug addiction) so I haven't actually dated my "ideal" in many years.
  • Unsafespace
    edited February 2022
    Xellercin wrote: »
    For me it's more about what the body can do rather than what it looks like. I tend to be attracted to certain types of movement: exquisite small muscle control, balance, flexibility, and wicked posture. So it could be a lean male ballet dancer like Baryshnikov, or a martial artist like Bruce Lee, or a big running back who has unbelievable footwork control while running full tilt and smashing into giants.

That kind of fine control tends to show up as a lot of emphasis on the smaller stabilizer muscles. I love the way they are so active and ripple with movement. That's what really makes a man look "ripped" to me. I notice serratus muscles before I notice pecs and abs.

The muscles tell a story of the way the person moves, so I'm more attracted to the types of musculature that comes with very precise power and control of movement. I dated a few body builders back in the day who really weren't athletic at all, like AT ALL, and it was a turnoff for me. All I could see when I looked at them was gym movements. I respected it, but I wasn't *attracted* to it. Meanwhile I was recently watching the Netflix show Cheer and daaaaaaaaaaamn, my jaw dropped seeing what some of those young men could do in terms of movement, it was utterly mesmerizing.

So yeah, I'm all about movement and the muscles that come with that type of movement.

I totally agree about the serratus muscles, they are indeed cool looking. They kind of give a person the "Lamborghini" look. Kind of like the difference between a regular turtle and a snapping turtle. The regular one is more rounded and streamlined, while the snapping turtle is more jagged with a lot of cuts and angles.

68gdstmpc6ap.jpeg
    lhujk6b9xibb.jpg

And speaking of muscle control – have you ever seen that sport in the Olympics were the people hang on rings? An incredible display of truly impressive, finely-tuned muscle control
  • Unsafespace

Although there are no wrong answers so far in this thread, this is my favorite one. You really, really thought about this. How old are you?
  • Unsafespace
    edited February 2022
    For the longest time, I myself have aspired to look like the lean (with size) sprinter's physique. Although, xellercin makes a compelling case. Function > form, or better yet, aim for the best of both worlds.
  • Xellercin

Although there are no wrong answers so far in this thread, this is my favorite one. You really, really thought about this. How old are you?

Late 30s
  • Xellercin

I totally agree about the serratus muscles, they are indeed cool looking. They kind of give a person the "Lamborghini" look. Kind of like the difference between a regular turtle and a snapping turtle. The regular one is more rounded and streamlined, while the snapping turtle is more jagged with a lot of cuts and angles.

68gdstmpc6ap.jpeg
    lhujk6b9xibb.jpg

And speaking of muscle control – have you ever seen that sport in the Olympics were the people hang on rings? An incredible display of truly impressive, finely-tuned muscle control

LOL, I'm going to start calling my husband's serratus his "lambo cuts," he'll find it hilarious.
  • Unsafespace
    edited February 2022

68gdstmpc6ap.jpeg
    lhujk6b9xibb.jpg

LOL, I'm going to start calling my husband's serratus his "lambo cuts," he'll find it hilarious.

You've coined a new term in the world of fitness. That's really what they are, aren't they? 'Lambo cuts' :D
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Half man half horse :)

Actually, I think about the man's body kind of like the woman's body. Sometimes they're nice to look at but that's not what attracts me to a person. What attracts me is their glow, their approachability. I find it intimidating to approach that seemingly 'perfect body type'.

Ok, with all that baloney out of the way, I really wouldn't mind staring at Jason Momoa's body type all day.
  • Unsafespace
    edited February 2022
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Half man half horse :)

Actually, I think about the man's body kind of like the woman's body. Sometimes they're nice to look at but that's not what attracts me to a person. What attracts me is their glow, their approachability. I find it intimidating to approach that seemingly 'perfect body type'.

Ok, with all that baloney out of the way, I really wouldn't mind staring at Jason Momoa's body type all day.

Jason Mamoa? In which form? When he's super fit and cut, or the above ☝🏻 'dad bod'? Believe it or not, the physique in the 'dad bod' option is Jason Mamoa

1hkkah0xd2xi.jpg
  • Xellercin
    That's...not Momoa though...
  • Unsafespace
    edited February 2022

:o you are correct. I just checked and it's actually Leonardo DiCaprio. An asinine mistake on my part 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Xellercin

:o you are correct. I just checked and it's actually Leonardo DiCaprio. An asinine mistake on my part 🤦🏻‍♂️

Leo is famous for his dad bod, he's been sporting that look for years and years. Momoa gets a good layer of squish when he's between superhero gigs, but he's always well muscled. Putting on body fat can be a normal part of bulking/cutting cycles for really big dudes. Although for Momoa, it might be more of a beer/no beer cycle in his case, lol.
  • Coupongrl79
    Coupongrl79 Posts: 193 Member
    None of the above. I'll take the dad bod plus, please. Big hairy belly with a bit of man boob. Because average just isn't enough.
  • Unsafespace
    None of the above. I'll take the dad bod plus, please. Big hairy belly with a bit of man boob. Because average just isn't enough.

Roger-that

Ladies and gents, we're adding one more body type. Fat. And hairy. Bit of man boobs:
    aa2in51o63ky.jpg
  • Unsafespace
    edited February 2022
    Who knew some women like the plump bear ready for hibernation physique 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    I don't find any men's bodies attractive. I'm a straight male. Which body would I have if I could choose from a long list? The body which I had when I was about 23. Which happens to be slim, non-muscular. But if I had a different body type at the age of 23, I'd probably choose that.