Hello

Options
I've been using myfitnesspal for years, but this is my first time posting in the community.
My name is Mary, and over the last year and a half I've lost over 115 pounds using the app to track my calories and fitness goals.
Being accountable has helped me focus on not only area where I need improvement, but also on the areas where I've found success.
After my last spinal surgery, I found myself needing a walker to go even a short distance. By tracking my walks, I was able to lose the walker for a cane, within just a few weeks. Now more than a year later, I'm able to walk several miles at a time unassisted.
My A1C has been normal for over a year and my health is the best it's been since my 20's.

Replies

• BLOKE1
    BLOKE1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Congratulations. This March will mark my tenth year using MFP, it's been a great tool for me, managing to loose some ware between 85 and 90 lbs and holding around my ideal weight.
  • Mettewie
    Mettewie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Good for you. Slow and steady is best and it sounds like you did a great job of giving yourself some love and compassion.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Strong 2nd post. Nice job on getting progress and ditching the hardware to get you moving solo. I love it. I bet you shock the crap out of people in stores and your regular jaunts who have seen you're progressing. You go girl! And keep on going!!