Options
    Bump! Thanks!
  • freeinyou7
    Options
    thanks for the link!
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    I like using a Spicy Montreal steak rub on my chicken. Add the seasoning and keep in the fridge for 4-6 hours. Then bake in the oven 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

Also: Cambells makes these great sauces called "Skillet Ready" sacues. I love the Thai Green Curry sauce. Cube the chicken and use it with the sauce in a quick stir fry with veggies over a bed of spinach.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Go to amazingribs.com look up Simon n Garfunkel spice.... Great on chicken.
  • youknowmynamelookupthenumber
    Options
    To make it nice and easy for you:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
    2. Place chicken breast(s) on a baking sheet.
    3. Drizzle chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. (preferrably sea salt and freshly ground pepper)
    4. Bake in oven for about 30 minutes, until no longer pink and thermometer reads 165.

This is the method Ina Garten uses in most of her recipes. It sounds very simple, and it is, but they turn out so good. It is even better if you use bone-in, skin on meat, but you don't have to do that. Depending on the size and thickness of your chicken breasts, it may take more or less time to bake.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Usually I cook chicken in large batches in my crockpot. Usually I buy a few pounds of boneless chicken breasts and either throw them all in as is, or chop a few in half if they won't all fit. Add a little bit of water to help them stay moist, seasonings, turn it on Low, and go about your business for several hours. I then portion them into freezer bags and freeze most. You could even measure out 1-2 cups per bag if you wanted. Usually for my seasonings I just do a good amount of pepper, garlic powder and onion so that I can always add to the chicken later when I go to reheat and it's not just a big batch of taco flavored chicken or something.

PS - if you're trying to save money by buying bone in chicken (chicken leg quarters in particular can be as low as $0.59/lb), you can cook those easily in the crockpot as well! Follow the instructions above and the bones will literally slide right out when it's done cooking.

Be careful... The calorie count will be much higher if you cook skin on leg quarters.
  • starnet4
    starnet4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Try cutting the chicken into small slices and lightly fry with some ginger and a couple of cloves of garlic cut in two. Fry until the chicken is cooked and then discard the garlic and ginger. Allow the chicken to cool and then place in the fridge until cold. The chicken can be frozen for future meals.This can then be placed in a andwich with salad or whatever you wish.

If you want to eat it hot leave the garlic and ginger in the pan and add chopped lettuce, thinly sliced carroot, bamboo shoots, peas and corn kernals. Cook the mixture until all is cooked, add some corn flour mixed with water with a sqeeze of lemon and stir into mixture.Add Bean shoots just before serving. Enjoy...........
  • ndwildbill
    ndwildbill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Spray boneless, skinless breast with butter flavored cooking spray, sprinkle liberally with lemon pepper. Put on George Foreman grill. Yummy!
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    this is my all time favorite chicken recipe. It sounds harder then it is and I don't bother with pounding them down or stuffing them. I just put the ingredients on top and bake except the salad stuff of course. I serve it when guests come over and everyone raves.

FIVE STAR FETA CHICKEN
    Recipe Ingredients
    4 (4 ounce) skinned, boned chicken breasts halves
    1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
    1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese with basil and tomato
    Vegetable cooking spray
    1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
    3 cups torn spinach
    1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
    1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
    1 teaspoon olive oil
    1/8 teaspoon black pepper
    Recipe Directions
    Feta Cheese
    Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Dredge chicken in breadcrumbs. Spoon 1 tablespoon cheese onto each piece of chicken; fold chicken in half.
    Place folded breast halves in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drizzle melted margarine over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until chicken is done.
    Combine spinach and basil in a bowl; drizzle with vinegar and oil. Sprinkle pepper over salad; toss well. Serve chicken over salad.
    Nutrition information per serving:
    Recipe makes 4 servings
    Serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 3/4 cup salad
    Calories: 207; Protein: 29.6g; Fat: 6.2; Carbohydrate: 7.0g; Fiber: 2g; Cholesterol: 71mg; Sodium: 237mg
    - See more at: http://www.fitnessandfreebies.com/lf/lf70.html#sthash.icIsC87z.dpuf